• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foilz

Banned
After the Jedi Survivor, why would anyone have faith and trust in the reviewers? Giving a game a 9/10 or even 10/10 in the state it is, is pure bulllshit!
This is why NO one should be deciding if they should spend their money on a product based on reviews by others. Half the shit reviews love or hate unusually find the opposite. Even if redfall is an utter mess it's on game pass. So I'll try it and if I like it I will continue playing it. My money is t being wasted in the slightest. So if it does suck I won't feel like I was robbed

Fredrik

Same. But between Dead Island 2 and Benedict Fox, I can wait a bit for this to get the performance patch soon-ish hopefully.
Didn’t like Benedict Fox, the art is unique and there is some nice metroidvania mechanics in there but there is jank in the controls and input latency and it just doesn’t feel nice to play. I beat the librarian boss and played maybe an hour more but I’m not sure I’ll keep going. Looked better in trailers than it plays imo.

Needlecrash

This is the sort of game where I distrust Youtubers, because they LOVE to jump on controversies and score games terrible scores, then they will spend 8 weeks making videos about how shit it is.

I don't expect much from the game, but one of the worst games of 2023? get a fuck outta here.
ACG posts here on GAF. I trust his judgement.

H-I-M

Any Xbox thread I enter on this forum is filled with the same 7-10 people, absolutely frothing at the gash for Microsoft’s failure. Do these people not have a life? Or do they actually play games?

You can always change of forums. Or even better, go outside?

worried-kermit.gif

gow3isben

This is the sort of game where I distrust Youtubers, because they LOVE to jump on controversies and score games terrible scores, then they will spend 8 weeks making videos about how shit it is.

I don't expect much from the game, but one of the worst games of 2023? get a fuck outta here.

It absolutely looks like one of the worst games of 2023 just like Forspoken

Little Mac

I was going to say mid 70s but after seeing some of the videos, maybe I’m being too optimistic? What a shame. Why wasn’t this delayed?

MiguelItUp

I REALLY don't understand some of the design choices made in this, it's SO bizarre to me. Especially for such a loved and reputable dev like Arkane. It just looks so lifeless, passionless, and hollow... Such a shame.

Zuzu

After seeing ACG's tweet I'm thinking this might be a bloodbath. Maybe even worse than Forspoken.

How is Benedict Fox? I was thinking of buying it, but I got mixed impressions. Like a good, but flawed product?
More like a deeply flawed and unfinished product. But if you can handle numerous flaws, there's areas of brilliance in the art design, art style, voice acting and lore.

If they ever fix it up, it's a killer title. As it sits now, most people will immediately bail.

Needlecrash

For anyone that missed the tweet from ACG:

"Redfall Review in Progress - One of the Worst Games So Far In 2023 Redfall has its fun gameplay moments but they are eaten away with every bug, odd design choice, boring skill and combat that never feels rewarding in a world that COULD be interesting, if it could ever make you care."

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
More like a deeply flawed and unfinished product. But if you can handle numerous flaws, there's areas of brilliance in the art design, art style, voice acting and lore.

If they ever fix it up, it's a killer title. As it sits now, most people will immediately bail.
That's a shame. I was looking forward it.

Guess, I'll revisit it 6 months later to see if it has improved. Thanks for the response!

Banjo64

cumsessed
Watched half of the ACG before he removed it. I can't believe how dated is this. It looks like something made with little to no budget at all.
Is this small side project, while they put all their money on something more ambitious?

- ree user

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
If Starfield disappoints as well with rumors of it coming in extremely hot, what a terrible year for MS. I think it needs another delay

Their next showcase will need to instill confidence in their future game pipeline because it’s looking pretty bleak

ungalo

I thought it would be an okay game without much charm but now it looks like it's a disaster. Such a shame for an Arkane game.

From the beginning i hated the tone and universe but i thought a real open world with the environmental storytelling and sense of details of Arkane would make up for it.

I'm sure most people will shit on Bethesda and Microsoft for this but i hope the studio (and some key people like Harvey Smith) will first and foremost question themselves.

Top Bottom