• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

aeolustl

Just started watching the stream and there were some enemies that they would just stay in place and even not shoot at link. Another one was just"trapped" around the corner of a wall even though link was clearly visible and shooting at it with his bow so... terrible AI. Hope that's something they're working on A LOT.

I think they are suppose to be stupid, seems implied by the treehouse people.

jackal27

Banned
You don't have to do them. There are regular dungeons too.

Think of them as Mario levels where they get to strut their stuff without being hampered by any standard conventions, where they get to play around with a certain mechanic, where they may set specific limits for success or push the difficulty to ridiculous levels.

That sounds pretty cool to me.

Yeah, that's more of what I'm hoping for. I've just been burned by so many open-world games that tend to focus more on scope than design. Hoping and praying that's not the case here.

Pandy

Now I should study haha.
This has been awesome, best way to reveal such a game :D

Was essentially blown away from start to finish. Sure I could go back through that stream and trim some fat, but most of the fat was just there to show how seamless it all was.

ASIS

Game of the Show.

Game of the Year.

Good GOD THIS GAME.

The Legend of Zelda: Goat.

That's the real title of this game.

I have to be honest, there are a lot of things I did not like. But this is one of those "better than the sum of its parts". I really want to play it now, especially after that last shrine, my god that one was simply outstanding.

Firemind

It probably will but it won't be a shrine, I'm betting. It would be an actual full fledged dungeon that would meet your atmospheric needs.
What I'm saying is these mini dungeons all have the same aesthetic. What I would have liked are mini dungeons with different aesthetics that are naturally a part of the world, say, Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, Gerudo Training Grounds.

Of course it would be plain impossible to implement with 100 mini dungeons but still.

Pandy

but most of the time was wasting on going nowhere and jumping from savefiles and showing the basics

RinRxNo.gif

the treehouse format did not work for me and wish they went with a Nintendo direct instead. I also wish I could be as hyped as the rest of people here.

Kinsei

Banned
I still can't get over those last two shrines. How could thy have possibly created such a massive open world and still have created these amazing puzzles? It's seriously amazing.

AdanVC

I still can't get over those last two shrines. How could thy have possibly created such a massive open world and still have created these amazing puzzles? It's seriously amazing.

And to think that there's 100 of them plus who the heck knows what else on the main dungeons! This game is magic already.

Pandy

What I'm saying is these mini dungeons all have the same aesthetic. What I would have liked are mini dungeons with different aesthetics that are naturally a part of the world, say, Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, Gerudo Training Grounds.

Of course it would be plain impossible to implement with 100 mini dungeons but still.

The tech theme might vary as you progress, or something, but they are essentially challenge rooms away from the main game, as opposed to part of the surrounding environment. In fact it seems like the tech stuff is deliberately alien to the surrounding environments, and I'm sure that'll be explained in the game.

I get what you are saying, but I think I can see why it's the way it is.

If it is just 4 main dungeons, I'd be amazed if they aren't massive and completely different graphically/thematically from each other.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I really enjoyed what I saw today. I bailed out at some point because it felt like I saw too much, but I followed the reactions here and on twitter and checked back some interesting moments, like that one gif several pages back. It's pretty much everything that I wanted from a new Zelda (maybe except a playable female character) and sometimes even more than I hoped. The open world design reminds me a lot of Xenoblade X, including the traversal possibilities (except skells, of course) and that's a great thing in my opinion. I like the art direction, I like the theme, I like the combat, the animation, the freedom.

There's not much else to say other than I can't wait for the next 9 months to pass to get to play this game.

-MB-

Based from all the talk of the demo, more than likely the area in the demo is not cut off from the rest of them game. Nintendo is probably scared someone will find a way to explore the rest of the game.

And they be right, because WiiU is hacked, it will take no time to run the demo, and find cheats to disable said timer, or if they add invisible barriers at the edges of the plateau, disable those.

jonjonaug

I cant believe they had 5+ hours of content to show

For just the first area of the game + a little extra from later on. And they didn't even cover the entire area, just a part of it.

With all the other cinematic trailers and scripted demos going on at E3, this was a huge standout achievement.

Alebrije

Iam glad Nintendo kept its promise to release the game on WiiU , this shows respect for userbase and game looks very good ,but being honest this game deserves a NX purchase. My WiiU will have Xenoblade my NX the improved Zelda.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm amused that Nintendo has dominated the first day wih treehouse in a year where they don't really have anything.

Their plan worked.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
On the graphics front, I would personally give them a lot of slack considering that this is on Wii U hardware and the world is approaching or exceeding XCX scale.

I personally think it looks gorgeous, (easily my favourite Zelda artstyle thus far) but of course that's subjective.

Top Bottom