• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS) - 60fps to be patched in at some future point

Fredrik

Probably don’t have a choice. They have to get it out the door at this point.
Why? Who can’t wait? I can wait. I bet others can wait too. Playing an unfinished game means playing a beta. Call it an open beta then and let people play for free and help making it better. What they’re doing here is killing a new IP and I just can’t see the reason for it.

I'm feeling some "delay" strategy here.

Arkane: Hey MS, the game needs more time, we need to delay AGAIN. Also, that IGN video... OOF
Phil Clown: No way, people are gonna get angry, bad marketing for Xbox etc.
Phil Clown: You know what, tell the game is gonna 30fps on Xbox and an update is coming later (with no date)
Phil Clown: ...then, after days of backlash, we came and announce the game is delayed until "60fps" is ready, and ofc I will get all the praise > Stonks
Arkane: Okay Phil C, your call! Let's do it :messenger_grinning:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I bet the next Gears launches with a 60fps option.

They were talking about 60 FPS in their GDC presentation all the way back in 2021, and that was long before more recent UE5 updates which enable Lumen and Nanite at 60 FPS on the modern consoles.

If they don't ship their next proper game with a 60 FPS mode, that'll be much bigger news than t his.

Last edited:

Verchod

I'm purely guessing but I feel the delay from last year was because someone wanted changes that may of been fundamental. I don't think you'd delay that much just to bug fix. And maybe they've rushed to make those changes into something decent.

kyoji

A playstation fanboy (a brain cell melting Playstation fanboy too) saying Redfall is 30fps because the game is on Gamepass meaning MS dont care about standards, becauuse the game is on Gamepass.

I have lost hope with some of you.
Jaybari is a gamer. sorry if what he says hurts you though. truth hurt sometime man. And hes right xbox set up these dominos, they made this bed now they got to lay in it

kyoji

You know its bad when u have xbox fanboys making tweets like this:

I can assure you though it wasnt because he wanted to its because he figured out that his xbox peers were actually calling MS out for once, and that he is alone on his propaganda island unless he quickly pivot'd

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not sure what the relevance there is, but ok lol.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Stuart360

Jaybari is a gamer. sorry if what he says hurts you though. truth hurt sometime man. And hes right xbox set up these dominos, they made this bed now they got to lay in it
Its your channel isnt it he he. No one watches him, and after watching that video i can see why.

Clueless fanboy drivel. This has nothing to do with Gamepass.

Nydius

Gold Member
FH5's tech and performance was pristine at launch
This is pure revisionist history that can be debunked by a 5 second Google search and proves that nothing you say should be given any value.

You’re a Xbot warrior through and through.

Edit: Go ahead and laugh it up, dipshit. I’m tired of seen your Xbox can do no wrong drivel and your revisionist history bullshit, pretending like problems never happened. People have been banned for console warring for less yet you keep polluting this place. Welcome to my ignore list like every other braindead green rat.

Last edited:

Damn, this news today is coming back to bite some people in the ass hard.

This game looks mediocre and they MS can’t even get it to run 60fps. I totally assumed it was 60/120fps on Xbox based on how crappy the visuals looked. Hearing it’s 30fps at launch is insane. What happened to the monster that eats monsters for breakfast?

Ansphn

The Xbox series S conundrum is going to haunt Xbox this whole generation.

What do you do if you're in Xbox's position?

1. Allow developers to skip the Series S, your top selling console and piss off your already tiny base (tiny compared to Nintendo & PlayStation) because this potato is holding back 1st party and 3rd party games on their consoles.

2. or cater to the even smaller hardcore gamers who purchased the more powerful Series X because they wanted 12 Tera-flop, ate monsters for breakfast, world's most powerful console, RDNA, Direct X storage, etc all the B.S were were spewing to look better than PlayStation.

This is more proof that Phil Spencer is a grade A idiot. He didn't even think this would happen. His foresight as a leader is below the earth's core levels.

Last edited:

sendit

1. Connect PC to TV
  2. Connect Xbox gamepad to PC
Problem Solved. However, thinking realistically here. Who would play this game with a gamepad?

Last edited:

Stuart360

1. Allow developers to skip the Series S, your top selling console and piss off your already tiny base (tiny compared to Nintendo & PlayStation) because this potato is holding back 1st part and 3rd part games on their consoles.

2. or cater to the even smaller hardcore gamers who purchased the more powerful Series X because they wanted 12 Tera-flop, ate monsters for breakfast, world's most powerful console, RDNA, Direct X storage, etc all the B.S were were spewing to look better than PlayStation.

This is more proof that Phil Spencer is a grade A idiot. He didn't even think this would happen. His foresight as a leader is below the earth's core levels.
This is nothing to do with Series S for god sake lol.
If Series S was holding back the game it would mean MORE chance of the game hitting 60fps on XSX, think about it.

adamsapple

This is pure revisionist history that can be debunked by a 5 second Google search and proves that nothing you say should be given any value.

You’re a Xbot warrior through and through.

This non sequitur has already been covered, move on.

1. Allow developers to skip the Series S, your top selling console and piss off your already tiny base (tiny compared to Nintendo & PlayStation) because this potato is holding back 1st party and 3rd party games on their consoles.

What series S conundrum? Is there any place where it's stated that this is because of that other than forum speculation?

Last edited:

Stuart360

1. Connect PC to TV
  2. Connect Xbox gamepad to PC
Problem Solved. However, thinking realistically here. Who would play this game with a gamepad?
Thats what i already do, and i'll be using a controller too.
I actually wasnt bothered about this game really but i'm going to play it to see how easy it is to get 60fps.

Ansphn

What series S conundrum? Is there any place where it's stated that this is because of that other than forum speculation?
I just explained it dude. Where there's smoke there's fire. A wild fire at this point.

kyoji

Its your channel isnt it he he. No one watches him, and after watching that video i can see why.

Clueless fanboy drivel. This has nothing to do with Gamepass.
Not my channel, i dont stream youtube or any of that, i have a career already.

Some of you guys are so sensitive, ive said this before but xbox demise will be its own fanbase, the inferiority complex is real and thus holds some of u back from ever being constructively critical of what MS does. And thats why they continue to get away with cheap talk with little to show for results. You guys enable them.

If you think the vid is fanboy drivel and theres no truth you only prove my point, I can post some david jaffe tweets about redfall if u like? hes critical of every platform even when there is no evidence that he should be about certain things.

On one hand, the game looks like shit, legit looks like a Wii U game and should have 60FPS. The series S will be a burden on MS no doubt this gen. But Redfall doesn't even look that good visually or otherwise.

Oooooon the other hand my god gamers are the most hyperbolic, softest, dramatic, whiney bunch of babies I've ever seen. Especially about 30FPS. You'd swear they came out and said the game will come with a message on start up supporting nazi Germany and its core values. Good fucking god people. Here, twitter, and era. Just nonstop whining and bitching and complaining. If people want games to stop looking like sharper PS4/Xbox One games 60FPS is gonna go bye bye. Sorry. This will happen all over again when they announce Starfield is 30fps only.

Last edited:
You know its bad when u have xbox fanboys making tweets like this:

I can assure you though it wasnt because he wanted to its because he figured out that his xbox peers were actually calling MS out for once, and that he is alone on his propaganda island unless he quickly pivot'd

To be fair I know a few fellow Xbox fans who call things out, good people who are passionate but don’t have the followings or YouTube content to be heard

Last edited:

adamsapple

I just explained it dude. Where there's smoke there's fire. A wild fire at this point.

You just said "if it's not Series S, what is it ?" That's not an explanation.

MS is not partial to releasing games with different FPS targets. Infinite added 120hz support for Series S months after launch.

A multi-trillion dollar corporation making a game that is analogous to killing rich people? You don't get the irony?

All huge studios make "fight the power" kind of games, singling it out to one company is a bit disingenuous.

Last edited:

kyoji

A fanboy who loved Forspoken and Destruction All Stars. Wow he must have some great insight.
Hes talking about the performance of the game not about the 'fun' and this thread is about the performance of the game.

Also forspoken has a 60fps mode at launch, or did it not?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

Stuart360

If its not the Series S, what is it? Stop denying the truth just because you love Xbox.
Did you read what i posted?. If Series S was holding back the game, there would be more chance of XSX running it at 60fps, hell 120fps. Thats common sense. The game also wouldnt be 1440p on Series S either.

Honestly i'm losing hope with a lot of you, and this forum. Its just fanboy drivel in every freaking Xbox thread, and its just allowed to happen.

Every little problem in regards to Xbox is either Gamepass fault, or Series S. Its god damn tiresome at this point.

When the S was unveiled we all had some predictions about it. Some were good and some were bad. With a few years behind us we can say that the most optimistic ones didn't happen. And the most pessimistic ones have yet to happen, but are getting closer than ever.
The Series S is not the PS5 killer that some people claimed. Yet it is not ultra detrimetal to gaming like other people have said.

But here we have a game that should be by your own admission a 60 fps one, but isn't. If the Series S didn't exist, would it be easier for that 60 fps mode to happen or not?

I believe that the answer is yes. And that Microsoft is to blame for it, be it by rushing the game or mandating that the Series S must have a 1440p mode when it probably was not the plan when the game was being made a few years ago.

Top Bottom