• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are trying to sound smart yet you are clueless. For starters, Sony does develop their own studios (Team Asobi being the most recent one), but nearly every studio Sony buys out tends to be companies that work so closely with them that they were never on Xbox to begin with. They essentially were funded by Sony with most game projects, so it would make sense at some point to just buy them out. Its a completely opposite situation with Microsoft, which is essentially just sucking up third party studios that never usually made games specifically and only for Microsoft.
This.

Gudji

Noisy Pixel posted their review then took it down (seems like it was posted early by mistake), the score? 4/10!

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Nvzman

. . .clever. Console warring in a thread not likely to get much attention. Solid plan you two.
Also commenting on it passive aggressively like a snarky prick is definitely not helping either. I was just commenting on the lack of context in the users post. I don't really care otherwise. I will try Redfall on game pass and maybe enjoy it, or maybe I won't, I ultimately could not give less of a shit about reviewers opinions at this point. I have no foot in the "console war" (I own both a Series X and PS5) and will likely end up trying Redfall on PC.

Nydius

…but for MS even they do not know what they for their Xbox brand.
In my opinion, Xbox has been in an identity crisis since both Bungie and Epic wrapped up their involvement of Halo and Gears, respectively. Since then it really feels like Microsoft has been stumbling in the dark, trying to capture past glory.

Forza, both Motorsport and Horizon, has been their only constant.

In my opinion, Xbox has been in an identity crisis since both Bungie and Epic wrapped up their involvement of Halo and Gears, respectively. Since then it really feels like Microsoft has been stumbling in the dark, trying to capture past glory.

Forza, both Motorsport and Horizon, has been their only constant.
MS has all the money but they could not get the talent, R&D and invest in house engine like Sony did and created visually the best games even their games are benchmark for PC games like Uncharted, God of War, The Last of Us Part 1 (The port has issues, but graphics are amazing) etc.

It is simply a Management issue.

XXL

From reading impressions this morning, it's seems it not great AND broken.
Sweating Billy Porter GIF by Pose FX

This isn't going to score well.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Given that it's Arkane, an 8 or a 9 out of 10 because game journos are hacks with shit taste and with spines so weak they may as well not have them (and some don't).
Or...Arkane made a limp, buggy game with floating and weightless animations and combat with bullet sponges enemies that don't react at all, a world that looks unnapealing and bland, and that barely looks better than The Sims 4 which has cooler vampires to boot. Just saying.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I honestly dont know. These GaaS games come off badly in videos but there might be fun to be had here. If I had to guess id say 65-69 but my gut says it could be much higher than that if the gameplay is fun.

Zuzu

Still, gunplay and exploration stay consistently fun, thanks to the satisfaction of taking down enemies and the level design.

???
I read the review. It seemed a bit amateurish or poorly written to me. Perhaps it wasn't fully edited and isn't the final version that'll be on the website. But I don't think it was a great review personally.

feynoob

Banned
Any Xbox thread I enter on this forum is filled with the same 7-10 people, absolutely frothing at the gash for Microsoft’s failure. Do these people not have a life? Or do they actually play games?
People like to clown on companies, when they are down and praise when they are successful.

It's human nature.

Top Bottom