• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parris Lilly - "I had multiple people at Xbox tell me there was so much more they could have shown and Gamescom is shaping up to be a big show too"

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Keep Talking Mixed Martial Arts GIF by UFC

Ozriel

M$FT
Parris is one of the worst shills. Not ColtEastwood level bad, but annoying as fuck.

So you're saying he's wrong and there's nothing left in the pipeline?

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

He will tell you anything from Xbox is good.

Yeah, he's literally the only person in the gaming press that came away from the showcase very impressed 🤡

Last edited:

Akuji

Coalition showed gears
Id software showed doom
Playground games showed fable

Their best Studios all showed something.
There cant be that much more unless were talking 2026+

clarky

Gold Member
I mean the show was great and no doubt they have more stuff to show but what did we expect? They bought 2 of the biggest publishers in the business.

Its hardly impressive, some of the games do look good but we would have got most of these games anyway without good old Fatty Phil sticking his fingers in everyone else's pies.

I'm not. If there's one thing the internet has proven, it's that it's got a very short term memory and extremely fickle.

10 years of constant fuck ups including a full year of recent fumbles forgotten because of a good showcase. We do this almost every other year.

Yea I thought the show case was great but I didn't forget who MS is. I want to see how good the games are when they come out not how good MS can make them look in a showcase.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
I'm not. If there's one thing the internet has proven, it's that it's got a very short term memory and extremely fickle.

10 years of constant fuck ups including a full year of recent fumbles forgotten because of a good showcase. We do this almost every other year.
Just because they messed up doesn't mean their work won't click.

The wait time is over for them. Now they need to keep this level every year if they want to keep Xbox

Ozriel

M$FT
Coalition showed gears
Id software showed doom
Playground games showed fable

Their best Studios all showed something.
There cant be that much more unless were talking 2026+

We didn't see anything from Playground Games Forza Horizon team. Double Fine, Rare's Everwild folks and InXile also missing. We know Ninja Theory had multiple projects in the works. Kojima's OD.
Not that much from Xbox Publishing aside from Flight Sim 2024...so the likes of Contraband are still outstanding.

People are not supposed to be impressed with a showcase of videogames because Xbox's screwed up in the past?

Nobody 'forgot' anything. It's just not the topic of discussion at the moment.

Hero_Select

What's the point you're trying to make here? Because noone forgot anything, people have been shitting on Xbox for years.

Top Bottom