• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo fails miserably when analyzed by Blizzards new Diversity Tool

Other game series that can benefit form this tool?

• Tomb Raider

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Uncharted

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Crash Bandicoot

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Spyro The Dragon

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • Halo

• Hitman

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Forza Horizon

• Gran Turismo

Votes: 79 40.7%
  • The Witcher

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Street Fighter

• Mortal Kombat

• Yakuza

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters

chromhound

The only diversify character from Nintendo i think ? lol
main.png

Marvel14

Banned
Heavens above, this can't be real.

How can one post with a straight face a Sexuality picture with Mario and Peach without thoughts about killing itself denching in gasoline and lit fire?
CZx55BO.jpg
Every time Mario yells "yippeee" he's actually discharging his load. You can see little white puffs underneath his feet if you look carefully. So that's what that actually is. And yes that is another way in which he is superhuman besides the rubber-like body.

Peach's "umbrella" is like a swiss army knife and has other private uses which often make her blush and giggle softly to herself.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Every time Mario yells "yippeee" he's actually discharging his load. You can see little white puffs underneath his feet if you look carefully. So that's what that actually is. And yes that is another way in which he is superhuman besides the rubber-like body.

Peach's "umbrella" is like a swiss army knife and has other private uses which often make her blush and giggle softly to herself.
I love this place.

Oh, and about Peach's umbrella:

fykG1mB.jpg

IFireflyl

Gold Member
This tool is perfectly fine for developers who are trying to achieve their own vision. However, this isn't something that should be forced on any developer. If a developer wants to load up their game with diversity just for the sake of diversity then let them, but if a developer is required to do so then that is a load of crap.

kubricks

Blizzard's diversity tool is designed for the management to dodge bullets from SJWs, while does absolutely nothing on actual diversity issue in the medium. Even if it did something, it's very, very shallow because trying to represent a race but with no significant real world context means nothing at all.

Not surprised other company's product fail Blizzard's internal development tools. Hell, OW failed miserably in my own diversity analysis because my race is not being portraited at all. How dare you Blizzard? I am not White and I don't live in US so they can keep guessing.

By the way, I am just glad that I can comment in issue like this here without getting band, by illogical reason and no chance to explain. I'd probably be banded as "dismissing the diversity issue" over on the other site.

Last edited:
Good for Nintendo and the Japanese companies leftover that don’t care about this crap. Just keep making the games and characters you want. I actually like diversity, but I’m beyond weary of this huge push for mandatory diversity and inclusion with Western companies. It’s phony and not genuine. They need to focus on making better games instead worrying things like this that do nothing to improve their offerings.

Last edited:

Brigandier

I voted other, I'm pretending other means absolutely fucking none of the above or any video game for that matter.

Keep politics and smurf looking woke fucks out of games.

Here's the whole thing if it hasn't been posted.

"You need to go back to the drawing board and the smurfs really should"
As a Swede I apologize for unleashing this upon the world.

Last edited:

Crayon

By the way, I am just glad that I can comment in issue like this here without getting band, by illogical reason and no chance to explain. I'd probably be banded as "dismissing the diversity issue" over on the other site.

The dismissing concerns bans are worrying. I'm glad people here can say how they feel without the shady bans.

On topic, I do want maximum diversity, but disengenous gestures like this "tool" are not helping.

dcx4610

I'd love to see the outrage that Street Fighter 2 would have caused in 2022. It's stereotype the video game but stereotypes are rooted in reality and unless you slurring someone because of it, it's all in good fun.

93xfan

Banned
Out of all the employees in game companies, these are the people trying to skew characters to their diversified liking.

Imagine transitioning from your college into the real world after years of working towards a Gender Studies degree to find out that this is all that’s left for you to do.

Games are fantasies.. Not trying to kink shame but most people don't fantasize about... let's say human's that are not unattainably beautiful.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'd love to see the outrage that Street Fighter 2 would have caused in 2022. It's stereotype the video game but stereotypes are rooted in reality and unless you slurring someone because of it, it's all in good fun.
I dont think there would be any outrage. A lot of the outrage comes from western studios and their own employees forcing it in their games in obvious ways as if the avg gamer cant tell.

I dont think Capcom gives a shit (or Japanese studios in general) about diversity quotas - whether it's employees hired or video game characters.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

You people still making fun of gender studies, but those wackos are the ones leading the entertainment industry. And with that, society conventions.
No, they are not, they are just the most vocal. That diversity tool is a token, meaningless initiative.

Have you seen modern game designers?
Have you noticed how all western games nowadays HAVE TO tick all the checkboxes?
Do you think he blizzard retardation tool is born out of nowhere?
It was probably born out of a KPI. Someone's bonus probably depended on delivering more diversity, and because KPIs have to have clear targets we end up with a diversity app... and they use that on another companies IP to prove how "Super green " their success was.. GET PAID

PeteBull

Not a pr0 meme, man, germans who killed ppl in gaschambers looked nothing alike- i visited Ausschwitz and whole camp has huge aura of suffering, torture and death.
Fk woke trash but just as much if not more fk killing ppl coz of their race like germans did to slavic ppl and to juves durning ww2.

One thing that is missing in the diversity tool is the need for 40% representation of Asians as per human population averages.

Part of the reason Asia as a whole laughs at Western diversity, is that Asians are always under-represented in those things. So we know it is all a lie to begin with.

Top Bottom