• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R. Mika's popularity in Street Fighter is baffling

Vice

Couldn't agree anymore if I tried. I've been hating Viper since she was first unveiled and I'm honestly perplexed at her popularity. Worst Street Fighter character of all time, hands down. And yes, I do mean worse than El Fuerte.
I went there.
People want Super Turbo Vega nonsense mixups. She appeals to the guessing game fan while being more stable than Fuerte.

I agree with everything the OP has said.

She is a ridiculous looking character. Forgot all the nonsense "she's badass" comments, you all just want to look at cartoon boobies and it's pathetic.
Not gonna lie son, I fucking love me some titties and ass.

However, I've wanted to see her in another game for a long time. She was a very fun character to play.

Kaleinc

Banned
For the love of god i hope capcom makes a female character in a suit so we can b done with this and u kno actually make threads about how characters play,stages,music etc an entire thread for one character seems absurd.
Please, if there is something capcom should do, reacting to every meltdown on gaf isn't one of them.
Changing Times New Roman font to something not so lazy is a good way to start though.

Untitled-16.jpg

e25b3924b0b480676ed3a354daa3dc76.jpg

image.jpg

Point rebuked. Try again.

Brah, both the second and third picture are photoshopped.

kewlbot

Pretty much. I mean seriously:

HighlevelEthicalGoosefish.gif

I also love it when people say this doesn't count because it's a bug.

It's like saying Hulk Hogan's racist tirade didn't count because he never intended the public to see it.

Thing is, Capcom is knowingly letting the public see this bug.

this is a bug?
i doubt it, lets be real here
seems more like using sex to drive up more pre orders

literally anywhere i go on a stream people are always talking about jiggly teets
kind of exploitative, but hey its capcom

Skilletor

this is a bug?

literally anywhere i go on a stream people are always talking about jiggly teets

What kind of sick people think a woman with a hole through the back of their head is sexy?

Of course it's a bug!

No, but seriously, it's a bug. Physics are weird on 2p side for character select and it affects more than breasts.

Zukuu

Banned
this is a bug?

It is. It's only on the right player side, too.

Shmuppers

I could care less about her design, I just like professional wrestlers in fighting games. I think a lot of people do, they're hype as fuck

See: Beowulf
80b2c859daa3c76e5afad1af10031ab9.gif

Alex
latest

hiex_

Banned
Game characters can be sexy, even absurdly so, objectification isn't a bad thing every human does it. Boobs aren't made of rock, they wiggle. Who cares, it's a fictional character, if you don't like then move along.

Mik317

the fact that they gave the boobs the ability to jiggle kinda gives it away

its obvious that they designed the character's breasts to jiggle around

the ingame jiggle is rather subtle and well done. There is not OG DOA jiggle going on.

That level of jiggle only happens on one side of the character select screen and effects Ryu's headband and Birdie's chain...y'kno two things that are effected by physics ingame too...and yet again it does so at realistic levels there too.

If they really added it for sexual appeal, it would happen to both sides, ingame at the same level and would not effect Ryu's headband and shit. It is a bug. Capcom themselves have called it this.

but no...conspiracies and shit are afoot

Pretty much. I mean seriously:

HighlevelEthicalGoosefish.gif

I also love it when people say this doesn't count because it's a bug.

It's like saying Hulk Hogan's racist tirade didn't count because he never intended the public to see it.

Thing is, Capcom is knowingly letting the public see this bug.

Her...her boob is going through the arm!

WHAT!

The boobs are a lie! THE BOOBS ARE A LIE!!!!!!

jerry1594

I could care less about her design, I just like professional wrestlers in fighting games. I think a lot of people do, they're hype as fuck

See: Beowulf
80b2c859daa3c76e5afad1af10031ab9.gif

Alex
latest
Alex is not a pro wrestler.

Honestly that bug has been in there how long now? I think it's viral marketing or whatever it's called.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hate Beowulf. Then again I'm not too fond of SG and its meta-ness and memeness.

Anyway, R. Mika is great. She is actually a pretty fine representation.

With that said...

Blue Mary > R. Mika.

latest

Where are you Blue Mary ;_;

NEO0MJ

It's strange though how Mortal Kombat of all franchises now has female characters that come off looking less sexualized than Street Fighter.

I hate Beowulf. Then again I'm not too fond of SG and its meta-ness and memeness.

Is it because Beowulf doesn't embrace his inner furry?

Boss Doggie

Is it because Beowulf doesn't embrace his inner furry?

No, shit like HAHAH THREE MOONS GET IT or the weird slang. Even Robo Fortune is full of crap like your usual "I hate feeling this shit" with her circuit breaker moves.

Oh well, I'm glad I got them for free.

Shmuppers

Alex is not a pro wrestler.

Honestly that bug has been in there how long now? I think it's viral marketing or whatever it's called.

Perhaps not in name(?) but his moveset and design is heavily influenced by professional wrestling. Power bombs, knife-edge-chops, headbutts, it's all there. Which was sort of the point of my post.

tumblr_mdn1j8XpbU1rk5wnbo1_400.gif
latest

Don't foret his starting match animation when facing Hugo

latest

For those that don't know, references the Hogan/Andre rivalry

Her...her boob is going through the arm!

WHAT!

The boobs are a lie! THE BOOBS ARE A LIE!!!!!!

Upgrading the physics engine to react to the arm just pulled the game down to 30fps alone, the sheer size of booby jiggle render was way to much for the framebuffer aliasing aspect ratio raytracing
I have not got a clue of what I'm talking about.

chun2walq9.gif

Look at the right side. Very subtle, still has physics.

The left one, a glitch on the physics.

Very subtle?!? are you joking right?

Also really big boobs are heavy to initiate their movement and swings with heft, they surely bounce back but they are not made of jelly. This is not realistic in any way. Physics argument is defeated, find some other justification to defend this. Say that you find it "very empowering"...

I don't give a rat's ass about this, and everyone is entitled to his own fetish, but if this is supposed to be tittillating, it doesn't seem to do it properly imo (I'm also an old guy).

Shmuppers

Also really big boobs are heavy to initiate their movement and swings with heft, they surely bounce back but they are not made of jelly. This is not realistic in any way. Physics argument is defeated, find some other justification to defend this. Say that you find it "very empowering"...

I don't give a rat's ass about this, and everyone is entitled to his own fetish, but if this is supposed to be tittillating, it doesn't seem to do it properly imo (I'm also an old guy).

Nah, during the very last motion where she repositions her leg, her breasts do jiggle very slightly. Look closely.

Edit: wait, did I misunderstand you or does mStudios not know his lefts from his rights

... Emphasis on the glitch part.

Boss Doggie

That's my problem with Beowulf and generally many of the cast of SG. They look more like personifications of what internet people like to see.

Mik317

he has the sides mixed up.

The one on the left is the correct side, the one on the right is the currently buggy side (it is buggy because it effects more than just boobs).

In game it is very very subtle to the point that you don't notice it.

Couldn't agree anymore if I tried. I've been hating Viper since she was first unveiled and I'm honestly perplexed at her popularity. Worst Street Fighter character of all time, hands down. And yes, I do mean worse than El Fuerte.
I went there.

Go die
bts_lina.gif

I love her guessing game shenanigans.

Her design is suave as hell yet being totally feminine.

Lol, there game footage clearly showing the bug, capcom reps stating its a bug, but nope.

How can jiggly boobs be a bug? The mesh has to be weight painted in relation to certain bones of the armature and all to have them move like this. It's not an automated process. Not like someone can just accidentally implement that by clicking the wrong button or having faulty code.

It's strange though how Mortal Kombat of all franchises now has female characters that come off looking less sexualized than Street Fighter.

Lol, is explicitly shooting people in the head, cutting out people's intestines, violently knocking off people's jaws supposed to be classier than...breasts?

To be honest, if I had to chose which one was more troublesome or frightening, it wouldn't be the simulated breasts. It would be the simulated murder ^^;

How can jiggly boobs be a bug? The mesh has to be weight painted in relation to certain bones of the armature and all to have them move like this. It's not an automated process. Not like someone can just accidentally implement that by clicking the wrong button or having faulty code.

The glitch isn't the existence of jiggle. The glitch is the wild, extreme jiggle seen on the right side of the select screen.

They didn't want the breasts to be DOA crazy. But, they didn't want them to be MKX wooden, either.

Sanctuary

Pls don't put god queen viper in Rufus and Mika teir categories thanks.

Also she's just black widow, she's just strait up black widow.

I actually like Viper's moveset, and a few of her alternate outfits are pretty good. I just can't stand her default design, and her long ass braid still doesn't look good, no matter what outfit she's wearing.

Plus, she has probably the most annoying knock out screams of the entire cast too. Which is also something I've never understood about fighting games. How is someone screaming, yelling or complaining if they were knocked out? Game logic!

Anyway, as long as R. Mika doesn't turn out to be Dan Tier, there's always hope. Pretty much any alternate outfit would be better than her default. Unless of course it's some silly clown suit with a tutu and fishnet stockings or something typically Capcom like.

NEO0MJ

Lol, is explicitly shooting people in the head, cutting out people's intestines, violently knocking off people's jaws supposed to be classier than...breasts?

To be honest, if I had to chose which one was more troublesome or frightening, it wouldn't be the simulated breasts. It would be the simulated murder ^^;

Good thing I wasn't discussing which was more threatening 😛

What's wrong with having a character like Jacqui in Street Fighter?

Sanctuary

Good thing I wasn't discussing which was more threatening ��

What's wrong with having a character like Jacqui in Street Fighter?

Up until Alpha 3, they had pretty consistent character designs. Even Alpha 3 wasn't as bad as what happened with SF4 though.

Top Bottom