• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Welcome aboard guys!
type21213162221111231lzeqw.png
1 ticket please, good sir?

PanzerCute

A full AAA Astro game is quite possible to be shown though. They do push for it to be a kid friendly mascot. But yeah I agree that it should be a base PS5 game first and later on add PSVR2 content like Resident Evil. If they make it a fully fledged PSVR2 game, the IP will never take off
I'm expecting a hybrid game for Astro, playable with and without the headset. This would be the best way imo

Vognerful

I may not be able to watch it due to work and my study.

I just hope someone list all the stuff that related to PC (PC ports or multiplatform)

Thanks in advance

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm so excited for this event that I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. lol

Things like Spider-Man 2, Factions and Death Stranding are sure to appear, what I hope is that Factions has a lot of PVE content and that Spider-Man 2 has graphics that surpass (by far) Forbidden West.

Besides, there are three things that would make me very happy (if only one were real):

- new medieval fantasy IP from Naughty Dog;
- a new Astro game that takes advantage of dualsense as well as the previous one (optional VR);
- Sunset Overdrive sequel.

Yes. YES!

Let your hype consume you. Do not expect anything less than greatest showcase of all time.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Guys you're gonna have to quote me or tag me to get on the Hype Express, I'm not gonna know everyone who requests a ticket if I'm not aware of it.
Also make sure you actually have a Avatar that I can use to put you on the Hype Express 👍
After tonight the chance of getting tickets are gonna be slim 😕

Last edited:

Tsaki

I'm expecting a hybrid game for Astro, playable with and without the headset. This would be the best way imo
I've seen the hybrid approach being mentioned often, especially since Sony made that patent about it. The thing is, to have a good VR experience, the game will have to incorporate its features in a way that traditional games can't, like in Rescue Mission. It can't just be a traditional platforming game with just a VR view on top of it because then no one will care for it and will seem cheap. And if the game does have levels that use VR features to their fullest then the 2D/TV experience will not be able to experience them.

PanzerCute

I've seen the hybrid approach being mentioned often, especially since Sony made that patent about it. The thing is, to have a good VR experience, the game will have to incorporate its features in a way that traditional games can't, like in Rescue Mission. It can't just be a traditional platforming game with just a VR view on top of it because then no one will care for it and will seem cheap. And if the game does have levels that use VR features to their fullest then the 2D/TV experience will not be able to experience them.
Yeah I kinda agree with you, but I also trust Asobi on finding the right solutions. Before playing Rescue Mission, I thought a VR platformer wouldnt be anything special, but they found every way to amaze me and made a "mario 64" moment. So I dont know, maybe im too optimistic, but I can see them finding solutions.

Tbh I want the game in VR, Astro PS5 was fine but far, far from the genius of Rescue Mission, because of the lack of VR.

I don't want leaks but at the same time I wanna know if FF7 Rebirth will be there.
I'm seeing mixed views :

Nate the hate thinks they won't show anything till XVI is released.

Jeff Grubb said it could show up here.

To me I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be here. They've promoted the hell out of XVI, just dropped final previews and they have an event June 11th that celebrates it's launch. I honestly don't even know why it'd be at this showcase at all. FF7 Rebirth on the other hand lines up with the PR cycle for part 1.

Just_one

here´s is what im expecting :

Spiderman 2 Gameplay and Release Date (september 2023)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 Gameplay and Release Date (december 2023)
Metal Gear Solid Remake Release Date (although i think the rumour is Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake)
Bloodbourne Remake Annoucement
Last Of Us Factions Gameplay and Release Date
Silent Hill 2 Gameplay and Release date

Spaceman292

Banned
Come on guys, the good old "list of things to be shown taken on a mobile phone and slightly blurry" card is played every-time this kind of event happens, and it's always bullshit.
People will always fall for it.

Look guys, I found a piece of A4 paper with the the MGS3 logo printed on it, then I took a picture of it with my 2006 smart phone while an earthquake happened.

kaizenkko

haha yeah you'll be disappointed. Medieval IP by ND would be hype but if you expect anything other than TLOU Online and maybe TLOU2 PS5+PC you'll get less than you ask for. Sunset Overdrive is not happening. MS will not give the publishing right to Sony for the first one and having just the sequel for PS5 is a sure way for nobody to buy it since they don't know the original. Insomniac will just make the next Ratchet game and continue building off of Rift Apart. Remember that they have a multiplayer game cooking too (Resistance reboot?).
A full AAA Astro game is quite possible to be shown though. They do push for it to be a kid friendly mascot. But yeah I agree that it should be a base PS5 game first and later on add PSVR2 content like Resident Evil. If they make it a fully fledged PSVR2 game, the IP will never take off.
I expect Death Stranding to be a bone thrown for SGF so I don't think it will be here.
Spiderman 2 will have great graphics. They've been working on it for so long and Rift Apart is gorgeous, so their render tech will be breathtaking after 2 years.
I didn't say I'm counting on these things to happen, I just wish they would. My expectations are not so high, if only Spider-Man 2 surprises me in some way, great.

CrazyKyle

Neo Member
Guys you're gonna have to quote me or tag me to get on the Hype Express, I'm not gonna know everyone who requests a ticket if I'm not aware of it.
Also make sure you actually have a Avatar that I can use to put you on the Hype Express 👍
TGO TGO No Sackboy? But ill take a ticket sir!

Drac84

One ticket please Sir

White-fire

I would like in

Killer8

Just 24 hours until MGS3 Snake Beater.

I wish they would remake the Outer Heaven & Zanzibar games instead. Solid Snake & Grey Fox, shit would be epic.

If Konami were smart they would do this and locate Tomokazu Fukushima to write the game.

nial

Gold Member
I want a new Ape Escape, an ICO remake, a Sony first-party turn based JRPG and the actual sequel to Beyond Good and Evil that got scrapped in favor of an always online MMO-like games as a service experience that was abandoned by its own creator and then quietly canceled right under our noses(good riddance *spits*). I'm definitely not getting any of that from the Playstation "Global Focused" California brand.
I don't think there is any correlation between all that and the last part.

Mr.Phoenix

Sony seems to have a tight grip on this show tbh.
Let's hope nothing leaks closer to the show.
Since they started doing stuff digitally I don't think anything has leaked.
am i asking to much for a proper release date and gameplay for FF7 part 2?
Yes, you are. I mean who knows it could happen, but I find it weird that people expect SE to be announcing FF7R2 with gameplay and a release date one month before their biggest FF entry since 15. I can see them leaving that out till SGF or even VGA. If not TGS.
Just 24 hours until MGS3 Snake Beater.

I wish they would remake the Outer Heaven & Zanzibar games instead. Solid Snake & Grey Fox, shit would be epic.
I swear they doing Solid Snake dirty. He's the reason we all got into the series for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom