• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Starfield and Redfall delayed to 2023

Umbasaborne

Banned

trollface.jpg

Microsofts whole gaming division rn:

portrait-screaming-clown-isolated-on-260nw-245725456.jpg

Rykan

This just goes to show once more that Videogames are announced way too early.

Starfield was announced in 2018. It will eventually come out nearly 5 years later. There's absolutely no reason to announce a game that early when you have no idea when the game is coming out.

Man 2022 seems very barebones on Microsoft's side. I assume Microsoft will try to make a 3rd party game exclusive this holiday season. What else is scheduled this year? I guess we will get an idea in June.

anthony2690

Gold Member
Unbelievable, they dangled that carrot in front of people to get those subs promising AAA games day one and the console will be more than two years old with very little to show in that department.

Xbox fans were hyping this game so much that I knew it wasn't gonna go right.
I mean why would you sub 6+ months prior to release, if you're subbing just for that game?

Surely they wouldn't mention the delay till a month prior to release if it was a ploy for subs.

& The only people I see hyping it up is console warriors on twitter (I am low-key happy it blew up in their face, whilst Xbox is my preference, I can't stand how these Twitter users show up in my feed, due to following gaming & Xbox) and genuine Bethesda fans who truly believed it would be gameplay then release six months later or whatever like fallout 4. (Who I do feel sorry for, as they genuinely believed)

Matsuchezz

Those games were going to be shown like Halo Infinite looking like ass. But now they did the right thing and delayed them. I think it was the right call.

Doom and gloom? Do you expect sunshine and rainbows? MS has 1 job, supply a steady stream of quality games for the people who spend hundreds of £€$ for their hardware and in their ecosystem.

If anything warrants doom and gloom, it’s this news.

This is really fecking appealing and Forza Motorsport, even if it does actually launch this year, is nowhere near good enough.

Damn right, sick of people making excuses for them.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
FmrYgKg.jpg

Yep. A lot of people got triggered with the idea of a delay (swearing that Bethesda 'Is built different'). But if you look at the industry overall...delays have become the norm. And Bethesda is not this magic unicorn 🦄 immune to the pressures and difficulties of AAA development.
I think this is the real lesson here, no one is immune to delays. The very same could happen to GOW.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Then wtf announce that date? Same with Redfall for fucks sake
The management announced that date, despite reservations by developers, because they wanted to keep the console sales going.

Imagine if they announced 2023 for both Redfall and Starfield. People who bought an Xbox in 2022 to play Starfield this fall wouldn't have bought it. It's dirty, but that's how businesses usually do.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
A gift to the Xbox haters.

MS needs to stop buying any more studios and sort this crap out, All these new studios being part of the Xbox brand and so far only Forza Horizon 5 and Psychonauts 2 to show for it all nearly 2 years into Series console’s life This is just such bad PR on almost every level…

One can only hope the likes of Forza and Hellblade 2 will be ready to go this year, or the PS fans will have a field day on social media, even more than they are today. Still it could be worse, one could be a Nintendo fan
Austin Powers Reaction GIF

Don't worry. You'll get your lol's in when GOW is delayed.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I had no idea Starfield was even supposed to come out this year. I thought it was years away based on the fact that all we've seen are a few screenshots. I was expecting 2025 or so.

tommib

Put my Series X up for sale this morning, already sold my PS5. This gen has been the biggest limp dick gen yet. I will buy back in in a year or two when things start to pick up.
I know we’re all different and have valid opinions but I have to say this has been my favourite generation so far. I play Elden Ring and GT7 daily on my PS5 and it’s glorious. Not to mention Returnal which has quickly become one my favourite games ever. There are so many good games to play and they all run like butter on these consoles. Deathloop, Sifu, Psychonauts 2, I mean come on. I don’t get the drama.

Even Cyberpunk runs great on these consoles. The amount of excellent experiences is there.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Well, that sucks, I was all pumped for this in November. Typically Bethesda is good with release date announcements. MS better hope Forza is ready, without that it's hard to see anything on the radar that they've got. Yikes.

Last edited:
It's like Sony and Microsoft are tripping over each other trying to lose this console cycle. No good games or no systems, take your pick.

Last edited:

geary

That's unfortunately, but not unexpected. How many games were postponed this year? Stalker 2, Suicide Squad, Gotham Knights, Hogwarts, Starfield, Redfall, BoTW 2 and i still think i missed some. Every dev out there seems to have struggles with games in dev during the pandemic.

MikeM

I became concerned since as of today they haven’t shown any real gameplay yet. That right there is a massive red flag.

Good move but definitely hurts MS’ delivery on quality exclusives. Is there anything else from them for holiday 2022?

Both HFW and GT 7 released with numerous issues and did not live up to expectations, let's be real. But sure Elden Ring was good and big, I'll give 2022 that. But I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy was already announced to be pushed to 2023
Damn, too bad you got both HFW and GT7 and didn't like either. It happens, I like them and they were pretty successful apparently, hard to please everyone.

Oh, I think you are wrong about FFXVI, it wasn't pushed back to 2023 (yet).

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

I became concerned since as of today they haven’t shown any real gameplay yet. That right there is a massive red flag.

Good move but definitely hurts MS’ delivery on quality exclusives. Is there anything else from them for holiday 2022?
Only forza glad I'm getting gamepass for free for 12 months through my isp.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
They better show some gameplay on June the 12th now! Make it up for the delay.

i hope you're not joking (with that jack frost avatar). i'm hyped for soul hackers 2.
No joke my man. It's my most wanted game right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom