• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut China throwing half a lobster on pizzas for Chinese New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
WHY

As part of this year's Chinese New Year's celebration, Pizza Hut is offering a pizza topped with a half of lobster, shell and all, in the Shanghai area of China.

Going for 98 yuan (~$14.90 US), the pizza comes topped with the aforementioned lobster as well as bacon, mushroom, asparagus, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and a drizzle of shrimp and lobster sauce. They're also offering the more conventional option of getting half a lobster on pasta.

The pizza option, while eye-catching, seems a bit of a pain to eat for something that is largely a convenience food.

KCih207.jpg

Salsa

you can't eat that on the pizza slice

how is this not just putting a lone lobster in another dish

That's really stretching the definition of "pizza". Unless I guess you take the lobster off, break it up to get the meat, and put the meat chunks on the pizza.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I had a Lobster sandwich yesterday - a "Lobster Roll" to be clear and it was both expensive and disgusting.

I enjoy a subtly done Lobster tail but honestly those giant bugs are a ton of effort for very little reward. There's a reason they used to be poor people food.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Why stop there:

ITvYzo3.jpg

WLDK25L.jpg

Everyone seems to keep forgetting the Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza, a.k.a. Recursive Pizza.

Sadly, all the photos seem to be gone from that thread. It was a large frozen pizza topped with two personal pizzas which were in turn topped with bagel pizzas, which lastly were topped with pizza rolls, which was all held together by an extra two pounds of cheese and all baked together. We made one at a friend's house. Their oven died the very next day, but I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

(Found a picture elsewhere. Not the same one from the thread, but same ingredients.)

inception.jpg

As for this lobster pizza, it reminds me of an old game called Pizza Tycoon. You ran various pizzerias, and you could even design your own pizzas with any number of ingredients, for which the game gave some arbitrary score. I remember one of the ingredients was lobster. For every ingredient, you could break it down to various levels, and for the lobster, the least broken down was to just throw a whole lobster on top of the pizza.

What does eating lobster have to do with the inflated price of lobster in the west? Lobster is not that rare, it's over priced and other countries don't charge ridiculous prices for it.

Yeah but they serve it to you live, LIVE! You see it crawl in a tank, choose it, watch it boil and scream. The experience costs money, you're not paying for the food.

sohois

For those unaware, back in the early 19th century lobster was a poor mans food, given to slaves and prisoners. There is little reason for it to be so pricy today

213372bu

Banned
Venice had a lot of weird pizzas like this too.

My favorite was a pizza that had hot dog slices, fries, and ground beef.

It was actually the best pizza I had there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom