• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orbital2060

Im loaded up on herbs and drinks. Took the day off tomorrow.

img_18125tcgl.gif

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Nah but I firmly believe MS brought the idea of coop and gaas to the table.
If anything, MS probably told them to cancel the microtransactions. The game was being made prior to MS purchasing Bethesda. Bethesda was in need of money. Arkane has never sold anything. Bethesda likely asked them to make something more mainstream in the hopes of being profitable.

What we've seen from MS, in contrast, is just total hands off. For better and for worse. It's highly likely that the "gamepass effect" is going to be similar to Pentiment for Arkane. They'll be emboldened to pursue passion projects and go even more niche in the future. That's my guess.

About the only thing we know about MS influence on this game is that they gave them an extra year to work on it.

reksveks

If anything, MS probably told them to cancel the microtransactions. The game was being made prior to MS purchasing Bethesda. Bethesda was in need of money. Arkane has never sold anything. Bethesda likely asked them to make something more mainstream in the hopes of being profitable.
Didn't the first leaks look even more GAAS like?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Didn't the first leaks look even more GAAS like?
Yes, with a store. And always online is being removed too now. They also said they were purposefully trying to chase a popular trend with Deathloop being a "roguelike." This was under Bethesda, in the hopes of selling copies.

cormack12

Gold Member
This niche of games seems to be the easiest to get something that is a mild success but so many games have dropped the ball:

Godfall (again no MM in Redfall)
Rainbow 6 Extraction
Back 4 Blood
Earthfall
Anacrusis
Second Extinction

Are all cautionary tales. And those that do establish a decent sized base are kind of flash in the pan like

Zombie Army
World War Z

Personally I think Redfall will find an audience, the barrier to entry is low and when you push a game to many subscribers of a service, the chances are a decent proportion will keep it in rotation to scratch an itch which is largely missing. They only really need to retain 5% of the gamepass subscribers I'm guessing.

I'm guessing low 70s overall, but I'm gonna give it an honest go. I'm still playing through Hogwarts anyway, going into hibernation when diablo 4 drops so I don't have any strong feeling. If its crap I'll run the campaign and uninstall like B4B, if its unplayable like Anacrusis then I'll delete it right away lol

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This thread is nothing but console warring and conspiracy theories, sometimes mixed into one. Oh, and “grab the popcorn LOLILOLILILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ” GIFS/MEMES.

We should do better.

My prediction: 72-77 Metacritic when all is said and done, PC might be a bit higher or lower depending on how the game is optimized.

SolidQ

I'm want ask Arkane it's rly hard make High + 1440p = 60 fps? 2080 super perfomance like 28-30% slower than 3070ti, or microsoft sdk is sh*t?

Foilz

Banned
Unlike the review queens here I'm good with anything over 60. As long as the game is fun or has the potential to be fun. I don't need cutting edge visuals I just want it to run well and be fun. Plus it's on gamepass

Last edited:

GHG

did the first 2 reviews talk about a patch for day one or not?
this is really funny but is it with day one patch?

Finally, the remake of MoHo we've all been waiting for.

(if you know, you know, only real g's remember that game)

Last edited:

Zuzu

I'm want ask Arkane it's rly hard make High + 1440p = 60 fps? 2080 super perfomance like 28-30% slower than 3070ti, or microsoft sdk is sh*t?

The 1% lows drop below 50fps even with that gpu and cpu. If they want a fairly stutter free 60fps experience on the Series X/S then this indicates that more work needs to be done to smoothen out the experience.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Any Xbox thread I enter on this forum is filled with the same 7-10 people, absolutely frothing at the gash for Microsoft’s failure. Do these people not have a life? Or do they actually play games?
Car accidents always have people watching.

Top Bottom