• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parris Lilly - "I had multiple people at Xbox tell me there was so much more they could have shown and Gamescom is shaping up to be a big show too"

XXL

What I don’t get is watching that show and your first thoughts are “heh, suck it Xbots and M$! These aren’t exclusives!” rather than thinking some of those games looked very good.
Wtf are you talking about?

I'm excited for a bunch of the games shown and Ive stated as much in the threads that appeared.

I never said I wasn't.

I'm just stating the facts of what happened at the show and I'm really not sure why that bothers you so much.

I have also never used the word Xbots in my life.

The difference between you guys and myself is I don't side step reality in exchange of hype.

For example....Gears, SOD3 and Perfect have no platforms announced (like Blade) and that is a fact as of right now.

Currently, think those games are coming to Xbox Series X and S is naive. Could they, sure? But it's not confirmed anywhere.

We have no idea where those games are going aside from PC and Game Pass.

xHunter

Its funny though when I play with my friends on any platform really no one gives a shit about sales numbers, no one is bragging their console sold more than your console, no one cares

The ones who REALLY actually care are straight warriors and trolls

I mean why else does anyone care how many consoles their console of choice sells?
I mean you said it yourself here:
OLTkzNh.png

If you have built your library on one system and dont intend to rebuild it, which is obvious, you probably should care at least a little bit about your chosen platforms sales. Otherwise you might see yourself investing in a dying platform.

Last edited:

XXL

Its funny though when I play with my friends on any platform really no one gives a shit about sales numbers, no one is bragging their console sold more than your console, no one cares

I mean why else does anyone care how many consoles their console of choice sells?
What does this have to do with anything I said?

You said "word hasn't hit the street" about games going to PS5.

I showed you that may not be the case.

Also, there are lots of reasons to want piece of hardware (or software) to sell well, it's not that complicated.

Edit: the poster above just gave a great reason.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Wtf are you talking about?

I'm excited for a bunch of the games shown and Ive stated as much in the threads that appeared.

I never said I wasn't.

I'm just stating the facts of what happened at the show and I'm really not sure why that bothers you so much.

I have also never used the word Xbots in my life.

The difference between you guys and myself is I don't side step reality in exchange of hype.

For example....Gears, SOD3 and Perfect have no platforms announced (like Blade) and that is a fact as of right now.

Currently, think those games are coming to Xbox Series X and S is naive. Could they, sure? But it's not confirmed anywhere.

We have no idea where those games are going aside from PC and Game Pass.

You are going on and on about the platforms these games will ship on rather than the games. Forgive me if I misread your intentions. I just don’t know why you would care so much especially if you have a PC since everything will be there anyway. Blade and Perfect Dark could very well be next gen games.

Reactions: XXL
I mean you said it yourself here:
OLTkzNh.png

If you have built your library on one system and dont intend to rebuild it, which is obvious, you probably should care at least a little bit about your chosen platforms sales. Otherwise you might see yourself investing in a dying platform.
Yeah I said it myself referring to Adams post of "As long as the next Xbox lets me bring over my owned library and has day one game pass content its an incredibly easy rec for me"

I know a lot of people who feel this way, if there is a next Xbox I know people who will buy it.

What does this have to do with anything I said?

You said "word hasn't hit the street" about games going to PS5.

I showed you that may not be the case.

Also, there are lots of reasons to want piece of hardware (or software) to sell well, it's not that complicated.

Edit: the poster above just gave a great reason.
I 100% meant no one cares if PS gets games they can still play on their Xbox

Sorry if I said "word HASN'T hit the street" as you quoted me, just no one cares and people aren't dumping their Xbox and libraries to race out and buy a PS5

Maybe I am totally in the minority but if I buy something I don't give 2 shits how many others have purchased it included my consoles

Killjoy-NL

Yeah I said it myself referring to Adams post of "As long as the next Xbox lets me bring over my owned library and has day one game pass content its an incredibly easy rec for me"

I know a lot of people who feel this way, if there is a next Xbox I know people who will buy it.

Sorry if I said "word HASN'T hit the street" as you quoted me, just no one cares and people aren't dumping their Xbox and libraries to race out and buy a PS5

Maybe I am totally in the minority but if I buy something I don't give 2 shits how many others have purchased it included my consoles
Nobody said you and other Xbox owners should give 2 shits about who owns which system.

I don't even understand why some of you take comments about Xbox games coming to Playstation personal.
Like you said, Spencer said it himself.

Nobody said you and other Xbox owners should give 2 shits about who owns which system.

I don't even understand why some of you take comments about Xbox games coming to Playstation personal.
Like you said, Spencer said it himself.
I didn't take anything personal

It goes way back to what I originally replied to your post of when Xbox steps down as a platform holder everyone wins which simply isn't true

The people who have been on Xbox for years and have large libraries do not win at all

You specifically turned it into console wars and games coming to PS5, it was you that took things personal it seems that not everyone agrees with you

Anyhow, warriors commence I am out

Crypto Disappear GIF

Killjoy-NL

I didn't take anything personal

It goes way back to what I originally replied to your post of when Xbox steps down as a platform holder everyone wins which simply isn't true

The people who have been on Xbox for years and have large libraries do not win at all

You specifically turned it into console wars and games coming to PS5, it was you that took things personal it seems that not everyone agrees with you

Anyhow, warriors commence I am out

Crypto Disappear GIF
Since almost all the Xbox fans here claim to own PCs, I don't see the issue.

And you and others turned it into some console warring.
All I did was point out that the console wars are over as games are coming to Playstation as well, so Playstation gamers who are interested in Xbox games won't have to miss out.

XXL

That's fine if you feel that way and I'm not trying to change that.

But, lack of support matters and can easily effect you, regardless if you care or not.

I'll give you a personal example, the lack of PSVR 2 effects many PSVR 2 owners.

I'm good, I have a gaming PC and I'll buy the adapter, but a decent amount of people may see a serious software drought because of it.

I care because it can affect game releases on your console of choice. The less people that buy the console the less people will buy games that come to that console. If that number gets to low than developers start questioning whether they should even bother releasing on your system.

Take the Yakuza and Persona games for example. Sega only brought them over because they were paid to otherwise they would have continued skipping Xbox. To me both of those series I love. Lets add the Legend of heroes series to that as well. Another series I love but not on Xbox because they don't feel it will do well enough. Add the Atelier games to that list as well. There's plenty more I can add to the list but I think you get the point. Now I guess you could say this has more to do with game sales vs console sales but IMO if Xbox was the top selling console over PS I think we would see all these titles sale even better on Xbox or at least enough to justify the port.

I used to never care when I had a 360. It wasn't until I moved over to PS4 and started realizing all the series and games I was missing out on because they were never on Xbox. When I did my research to find out why I realized how important that kind of stuff can be.

That's not entirely true. There's a reason the XSX won't hit 50M, maybe not even 40M. Those gamers are switching. Whether that's to PC or PS5, they're switching.

chessy_08

Now that xbox has decided to publish some on PlayStation im ecstatic. im glad xbox finally has a bunch of games to look forward to.

pasterpl

Anyone smart moves to PC and gets gamepass, where there can play all games. The real winner in the console wars is PC, anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

ZehDon

... you probably should care at least a little bit about your chosen platforms sales. Otherwise you might see yourself investing in a dying platform.
An interesting point worth considering. What, exactly, should we take away from platform sales to prevent ourselves from investing in a dying platform - or, at least, a platform where my digital library is library to be dropped? For example, if our platform of choice is number one, we're obviously OK, but if our platform of choice is number two, what should we do then? What happens if a late gen reversal occurs?

I'm not sure platform sales really paint the picture we want it to. 3DS sold a good number of units, but my digital library is tied to my hardware. It dies when my hardware dies. When I look at Microsoft and Sony's gaming platforms, in terms of ensuring my digital purchases aren't erased tomorrow, Microsoft has clearly invested heavily in ensuring the longevity of my digital library despite being in second place. They've even ensured that my purchases survive the death of the platform itself by allowing PC access for at least their own titles. Sony has done little in comparison, despite clearly having the better sales position in every console generation. My PSVita purchases are locked to that dead platform, and my extensive PSVR library was basically dropped on the floor despite it being a hugely successful platform.

I think the "winner takes all" mentality here doesn't really shake out, at least for our digital libraries.

Top Bottom