• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obi-Wan Kenobi |OT| Hello there…

RAÏSanÏa

Enjoyed overall.

This ObiWan acts older and more feeble than Alec. Depression is a bitch.

That inquisitor with lightsaber drawn running and shouting "your can't run!" as he flies away is hilarious. Just after saying to the fellow inquistor she killed "Do you think I'd let you take all the credit?" Lol. all the credit for Obiwan getting away. Of course Vader will kill her as soon as he finds out what happened.

Owen showing some strong character. Easy to imagine from the look on his face him contemplating circumstances of what a fair fight would be, and maybe an unfair one(in his favour), and weighing it out.

Edit:Vader might let her live for drawing Obiwan out. A reward.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
lBB5zL1.jpg

Enjoyed overall.

That inquisitor with lightsaber drawn running and shouting "your can't run!" as he flies away is hilarious. Just after saying to the fellow inquistor she killed "Do you think I'd let you take all the credit?" Lol. all the credit for Obiwan getting away. Of course Vader will kill her as soon as he finds out what happened.

Owen showing some strong character. Easy to imagine from the look on his face him contemplating circumstances of what a fair fight would be, and maybe an unfair one(in his favour), and weighing it out.

I loved it. Huge fan of the Prequel Trilogy and The Clone Wars

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So the Grand Inquisitor is done in by a lightsaber by the other sister in a mere couple of seconds because of course.

Everything up to that part seemed okay but now we have to pull this crap. I could go on it's because it's woke but even if it were a white malr Inquisit.
Kos would still be fucking cringe.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Oh no the
Code:
Grand Inquisitor was already killed by one of his sisters. This is the grand Inquisitor and just in a mirror couple of seconds he's done in.
That seems to go against SW Rebels which is canon, perhaps he's just injured? :goog_unsure:

Surely the showrunners are fully aware and have reverence for the SW lore, right? :goog_unsure: :goog_unsure:

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

That seems to go against SW Rebels which is canon, perhaps he's just injured? :goog_unsure:

Surely the showrunners are fully aware and respect the SW lore, right? :goog_unsure: :goog_unsure:
Sorry. I am half asleep and I hit the wrong button to spoiler text me text. I went back and edited it and fixed it.

Darkmakaimura

A kind of wish Disney plus had an audience thing where you and a friend are a couple other people can watch the movie together

Darkmakaimura

Surely the showrunners are fully aware and have reverence for the SW lore, right? :goog_unsure: :goog_unsure:
Oh no you mean he is supposed to still be alive. I hope so because I like his bald head and hat he wears and he's got a nice voice.

Plus he's the Gand Inquisitor but here we go she's taken up on her own and not falling anyone's orders.

It looks like portions of those leaks seem to be correct and that's not good.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Oh no you mean he is supposed to still be alive. I hope so because I like his bald head and hat he wears and he's got a nice voice.

Plus he's the Gand Inquisitor but here we go she's taken up on her own and not falling anyone's orders.

It looks like portions of those leaks seem to be correct and that's not good.
Yeah, the Grand Inquisitor gets killed in Rebels.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Overall i liked it, but....

1. Bad dudes chasing leia in the woods was laughably bad.

2. Only 4 episodes left, i feel these first two were slow for the most part...need to pick up the pace

3. Inquisitor leader dying so fast in ep 2 was disappointing, i thought he was cool.

NickFire

Enjoyed overall.

I think Vader will let her live both for drawing him out and because of the way she conducts herself. She is unrelenting and tunnel focused on her prey. That is basically Vader at this stage of his story arc. Vader will find her very useful.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Enjoyed it, not much light saber action for Obi-Wan though.
And the girl is supposed to 10 but looks 5-6 🤣

pramod

Banned
This show has the same problem i have with most of Disney Star Wars. It seems written for 8 yr olds.

And the universe seems soooo tiny in Disney SW.

Where Tatooine is the center of the universe.

And every planet only has one city where everyone is and where everything happens and you can find a random girl just by asking a random stranger "wheres the girl"?

Last edited:

Billbofet

I got as far as the chase through the woods with Flea and Princess Leia. That was enough for me.
The third sister's acting is also hard to look past. So bad. It mentions her obsession with Obi-Wan and chasing him for over ten years....what is she, like 26 years old maybe. Ugh.

Glad others are enjoying though. I think I'm just done with SW since this seemed like homework for me.

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
I got as far as the chase through the woods with Flea and Princess Leia. That was enough for me.
The third sister's acting is also hard to look past. So bad. It mentions her obsession with Obi-Wan and chasing him for over ten years....what is she, like 26 years old maybe. Ugh.

Glad others are enjoying though. I think I'm just done with SW since this seemed like homework for me.
Same. I've no interest in this franchise any more. I'd argue that what Disney is making isn't really star wars and is no better than fan fiction.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Good first two episodes. Only low point is that Third Sister who's acting is horrendous and I don't really care about her.
The backdrops of each planet is still great and it has that fun old Star Wars campiness to it.

Roufianos

I fucking loved it, didn't expect such a mixed response. Huge negativity on ResetEra but they're prone to misery anyway.

Low points: 3rd sister, Leia chase, Grand Inquisitor's fake-out death, some of the Volume compositing and cinematography (though it feels like this could've been a choice to aesthetically connect with the prequels).

Everything else I'm pretty pleased with. Cautiously optimistic about what's next.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Overall I enjoyed it a lot. Miles better than the most recent triology.

Fragile Obi Wan is OK for now, because I'm expecting him to pick up his pace in further episodes. The actress that plays
leia
is also a nice surprise, considering her age.

Can cope with Reva but the way she
killed the grand inquisitor was just too easy and lame.

The ending of episode 2 was fire. Can't wait for the next episode.

Last edited:

Xenon

Help me Obi Wan, you're this series only hope.

Right now McGregor is carrying the series on his back. Hopefully they subvert my expectations and keep his character the star of his own show.

Last edited:

The_hunter

:pie_roffles:🤣😂🤣🤣🤣 a 8 year old outrunning 3 adults, are you for real, I can't stop laughing.

I'm probably dropping this, couldnt make it past the second half of the first episode.

Last edited:

Nydius

What’s the title of the show?
After The Book of Boba Fett spent almost three full episodes (out of seven!) dealing with everyone other than Boba Fett, I don't think the show's title means much anymore. At least not when it comes to Disney's Star Wars output.

ManaByte

After The Book of Boba Fett spent almost three full episodes (out of seven!) dealing with everyone other than Boba Fett, I don't think the show's title means much anymore. At least not when it comes to Disney's Star Wars output.
That show was done by different writers and directors for each episode. This is one long movie broken into six parts with the same director and writer for each.

Top Bottom