• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

They're definitely impressing me with the level design for the shrines.
Hopefully the multiple solutions to puzzles that they give you will never feel super generalized and simplistic like what was found in ALBW.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm guessing the Master Sword or perhaps the entire Hero's gear set is obtained by collecting the spirit orbs.

I'm thinking it might be the mirror shield. An item that can reflect the beams of a guardian seems like it would be a great reward for someone that takes the time to find and beat every shrine.

It's really starting to trouble me how similar all these dungeons look...

This really is becoming Zelder Scrolls huh?

These aren't dungeons though.

Kansoku

guys did you know that on the first time you collect an item a description will pop up but after that they wont appear anymore???!!!

NimbusD

I mean if there's 4 dungeons with a world this large, they must be pretty fucking large/difficult dungeons. Or take multiple times entering to complete or something. Doesn't make sense.

1 hour of playing till you get to the first dungeon they've said.

then what? tops you play like 3-4 hours in between dungeons? Maybe a bit more if you're doing side quests and exploring. With how big the game is 17 hours (4 hours in between, 1 hour up top, 1 hour per dungeon) doesn't sound right.

I dunno I'm being liek super conservative with times, but even if you beef up that number, doesnt sound right unless the dungeons are being done in a way that we're not used to.

Not going to happen. I wish. They could just have a 1 hour timer, and 2 uses before it deletes itself, but nope.

Based from all the talk of the demo, more than likely the area in the demo is not cut off from the rest of them game. Nintendo is probably scared someone will find a way to explore the rest of the game.

Aselith

It's really starting to trouble me how similar all these dungeons look...

This really is becoming Zelder Scrolls huh?

It could be that the dungeons are themed based on area. they are just showing off one area of the map, right? (I can't watch the stream)

Moaradin

These shrines seem pretty cool and have a good variety of puzzles. If this is just a shrine, I'm really looking forward to the actual dungeons.

Wow this is a pretty long thing for a shrine that there are apparently 100+ of in the game. If the little mini dungeons are this big then I can only imagine how epic the actual dungeons must be in this game.

Ashodin

Just get fire from the nearby brazier for Fire Arrows WTF AMAZING. These little touches you've wondered "WHY CANT I JUST" they thought of that!

Mr. F

Banned
I hope they add more...weightiness to the physics. Everything kind of ping-pongs around regardless of how big or small it is. Kind of jarring lol.

co1onel

This shrine is huge. I hope there's a lot of them of this size. I also hope the visual style gets changed up in some of them. I was worried when I first heard about the 100+ shrines that they would be quick and pointless, but these are legit. I can't believe there's actually going to be over 100 of these.

Crayolan

I mean if there's 4 dungeons with a world this large, they must be pretty fucking large/difficult dungeons. Or take multiple times entering to complete or something. Doesn't make sense.

1 hour of playing till you get to the first dungeon they've said.

then what? tops you play like 3-4 hours in between dungeons? Maybe a bit more if you're doing side quests and exploring. With how big the game is 17 hours (4 hours in between, 1 hour up top, 1 hour per dungeon) doesn't sound right.

I dunno I'm being liek super conservative with times, but even if you beef up that number, doesnt sound right unless the dungeons are being done in a way that we're not used to.

Don't see why the majority of the content can't be optional. Nothing wrong with having 100 hours of stuff to do but only 20 required to reach the credits.

Top Bottom