• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Halo Infinite MP is Free-to-Play and will support 120FPS

noise36

People are forgetting that you can buy 120mhz monitors reletively cheaply that you can plug a console into , no need for 4k120 top of the range TVs

Blond

Banned
Honestly why even bother with the single player at this point? Are they just banking on Gamepass? Because so many people just saved 60 bucks because they're going to jump right into multiplayer.

stickkidsam

Gold Member
Bruh

wake-me-up-halo.gif

Schmick

He asked and I answered.

Enjoy every game being gaas/f2p.
Well thats not the case is it.... Fable, Avowed, Medium, Scorn...

Besides 1st person story driven games is not the be-all and end-all of gaming, why everyone wants MS to copy Sony in this this category is beyond me. If thats what you want then get a PS, thats what i did. And i got a Xbox for my MP itch too.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
Well thats not the case is it.... Fable, Avowed, Medium, Scorn...

Besides 1st person story driven games is not the be-all and end-all of gaming, why everyone wants MS to copy Sony in this this category is beyond me. If that what you then get a PS, thats what i did. And i got a Xbox for my MP itch too.
We'll see.

Arthimura

Honestly, i don't like GaaS and f2p games.

To have a dedicated team creating content, they have to make money somehow, usually using Battle Passes, cosmetics, etc; to either forcing you to play an unhealthy amount of the game, or to pay to do current content an/or differentiate yourself from others.

I stopped playing Destiny 2 because there's an unholy amount of grind required to unlock the good weapons, new content was rarely relevant to the story and you had to play every day to keep up with others and to be able to do current content.

I just want to pay $60 for games, enjoy a good single player experience and then enjoy the multiplayer without bullshit added in it.

Last edited:

Fbh

Cool I guess, will definitely ensure a big online community at least early on.

I imagine this means it will be full of cosmetic microtransaction, I just hope they sort of keep them "in universe" as far as design goes

Klayzer

Gold Member

To have a dedicated team creating content, they have to make money somehow, usually using Battle Passes, cosmetics, etc; to either forcing you to play an unhealthy amount of the game, or to pay to do current content an/or differentiate yourself from others.

I stopped playing Destiny 2 because there's an unholy amount of grind required to unlock the good weapons, new content was rarely relevant to the story and you had to play every day to keep up with others and to be able to do current content.

I just want to pay $60 for games, enjoy a good single player experience and then enjoy the multiplayer without bullshit added in it.
That's my take on it also. The market is crowded with F2P stuff everywhere. Plus, I dont like having one game in a franchise supported for x number of years. I like new installments to my favorite series every 3-5 years.

Apocryphon

For the hordes of people that own 120hz display? Ok...

No Battle Royale then? That feels like a wasted opportunity given the size of the world and the abundance of vehicles and weapons they have already in place.

I don’t like GAAS or F2P, but this is probably great for people who like those types of games IF handled correctly. Microtransactions, grinding, overpriced DLC, etc is literally a guarantee, but we’ll see how this comes out.

Last edited:
That's my take on it also. The market is crowded with F2P stuff everywhere. Plus, I dont like having one game in a franchise supported for x number of years. I like new installments to my favorite series every 3-5 years.

That’s exactly how I feel. I don’t like having to play the same game with a few extras added here and there for years and years. That’s one big issue I have with fighting games.

DavidGzz

For the hordes of people that own 120hz display? Ok...

No Battle Royale then? That feels like a wasted opportunity given the size of the world and the abundance of vehicles and weapons they have already in place.

Plenty do and more and more will as the gen progresses. As far as BR, have they even shown or spoken what the multiplayer will be like? Nope.

JimiNutz

Banned
120fps does seem like a waste, especially when your game currently looks like my asshole after an extra big portion of nuts and no shaving of the crack in over six months.

Maybe keep it 60fps and make Craig beautiful again?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
GaaS is mostly terrible, very few good games came out of it.

F2P multiplayer games on PC are always destroyed by hackers as well, no good.

You get what you pay for.

Mostly?
If you are talking sheer numbers then sure....the same could be said videogames in general are mostly terrible....more bad games come out per month than actually good ones....but thats a terrible generalization.

And to put things into perspective for you just so you understand how silly a generalization it actually is.
The top most played games this year are all GaaS games.

Heres is a small snippet of the "mostly terrible" GaaS games being played:

Fortnite
Call of Duty MW/Warzone
Grand Theft Auto Online
Rainbow Six Siege
Apex Legends
Read Dead Online
Destiny 2
Sea of Thieves
Rocket League
For Honor
Smite
Dota 2
Pubg
Gears 5
Warframe
Battlefield

Hmm I wonder what games you are actually playing then???

And if its just single player games......then why does Halos Multiplayer being free and GaaS bother you so?

P.S Every MP game on PC will have some cheaters....in recent history I think COD and Pubg have suffered the most but otherwise most of the games on my list while still having cheaters havent been "destroyed" by them.
If the games were destroyed people wouldnt be playing them.

DavidGzz

120fps does seem like a waste, especially when your game currently looks like my asshole after an extra big portion of nuts and no shaving of the crack in over six months.

Maybe keep it 60fps and make Craig beautiful again?

No nuts, it will be extra creamy. Smoove as fuck.

Freeman

Banned
Mostly?
If you are talking sheer numbers then sure....the same could be said videogames in general are mostly terrible....more bad games come out per month than actually good ones....but thats a terrible generalization.

And to put things into perspective for you just so you understand how silly a generalization it actually is.
The top most played games this year are all GaaS games.

Heres is a small snippet of the "mostly terrible" GaaS games being played:

Fortnite
Call of Duty MW/Warzone
Grand Theft Auto Online
Rainbow Six Siege
Apex Legends
Read Dead Online
Destiny 2
Sea of Thieves
Rocket League
For Honor
Smite
Dota 2
Pubg
Gears 5
Warframe
Battlefield

Hmm I wonder what games you are actually playing then???

And if its just single player games......then why does Halos Multiplayer being free and GaaS bother you so?

P.S Every MP game on PC will have some cheaters....in recent history I think COD and Pubg have suffered the most but otherwise most of the games on my list while still having cheaters havent been "destroyed" by them.
If the games were destroyed people wouldnt be playing them.
That list, ew.

Kanton

Thats huge... so happy that they understand the importance of 120fps. Its not a big selling point commercially but fucking awesome for the enthusiast.

Black_Stride

So you want to keep playing the same game "forever" without it getting any new content?

Because if the devs support the game with new content by definition it becomes a service, whether they charge you for the service or not the ongoing support is the service.

What games do you guys play or rather want to play which never gets content updates?
MP on the same maps with same shit will eventually get stale and the community will die if there is nothing new to look forward to.

Like legit tell me what MP games you are currently playing?

About pc cheaters, its not like you cannot flip the switch on "allow crossplay" to "off".

Such a non-issue for xbox it wasnt even worth my time typing this message.

You want cheat-free halo? Buy the freakin' console

Black_Stride

That list, ew.

You should have said you dont like multiplayer games, that would have made life so much easier for me.
I figured since you had a TLOU2 Avatar you were looking forward to the Factions update.....which by the way immedieatly makes TLOU2 a GaaS game......but you simply dont like multiplayer games.
It makes sense.

Which begs the question.....why are you here?

If you only want Singleplayer one run games that never get content updates go for it, this is a multiplayer thread.

Freeman

Banned
You should have said you dont like multiplayer games, that would have made life so much easier for me.
I figured since you had a TLOU2 Avatar you were looking forward to the Factions update.....which by the way immedieatly makes TLOU2 a GaaS game......but you simply dont like multiplayer games.
It makes sense.

Which begs the question.....why are you here?

If you only want Singleplayer one run games that never get content updates go for it, this is a multiplayer thread.
TLOUII Factions coming in hot with that Free to Play model. Don't set yourself up. A gentleman's advice. There is a time for everything.
Going by that list even the ones I liked I feel like they are worse game due to being GaaS. Some game even if they start being good games end up ruined by this model.

I miss the days you paid for the game and played, that's it, you played it because it was good not because it was ever chaning, not because of unlocks and new content.

I don't hate multiplayer games, seems like I'm the one that likes them, since I don't need constant updates, cosmetics, xp, coins and all this bullshit to play them. I hope ND is able to avoid the traps of the GaaS model since the core gameplay is already so good.

At least I don't like Halo, so good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom