• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parris Lilly - "I had multiple people at Xbox tell me there was so much more they could have shown and Gamescom is shaping up to be a big show too"

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
You guys are cheering on the next EA.
Literally everything EA puts out is on GP. It's a tiny spec of the content people talk about.

I tried to explain to you exactly what I'm looking forward to, but I think you just want to act superior. I'm glad you're happy with your PS5 dude. I just know that I'm also happy I don't have to be locked into the PS5 hardware or that ecosystem ever again. There is other stuff happening so everyone can get things they like.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You guys don't get it, the wars are already over.

Word on the street by now will already be that Xbox games will be coming to Playstation.

War Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance

Killjoy-NL

Literally everything EA puts out is on GP. It's a tiny spec of the content people talk about.

I tried to explain to you exactly what I'm looking forward to, but I think you just want to act superior. I'm glad you're happy with your PS5 dude. I just know that I'm also happy I don't have to be locked into the PS5 hardware or that ecosystem ever again. There is other stuff happening so everyone can get things they like.
Not at all.

I never said people shouldnt be looking forward to anything.
Quite the opposite actually.

It's you guys that keep acting like there are still 2 camps.

Punished Miku

Not at all.

I never said people shouldnt be looking forward to anything.
Quite the opposite actually.

It's you guys that keep acting like there are still 2 camps.
We get it. PS5 is the winner and there's only 1 camp. Congratulations.

I'll be on PC or the next Xbox thing. Getting a Switch 2 also.

Last edited:
You guys don't get it, the wars are already over.

Word on the street by now will already be that Xbox games will be coming to Playstation.

Makes me no real difference as I game everywhere and its not "word on the street" as Spencer literally just said more games will come to other platforms

And Xbox as a platform isn't going anywhere just yet and as the last show proved there are still 2 camps and quite a few cool looking games coming to Xbox

XXL

Killjoy-NL Killjoy-NL is 100% correct.

The console wars (as we know them) are over.

1. Xbox didn't even use the word exclusive once at the showcase.

None of us have any idea what is exclusive (even timed) or not.

2. They didn't even announce platforms for the games furthest in the future (Gears, SOD3 and Perfect Dark). We don't even know for sure that they're coming to Series X or Series S.

3. They immediately followed up the showcase with an interview saying "more games are coming to other platforms" and didn't even give you a number this time.

Let's not play pretend here.

From Xbox's own mouth nothing is exclusive right now, until stated otherwise. The only things we know is they're coming to Game Pass.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Makes me no real difference as I game everywhere and its not "word on the street" as Spencer literally just said more games will come to other platforms

And Xbox as a platform isn't going anywhere just yet and as the last show proved there are still 2 camps and quite a few cool looking games coming to Xbox
Most people hear the words on the street, whether Spencer tells it or not.
PS5 seems like the better deal, as it gets games from both companies.
Unless one is interested in GP, but we already know that pretty much hit it's ceiling.

And the only reason there still seems to be 2 camps, is because one side still doesn't realize the war is over.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

2. They didn't even announce platforms for the games furthest in the future (Gears, SOD3 and Perfect Dark)

3. They immediately followed up the showcase with an interview saying "more games are coming to other platforms" and didn't even give you a number this time.

From Xbox's own mouth nothing is exclusive right now, until stated otherwise. The only things we know is they're coming to Game Pass.
Almost every game that was shown minus their legacy titles and timed exclusive deals (Fable, Perfect Dark, Gears, etc), are now on PS YouTube with the same trailers 24-48 hours after the show clause. From DOOM to Wuchang to Expedition 33, etc..

Reactions: XXL
Most people hear the words on the street, whether Spencer tells it or not.
PS5 seems like the better deal, as it gets games from both companies.
Unless one is interested in GP, but we already know that pretty much hit it's ceiling.

And the only reason there still seems to be 2 camps, is because one side still doesn't realize the war is over.
Maybe but still a group of people that will buy the next Xbox and play the games that were at the show and most of them don't care if those games end up on PS5

Most "on the street" don't give up a crap about "the war" they just want to play games on their preferred machine which they will still be doing

Punished Miku

It's difficult to talk to you guys. I've literally been saying MS is going fully multiplatform since February. It's like you are talking to make believe people and countering make believe arguments.

XXL

Almost every game that was shown minus their legacy titles and timed exclusive deals (Fable, Perfect Dark, Gears, etc), are now on PS YouTube with the same trailers 24-48 hours after the show clause. From DOOM to Wuchang to Expedition 33, etc..
I know.

They didn't even say the word exclusive for their legacy titles.

Go watch any other Xbox showcase, in the past they would use the word exclusive (even console exclusive) as much as fucking possible.

They havent even came out after the show talking about what's exclusive to Xbox.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

2. They didn't even announce platforms for the games furthest in the future (Gears, SOD3 and Perfect Dark). We don't even know for sure that they're coming to Series X or Series S.

Uhh, who cares? I am excited to play Doom and Expedition 33. Even Perfect Dark looked good. I will take these games over Concord and Sweet Baby presents: Wolverine. Does it irk you when Sony shows games that will end up on Steam? It’s like the actual games are secondary to console wars autism around here.

Punished Miku

Miku has spoken for all Xbox gamers. on Gaf and beyond.
I never said that at all. But since you want to try and throw out ridiculous statements like that, most informed gamers that read news about games or post on forums probably has already come to the same conclusion months ago. Timdog had a meltdown over this in February. It's not new information. You guys are acting like anyone is surprised about this.

Everyone knows they're going multiplatform.

I just don't think people that weren't on Xbox at all this generation get it yet. The hardware doesn't matter that much. This whole gen, you could already play everything on GP on a web browser. Everything is going to come down to the digital store log-ins, and services, and those will be on any devices that allow them. That's where the conversation was 4 months ago when Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi Rush and more went multiplatform. Every Xbox podcast has covered this.

Last edited:
Maybe but still a group of people that will buy the next Xbox and play the games that were at the show and most of them don't care if those games end up on PS5

Most "on the street" don't give up a crap about "the war" they just want to play games on their preferred machine which they will still be doing

True. The standout to me is the preference is more towards PlayStation in their own territory and especially worldwide.

If they are going to continue to sell hardware how do they expect to sustain or even increase numbers if what they are offering is on other systems which also offers their own portfolio, third party games and now Microsoft’s.

How many would look at that and think they are getting the better deal in terms of content choice.
If the price range is similar going forward who are those people going to chose between those consoles?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I never said that at all. But since you want to try and throw out ridiculous statements like that, most informed gamers that read news about games or post on forums probably has already come to the same conclusion months ago. Timdog had a meltdown over this in February. It's not new information. You guys are acting like anyone is surprised about this.

Everyone knows they're going multiplatform.

I just don't think people that people that weren't on Xbox at all this generation get it yet. The hardware doesn't matter that much. This whole gen, you could already play everything on GP on a web browser. Everything is going to come down to the digital store log-ins, and services, and those will be on any devices that allow them. That's where the conversation was 4 months ago when Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi Rush and more went multiplatform. Every Xbox podcast has covered this.
Ok.

Killjoy-NL

Yes, but I never stated otherwise.
So moot point.
That's what I basically said, so yeah.

True. The standout to me is the preference is more to towards PlayStation in their own territory and especially worldwide.

If they are going to continue to sell hardware how do they expect to sustain or even increase numbers if what they are offering is on other systems which also offers their own portfolio, third party games and now Microsoft’s.

How many would look at that and think they are getting the better deal in terms of content choice.
If the price range is similar going forward who are those people going to chose between those consoles?
I can only answer from a standpoint like my adult son who has been on Xbox his whole life because thats where his friends are

He has a massive Xbox library and has never cared for games that Playstation offer so he will 100% be buying the next Xbox, its really that simple

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

As long as the next xbox lets me bring over my owned library and has day 1 game pass content, it's an incredibly easy rec for me, while also getting the next PS system for its exclusives. I don't plan / want to buy entire libraries across multiple devices again.

Uhh, who cares? I am excited to play Doom and Expedition 33. Even Perfect Dark looked good. I will take these games over Concord and Sweet Baby presents: Wolverine. Does it irk you when Sony shows games that will end up on Steam? It’s like the actual games are secondary to console wars autism around here.

It means a lot to our guy, he made a whole topic about it too.

I can only answer from a standpoint like my adult son who has been on Xbox his whole life because thats where his friends are

He has a massive Xbox library and has never cared for games that Playstation offer so he will 100% be buying the next Xbox, its really that simple

That’s my point tho. How many who are similar to your son are enough to justify continuing in the hardware space compared to how many who might go elsewhere if future content is going to others or maybe go PC. Time will tell I guess.

I don’t want them to not make hardware, I rather they did and were not in the situation they currently find themselves in.

As long as the next xbox lets me bring over my owned library and has day 1 game pass content, it's an incredibly easy rec for me, while also getting the next PS system for its exclusives. I don't plan / want to buy entire libraries across multiple devices again.
Yeah I know quite a few people who feel this way

That’s my point tho. How many who are similar to your son are enough to justify continuing in the hardware space compared to how many who might go elsewhere if future content is going to others or maybe go PC. Time will tell I guess.

I don’t want them to not make hardware, I rather they did and were not in the situation they currently find themselves in.
That is the question, how many consoles is Xbox content with selling moving forward

It also goes back to what I said months ago Xbox wants to do something different instead of launching their console in the same window as the next Playstation

Is it going to fail?

Likely but their current plan isn't working well so its time to change course

Yeah I know quite a few people who feel this way

That is the question, how many consoles is Xbox content with selling moving forward

It also goes back to what I said months ago Xbox wants to do something different instead of launching their console in the same window as the next Playstation

Is it going to fail?

Likely but their current plan isn't working well so its time to change course

Likely but their current plan isn't working well so its time to change course”

That’s the big problem I have. They continue to have people responsible for those failures in positions of influence and continue to be backed and praised . now look at it.

I don’t understand it.

DryvBy

Did Phil tell them the plans to abandon first party exclusives Xbox or did he not get that news like Ryan did?

C9kdl7e.jpeg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Likely but their current plan isn't working well so its time to change course”

That’s the big problem I have. They continue to have people responsible for those failures in positions of influence and continue to be backed and praised . now look at it.

I don’t understand it.
It's a club, you see.

XXL

You care.

I said the console wars as we know it are over and you took offense to that, that's pretty fucking obvious.

If I'm wrong about anything else I wrote feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Assuming the rumors are mostly true, this is my current decision making process. Currently I prefer Xbox over PS at the moment. More games I'm interested in, GP, MS Rewards, better system UI. Next gen, the rumored offering is:

Pros:
  • that I keep all of the stuff I currently prefer, but also get access to PC stores like Epic and Steam. That means I gain from what I currently have, basically every indie game ever made, multiple PS games, multiple competing digital stores with cheaper prices selling keys
  • the option to take a good chunk of the library portable on a handheld with cloud save continuity
  • the system itself could be a decent bit more powerful than consoles are typically running closer to PC specs
  • GP continues to exist, and forward compatibility hopefully moves the whole library out of being locked and onto windows
Cons:
  • the hardware will be more expensive.
  • PS gamers also can play the games
Hardware is not really going to be the focus. It's going to be a niche device because it will be as expensive as a PC. No one really tracks PC hardware sales monthly or Surface device sales numbers on here, because it's mostly irrelevant. A lot of gamers that have to have a cheap box to play will migrate to PS5 or PS6. PS6 definitely will sell way, way more than this line of devices. However, people like me that currently prefer Xbox get multiple gigantic wins. The only real downside is paying more for the hardware, which you would have to do to jump to PC anyway.

XXL

Considering the PS5 pulled a 5:1 over Xbox (in the US) after the announcement of the 4 games coming to PS5.

I would say the word hit the street about games coming to PS5.

Lets be real here.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

And we can also say that nothing is locked in as exclusive to ps5.

None of it matters anymore.

Considering the PS5 pulled a 5:1 over Xbox (in the US) after the announcement of the 4 games coming to PS5.

I would say the word hit the street about games coming to PS5.

Lets be real here.
Its funny though when I play with my friends on any platform really no one gives a shit about sales numbers, no one is bragging their console sold more than your console, no one cares

The ones who REALLY actually care are straight warriors and trolls

I mean why else does anyone care how many consoles their console of choice sells?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You care.

I said the console as we know it are over and you took offense to that, that's pretty fucking obvious.

If I'm wrong about anything else I wrote feel free to correct me.

Every game at every showcase comes to Steam where I play all my games. Console wars are truly over.

icegif-660.gif

You right.

ryan.png

I remember that. He had a little dispute with Shannon Loftis over his Lucky Tale review one time too but soon started grovelling.

This is what I mean, you only have to look at the night before the showcase, the drinks , the food, all the usual suspects in attendance posing for photos “look at me” etc.

You think about that, are any of those people ever truly honest and sincere? Do you think they ever be straight and truthful ? Or are they worried they risk losing that kind of access to Xbox and their status in the community?

It’s all there. I have an intense dislike for these people, not just for their arrogance but the missed opportunities to be honest and give true constructive criticism over the years but they didn’t, it was tepid instead, being careful, choosing their battles.

I don’t know if PlayStation has the kind of people but they’re awful imo. It’s all self interests.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Good, so you agree.

I own every platform available (including steam) and the VR headsets, I get it.

What I don’t get is watching that show and your first thoughts are “heh, suck it Xbots and M$! These aren’t exclusives!” rather than thinking some of those games looked very good.

It brings me back to a bygone era of console wars soaked in axe body spray and monster energy, getting a Halo DLC off a can of mt dew. Those times are long gone, bud.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What I don’t get is watching that show and your first thoughts are “heh, suck it Xbots and M$! These aren’t exclusives!” rather than thinking some of those games looked very good.

It brings me back to a bygone era of console wars soaked in axe body spray and monster energy, getting a Halo DLC off a can of mt dew. Those times are long gone, bud.

It's that weird thing right. Like, of you care so much about sales...which does nothing for you personally....yet its a win for you deep down....yet, they will buy the games and give their money to Micorosft and give them a sale and still feel like they have "won" some how 🤔

Strange.

Top Bottom