• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

Formless

does the wii u pro controller have a gyro sensor in it? they said the game was playable with that :/

either way I can see a regular controller with a gyro control sensor in it, similar to DS4

Pretty sure there's just gonna be a control stick prompt in that case.

ASIS

I gotta say, my fears about the level design are slowly dissipating. This is no ALBW, AKA baby's first Zelda dungeon.
The puzzles look great; I think I'm warming up to these shrines and the game in general.

Yeah me too. This shrine in particular, I said wow like 3 times.

Every single one of my concerns with this game have been shut down and I couldn't be happier. That shrine was great and everything about this game looks great so far. I can't wait to learn more about the premise of the game.

jackal27

Banned
Why not? These puzzles are why I play zelda.

Same! But I just cannot picture a universe where 100+ puzzle shrines don't begin to become repetitive or feel too similar.

It's the same as Skyrim saying it has 100+ dungeons. Well, sure, but how many of those are just populated by the same zombie dudes and overall don't different from each other all that much?

(mat)

I don't know if this has come up, but is this the first Zelda game where you won't be able to name your character? The voice says "Link" in the trailer, so I imagine you're always Link.

Brinbe

fantastic output from Nintendo and the treehouse gang for all the great Zelda coverage. Really did a great job of selling the game without giving anything away. Easily the game of the show.

Too bad there really wasn't much else from them aside from Pokemon.

Firemind

Why not? The dungeons/these puzzles are why I play zelda.
Eh I'd also wager exploration and atmosphere are as part of Zelda as puzzles. These shrines do have a bit of a generic scifi look. I really want to know if the game has a Shadow Temple that can rival the one in OoT.

NimbusD

Don't see why the majority of the content can't be optional. Nothing wrong with having 100 hours of stuff to do but only 20 required to reach the credits.

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure I'll be happy either way. but it just seems weird to make the main game so small if the goal was to make the world huge and explorable.

PKrockin

I was apprehensive coming into this stream but the game looks amazing. A variety of traversal mechanics (snowboarding paragliding hype), runes that are fun and useful outside the dungeon they're found in, all sorts of ways to interact with the environment, level design looking good judging by the shrines they showed off... I'm very sold.

Revven

Eh I'd also wager exploration and atmosphere are as part of Zelda as puzzles. These shrines do have a bit of a generic scifi look. I really want to know if the game has a Shadow Temple that can rival the one in OoT.

It probably will but it won't be a shrine, I'm betting. It would be an actual full fledged dungeon that would meet your atmospheric needs.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Same! But I just cannot picture a universe where 100+ puzzle shrines don't begin to become repetitive or feel too similar.

It's the same as Skyrim saying it has 100+ dungeons. Well, sure, but how many of those are just populated by the same zombie dudes and overall don't different from each other all that much?

You don't have to do them. There are regular dungeons too.

Think of them as Mario levels where they get to strut their stuff without being hampered by any standard conventions, where they get to play around with a certain mechanic, where they may set specific limits for success or push the difficulty to ridiculous levels.

That sounds pretty cool to me.

Nanashrew

Banned
Lots of people were worried about being spoiled on so much Zelda and it's amazing we barely scratched the surface of what all can be done or seen. We stayed on the main plateau and there was a lot to discover and talk about. Kinda crazy thinking about it.

krossj

Aboard the hype now. The last shrine looked very traditional Zelda puzzle and has me really excited to seeing some full dungeon gameplay.

iMkh

Neo Member
Well, that was fucking amazing. This game must be filled with so much content seeing this super long livestream, just incredible. I was definitely not ready for this, especially with the physics of the game. Game of the show for sure. So hyped now!

Galang

Banned
People complaining about the shrines are weird. There was so much to do in the last one. A lot of the puzzles in past Zelda dungeons felt like annoying filler when strung together. I hope this will allow for much tighter BIG dungeon designs overall. It's a much better approach than Skyward Sword's overworld puzzles too. I think this is the perfect compromised solution and I like that there seems to be multiple ways to solve them.

Kouriozan

Tz7XxqU.gif

Dude, that's so cool.

I'm not sold yet on the art direction for the shrines. All of the outdoor areas looks fantastic, with a clear inspiration from Miyazaki films. But the dungeons feel much more like traditional 3D Zelda design, and that's not quite working for me.

Top Bottom