• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Starfield and Redfall delayed to 2023

Chukhopops

Man that hurts but if it’s not ready it’s not ready. 2022 is gonna be dire as fuck aside from Elden Ring, Xenoblade and maybe the Mario Ubisoft game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Called it:
iu

Kssio_Aug

Frederator Studios No GIF by Cartoon Hangover

Well... I was somewhat expecting it. But not so much since they were hyping a trailer for June, so I thought they were more certain of the release date. That sucks... luckily for me, I still have plenty to play.

Remember when people said 2022 was going to be a stacked year for gaming?
Elden Ring, GT7, Horizon FW, so far so good. Maybe FFXVI and GoW Ragnarok if they don't get delayed as well. I could see Forspoken being good too, I think people are counting it out too soon.

BoTW2 got delayed but the Switch have other upcoming games as well.

PSVR2 is probably not making it to 2022 but it hasn't been ruled out I think.

It probably won't be looked back as a stacked year but you never know until the games release. Elden Ring was a much bigger deal that anyone could predict.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Cyberpunk changed the landscape for big RPG releases, Bethesda can't afford to do their usual launches full of bugs and performance issues otherwise the backlash would be huge and with a new IP they can't afford it.
They need more time, it's better this way.

It's ironic though that so many people pretended this wasn't even a possibility while at the same time they were concerned about other games being delayed.
Agreed. Just release me a good product that doesn't have to go through a year and a half of bug fixes.

Jaybe

All these should they or should they not delay questions miss the mark. Game companies need to stop with announcing release dates if they are not 100% confident in hitting them. Why does every release need to come in hot all the time. Finish the game. Or at least to the point you know there is 1 to 2 months of polishing left, and announce it for release 3 months prior.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Here we go, incoming doom and gloom posts and threads.

Doom and gloom? Do you expect sunshine and rainbows? MS has 1 job, supply a steady stream of quality games for the people who spend hundreds of £€$ for their hardware and in their ecosystem.

If anything warrants doom and gloom, it’s this news.

This is really fecking appalling and Forza Motorsport, even if it does actually launch this year, is nowhere near good enough.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Not saying they will remove all the bugs, it's a Bethesda game after all but it will be better.

Yeah, its their signature mark. I bet the delay have to do with the game be at least playable, bugs and glitches are very low priority.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's video game companies for ya. Aside from annualized games like COD and sports which are either on time or might get delayed a week or two tops, just about every other decently budgeted game can get delayed anywhere from zero delay to a year or more.

100% guaranteed most of these delays ar3ent actually delays, but simply false release dates to drum up hype and investment. I remember one article saying smaller game studios got to PR their BS to the masses in order for investors to take notice and partner with them with money. Knowing full well the game isn't close to being finished on time.

Companies like Bethesda is different as they are big and not the type needing hedge fund dollars. But that's gaming for ya. Bullshots half the time and delays too.

Funny how you never get a game released early where the studio works wonders and launches early.

Top Bottom