• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

Alebrije

I mean if there's 4 dungeons with a world this large, they must be pretty fucking large/difficult dungeons. Or take multiple times entering to complete or something. Doesn't make sense.

It that is the case just hope they have shortcuts like Demons games , once you complete one area you can return to key areas with elevators , caves , transportation devices , etc.

Schnozberry

Not the Master Sword. Turning that into a Collect 100 items quest would be a disaster.

Could be the Hero's green garb though, or that cool suit of armour, assuming that doesn't have a role in the plot.

It seems like there are powerful items found out in the game world. Certain items might end up being dungeon rewards, but I could see some of the Hylian Gear being obtained by turning in X number of Orbs.

Revven

The design of the shrines reminds me a lot of the... smaller areas in the Desert area in Skyward Sword. Those had small puzzles you had to solve to reach the end of the room to turn a dial to unlock the next dungeon. And they had similar aesthetics (but obviously a lighter color).

Except obviously these are getting more and more complex.

jackal27

Banned
I am still very excited for this game, but I'm getting super nervous about these western, open-world influences.

I don't find those games very tightly or intentionally designed and that is like the ONE thing I expect from my Zelda games.

Nanashrew

Banned
Stasis locks are going to be so fun for me just to see how fast or how high i can make something go.

Also this dungeon is so great and it's only a mini-dungeon/shrine.

PKrockin

These shrines are looking good actually.

Don't see why the majority of the content can't be optional. Nothing wrong with having 100 hours of stuff to do but only 20 required to reach the credits.
We just got done complaining about all the stuff in Skyward Sword that was mandatory that people would have preferred being optional, like tadtones, silent realms, and such.

Soroc

What are the rewards for completing these shrines again?

Soul Orbs I think. Which are then traded in for items I think. I think one of the presenters said the first 4 shrines would be used to trade 4 soul orb/gem thing for the paraglider. Looks like you can possibly do these in any order you stumble upon them.

Just started watching the stream and there were some enemies that they would just stay in place and even not shoot at link. Another one was just"trapped" around the corner of a wall even though link was clearly visible and shooting at it with his bow so... terrible AI. Hope that's something they're working on A LOT.

I'm sorry but i just don't have the patience to deal with games that still do stuff like that. I know they are different games but you see how far games have come with examples like horizont and it's just difficult for me to "go back" to games that seems like they have not learned all the lessons these past generations have taught us.

Game looks beautiful art wise and some things are cool but, yeah, very underwhelming so far for me.

iMkh

Neo Member
Damn I'm really trying to not get myself too excited, but I genuinely feels like this game can be as groundbreaking as OoT was at its time...

I gotta say, my fears about the level design are slowly dissipating. This is no ALBW, AKA baby's first Zelda dungeon.
The puzzles look great; I think I'm warming up to these shrines and the game in general.

Pandy

It seems like there are powerful items found out in the game world. Certain items might end up being dungeon rewards, but I could see some of the Hylian Gear being obtained by turning in X number of Orbs.

Nah, that'll be the reward for the actual dungeons...

... I could be wrong, but then what are we getting out of dungeons, just plot progression?

EDIT: The collect 100 reward reminds me of Skulltulas, or something, where you get cool bonuses, but nothing central to completing the game. Only the Shrines that give you abilities will be mandatory, and even then it seems you might be able to struggle through large portions of the game without them by employing different tactics.

Top Bottom