• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plague Tale: Requiem releasing 18th October 2022

Bartski

Gold Member
sYgXlu0.jpg

Plague Tale: Requiem comes out 18th October 2022 for PS5, XsX/XsS, PC and Switch.
Day one game pass release. Preorders are live everywhere.

10 mins gameplay (time-stamped):

4K:

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That’s my October sorted. Can’t wait to play this. I was worried when they didn’t commit to a date at the Xbox showcase but this is only 4 months out :messenger_smiling_hearts:

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Requiem looks great and looking forward to it. Was hoping for mid-August though. September to December is stacked and packed for me while April through August has been empty. UGH.

Steel Rising on September 8th
Evil West on September 20th
A Plague Tale Requiem on October 18th
Gotham Knights on October 25th
The Callisto Protocol on December 2nd

If God of War Ragnarok and Avatar release in November, im going to have 7 games in a three months span. UGH.

Bartski

Gold Member

Hi everyone, I’m Sébastien Renard, Lead Writer on A Plague Tale: Requiem. Three years after the series’ first title: A Plague Tale: Innocence, we thought it’d be a good time to take a look at the evolution of our main characters. In the upcoming sequel, Requiem, Amicia and Hugo de Rune are at a turning point in their lives.

Far from Innocence — Amicia and Hugo’s next chapter in A Plague Tale: Requiem, out October 18

How have Amicia and Hugo changed since Innocence?​

The brother-sister relationship was central to Innocence. Amicia and Hugo didn’t know each other well at the beginning of the game, and along with their survival, their complicated but thriving affection for each other was at stake. They both try to find their place, with Amicia growing more and more protective of her brother.

The game ends with this existing relationship for the next chapter to build on. The idea for the sequel was to keep these themes alive while introducing new ones, each with their own set of conflicts and emotions.

Requiem introduces a more mature Amicia. She has come to terms with her introverted self, and she has become more playful and keen to bond with her brother. Our heroes now call for a more profound treatment, and this will bring forth situations of a new type. Their inner frailties will be their next challenge.

Threatened by their own selves​

Hugo’s powers are developing — he will struggle to keep them under control and sometimes they’ll overthrow him. Although they will be key for him to escape dangerous situations, the young boy will need to resist the risk of giving in to his powers.

On Amicia’s side, her fighting skills honed in Innocence will backfire on her. She won’t have any option but to take on this role that only she can assume — but she will have to face the traumatic emotions that come with it.

Our characters are not superhuman, and our two protagonists will pay the price that becoming a hero entails. Thankfully, they will get help along the way. Unlike the band of companions-in-misfortune that Amicia and Hugo formed in the first game, Requiem will introduce new characters, adults with more confidence and experience, who will guide the two siblings through their personal struggles.

Illusory paradise and dangerous encounters​

Our heroes will face their inner conflicts together with external ones. To begin with, they will discover a new part of France, Provence, which will offer new sights and sensations, leading them to believe in a kind of paradise. Unfortunately, the harsh medieval reality inevitably catches up, and their hopes vanish before they can get too comfortable.

The roads of Provence are unpredictable, and danger is everywhere: mercenary bands, ambushes, and the ever merciless nature of their times — that simple villagers make no exception to. Let’s not forget the rats and the Bite, another trauma they will have to keep facing as the world crumbles around them. The plague tragically keeps following them.

Moving on from Innocence: showing initiative​

It’s clear that their greatest hardships are linked with Hugo’s powers, and they will finally realize what that means.

In the same process, they start taking the lead in the action. In Innocence, Amicia and Hugo had a passive role in how the events play out: with the Inquisition after them, they only get to react to assaults.

When Requiem begins, no one is after the de Runes. This allows them to go and face adversity head on. Whispers of an island linked to Hugo’s fate will have them move on to more, unexpected territories. Amicia and Hugo will be led to act to the limits of morality, and their friends from yesterday could be their enemies of tomorrow…

A Plague Tale: Requiem releases on October 18, 2022 on PlayStation 5. We can’t wait for you to finally reunite with Amicia and Hugo!

Ozriel

M$FT
Then you have Midnight Suns, Forspoken, Gotham Knights and COD Modern Warfare 2.

It's a bloodbath.
Requiem looks great and looking forward to it. Was hoping for mid-August though. September to December is stacked and packed for me while April through August has been empty. UGH.

If God of War Ragnarok and Avatar release in November, im going to have 7 games in a three months span. UGH.

How in the world are you both forgetting the 800lb gorilla that is Hogwarts legacy?

That game will be immense this holiday

It’ll sell 10 million units by Christmas.

Last edited:
Can't wait. Honestly think this can take my #1 for 2022. Also, makes October that much better. Starts with Forspoken, then Plague Tale, then ends with RE8 DLC

Fuck yes.

Last edited:
My birthday is October 28th...so MW2, Plague Tale Requiem, High on Life, Gotham Knights and maybe RE8 DLC....then watching Black Adam too. Gonna be an amazing day!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
How in the world are you both forgetting the 800lb gorilla that is Hogwarts legacy?

That game will be immense this holiday

It’ll sell 10 million units by Christmas.
Oops. I should have clarified that the list is for me personally, not in general. Apologies.

Fahdis

Honestly, one of the best visual games I have ever played outside of the rats. Those French towns and Paris felt real. It was even more immersive when I played it in French with English Subs.

Kataploom

Gold Member

Damn, 2022 is looking rough 🤔😂

Handel

Potential GOTY for me here, day 1 for sure.

So... Amicia just accepted she's a serial killer and went full berserker for the sequel? Ok, I guess...
There is probably an event that leads to this...we haven't seen the mother in any of these trailers that I can remember.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, 2022 is looking rough 🤔😂
I have already had HFW, DL 2 and Wonderlands. Waiting on the Outriders Worldslayer expansion next week. I don't need 20-30 games a year. Screw that. Quality > quantity for me. Looks like GOWR will release in November and if Avatar makes it, I will have a nice top 10 game list for 2022 which works for me. :)

Kataploom

Gold Member
I have already had HFW, DL 2 and Wonderlands. Waiting on the Outriders Worldslayer expansion next week. I don't need 20-30 games a year. Screw that. Quality > quantity for me. Looks like GOWR will release in November and if Avatar makes it, I will have a nice top 10 game list for 2022 which works for me. :)
Relax, I'm parodying a thread created recently with that phrase as a title lol. I don't even care about Sony and 2022 is looking good, I don't play games on release mostly though.

Except this one, I hope I get a XSX and a C2 before it releases because I'll want it day 1 😎

SZips

The first game was one of my favorite game releases of 2019, tied or just behind Resident Evil 2 remake.

I'm super excited for this one!

Ozriel

M$FT
question for the thread

Given the high production values, would you class this as an AAA game?

AAA usually gets tied to the budget and/or scope, and I suspect this was made on a lower budget than typical AAA games. Maybe some middle ground like Hellblade was? high production values, on a smaller budget?

question for the thread

AAA usually gets tied to the budget and/or scope, and I suspect this was made on a lower budget than typical AAA games. Maybe some middle ground like Hellblade was? high production values, on a smaller budget?

AA, like all Focus Home published titles. Though it definitely isn't less impressive than many big budget games.

Last edited:

reksveks

question for the thread

The budget also generally includes marketing. I think it's a AA game personally.

Top Bottom