• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parris Lilly - "I had multiple people at Xbox tell me there was so much more they could have shown and Gamescom is shaping up to be a big show too"

Hungry Scooby Doo GIF by Boomerang Official

GamePass gamers eatin good

DAHGAMING

People point and laugh at me for being one of the last Xbox warlords standing, but give it another yr or 2 and il be getting bombarded with dm asking for my profile pic and lifestyle tips of a Xbox hardman. I look forward to it, we can all add each other on Xbox Live and go to gaming gangland meet ups dressed in full green tracsuits throwing up X gang signs, high fiveing drink panda pop and talk about our wonderfull gamer life thanks to the saviour of gaming Phil Spencer and hes loyal deciples like Aaron Greenberg.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Anyone can show anything. I refuse to get excited until games release and they are good.

Drive for show, putt for dough.

shooter pistol GIF

The sheer depth of content in development at Xbox first-party studio's is formidable and unrivalled. After this Showcase it really doesn't seem fair to the competition, thankfully some are going multiplatform.

People point and laugh at me for being one of the last Xbox warlords standing, but give it another yr or 2 and il be getting bombarded with dm asking for my profile pic and lifestyle tips of a Xbox hardman. I look forward to it, we can all add each other on Xbox Live and go to gaming gangland meet ups dressed in full green tracsuits throwing up X gang signs, high fiveing drink panda pop and talk about our wonderfull gamer life thanks to the saviour of gaming Phil Spencer and hes loyal deciples like Aaron Greenberg.
Hardman?

StueyDuck

This new marketing of games an showcases of essentially promising us we'll see a game next time they promise is getting kind of irritating.

"Join us 2 weeks from now for a deep dive"... shut the fuck up, I'm here now, show me now, I'm not gonna give a fuck later

Stafford

It's not official yet but that could mean we get a GC Xbox show. They haven't those in several years, have they?

consoul

Multiple people at Xbox said they have much more to show.

What those people didn't know is that they weren't allowed to show it because Microsoft is about to cancel their projects and shutter their studios.

Taur007

Scalebound coming back from the dead at Gamescom would be GOAT
I'd trade whatever the hell kinda shape Everwild is in for a Scalebound reboot, since they're so cool burning money might as well kept a game that could've been goated. did they forget this is the "Update Era"? most games that release aren't finished anyway + we still don't know wtf everwild even is.

I get that Platinum was screwing them, but i think if i'm MS with money to burn, i just take the loss and let them finish just off the strength that there weren't any other dragon games at the time, it was literally an untapped market.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Well this last event was incredibly mediocre. I hope they have something of value to show. Aside from Expedition 33 and DOOM Dark Ages, there was nothing interesting to see that wasn't previously announced (Ages of Myth Retold) or just shitty trash wearing the name of a better game (Perfect Dark, Fable).

Killjoy-NL

The sheer depth of content in development at Xbox first-party studio's is formidable and unrivalled. After this Showcase it really doesn't seem fair to the competition, thankfully some are going multiplatform.
They will all go multiplatform.

Xbox going 3rd party is a W for all parties.

So everybody can be happy.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I love how this guy isn't happy with the brilliant showcase that just happened. He has to already move the discussion onto the next thing.

Starts setting expectations for something huge after such a banger of a showcase....

Then it doesn't deliver and everyone blames MS and they are back at square 1 with the hype deflated.

MS gotta get these shills in check.

Roberts

It's been quite a while since Double Fine has done anything so I'm pretty sure we are going to see something from them and I wouldn't be surprised if it is more than one game (they tend to release small passion projects along with bigger releases). Contraband if it is not dead yet and what else? Wu-tang Clan game? There also has to be a reason why Phil wore that Hexen shirt a while ago.

Also, Josh Sawyer may spend tons of time on twitter shit-posting and travelling around Europe but he must be working on something, right?

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Yeah, but there's a lot of CGI bullshit too, and some games are just meh. I mean, Fable could be called "generic fantasy game" and made by Devolver

The CGI still the worst though

Perrott

Is sony going to do something or just wanna watch?
Watch what? Their biggest competitor implode and go multiplatform? Because there was absolutely nothing at the Xbox Showcase that could be perceived as a real threat to Sony's dominant position.

But yes, they'll do their major Showcase at the very end of the summer to unveil the PS5 Pro ahead of its November launch - we've known it since the second their May event started to look like a State of Play rather than a proper Showcase.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Is sony going to do something or just wanna watch?
Dont know how many times you have to see your competition fuck up before you say "yeah... fuck it" .... the same people are there, the same mentality and the same incompetence... until proven otherwise this is just one more year of "next year is xbox year" ... overpromising and underdelivering while always maintaining hype in the access media and its fans is MS superpower , they are masters in it

Last edited:

Stafford

They are pretty much the only ones who have consistently presence at ONL and a big booth show.
No reason to think they wouldnt have one this year.

GC23_VISID_Title_16x9_JPG-53f181f2fdae8372e4f5.jpg

F4Qe77hbIAAEVXI.jpg:large

Nah, not what I meant. I mean a live showcase like we had Sunday. Not booths. :)

I recall Xbox had GC live shows ala E3 with new game reveals but I can't remember the last one. Maybe Parris didn't mean a E3 like show here then?

Nah, not what I meant. I mean a live showcase like we had Sunday. Not booths. :)

I recall Xbox had GC live shows ala E3 with new game reveals but I can't remember the last one. Maybe Parris didn't mean a E3 like show here then?
I don't expect them having a proper showcase for Gamescom. I mean only their big E3 showcase will always have big announcements.

Stafford

I don't expect them having a proper showcase for Gamescom. I mean only their big E3 showcase will always have big announcements.

But there was a time this wasn't the case. It was years ago but they showed Scalebound with new gameplay during a stage show and brand new game reveals. If they still have much more left to show, have a actual show then! Perhaps it will be similar to a Xbox extended after show with hosts and new reveals?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah, but there's a lot of CGI bullshit too, and some games are just meh. I mean, Fable could be called "generic fantasy game" and made by Devolver

The CGI still the worst though

Which were the purely CGI trailers at the show?

Which Devolver Developer do you think could pull off Fable and please think about your answer before typing.

You mean like ONL......as in Opening Night Live.
Geoff is in charge of that and if Xbox did its own ONL it would be a waste of time.
Better to just highjack ONL.....so it isnt exclusively an Xbox showcase, they just show a bunch of shit they have ready.

As for Xbox having its own conference, those things failed badly which is why they experimented with them literally one year, yoou must be misremember which show was which cuz that woiuld have been a pretty heavy E3 too.....people didnt watch them or go to them.
Cuz rather just hit the showfloor.....or watch the IGN/Gamespot coverage.

But who knows maybe they do something after Opening Night Live when everyone has gone to sleep or is researching what was shown during ONL.
If they hold a live event day 2 with world premires and shit..........kinda defeats the purpose of Gamescom, but hey weirder things have happened.

Last edited:
So you're saying he's wrong and there's nothing left in the pipeline?

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Yeah, he's literally the only person in the gaming press that came away from the showcase very impressed 🤡
There's a metric ton of things left under wraps for Xbox. I mean one might immediately suspect they left deep dives into a lot of games saved for Gamescom.

People don't need morons like Parris to tell you that, it's easy to figure out how one of the worlds biggest gaming reveal events would have a lot of big surprises, as is the case every year. Playstation didn't do a showcase this year, potentially keeping their big stuff a surprise for the rumoured reveal of the Pro in September.

Top Bottom