• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut China throwing half a lobster on pizzas for Chinese New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What does eating lobster have to do with the inflated price of lobster in the west? Lobster is not that rare, it's over priced and other countries don't charge ridiculous prices for it.
Name these countries and explain your experience in them. I don't think you actually have any.

What does eating lobster have to do with the inflated price of lobster in the west? Lobster is not that rare, it's over priced and other countries don't charge ridiculous prices for it.

What type of lobster are we talking about here? The lobsters they have in the Caribbean are plentiful but they aren't that good. That's why they practically give the things away down there. I'm not sure of the variety of lobster they have near China or where they are sourcing them but if they are from the Caribbean then 15 bucks is not really a deal.

Any time I've have had a Maine lobster both here in the U.S. and abroad they have been expsensive. Those are much better than any other variety I've tasted.

Would you say King Crab is overpriced because you can get Tanner for much less?

Pizza Hut in China are so different. They are more like restaurants that also make pizzas instead of just a pizza joint. I went to one in Beijing that the food was surprisingly decent.

Nikodemos

For those unaware, back in the early 19th century lobster was a poor mans food, given to slaves and prisoners. There is little reason for it to be so pricy today
Yes there is. It's called 'overfishing' a.k.a. "strip-mining the seas".

Back in the old days a 20-pounder was considered a decent weight for a lobster. Find me one this size today. Largest lobster ever caught was twice that.

Lobsters need decades to grow (they grow throughout their entire lives and have lifespans almost as long as ours).

It's the same with stuff like oysters and truffles. We've viciously fucked up a good thing in repeated cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom