• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Honestly, this kind of situation is also why Microsoft's instance on measuring "player engagement" instead of sales numbers is fundamentally flawed. There will obviously be a lot of people that play this with Game Pass. Maybe even more than usual, if the reviews are bad as people think "how bad can it be, I'll just download it for free and try it myself", then exit out after 5 minutes and boom - they're tallied the same way as a paying customer is on other platforms.

And - this game is apparently shit despite the outcry of 30fps on Series X, the always-online-single-player debates, and others that they've had weeks and months to correct (or delay the game until they could be logistically resolved).

I think until they get their head out of their asses with this kind of bullshit, the situation isn't going to improve any.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Jaffe just said live on stream he’s talked to a few embargoed reviewers and they used “dull, uninspired, and buggy” to describe it.
the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Do people on gaf actually want Xbox to fail? Serious question.

People want to see them as an actual competitor, not an anti-consumer company that routinely screws over its employees, lacks proper management of its studios, and whose only claim to fame is tossing out exorbitant wads of cash to buy studios instead of producing stuff of actual talent and care.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This. We want those baller AF early 360 years back.

OG Xbox to the first half of the 360. Those were the best times for MS. They started to fail, hard, and never actually improved in all those years. Only ever continued to give false promises, an interesting idea or two, and then renegged on those ideas with excuses of "oh we can't do that anymore".

I was a hardcore Xbox user from the original console's release to until they started to push the Kinect hard. Moved over to PS3 from that point and despite buying the Xbox One and Series X - they are worthless machines given the numerous issues, DRM pushing, advertisement shoving trash that the company keeps trying to shove down gamer's throats. Of course, we have warriors who for some retarded as fuck reason defend this crap instead of calling it out to get a better system. People need to stop accepting the status quo of mediocrity and demand better.

Nydius

Gold Member
Do people on gaf actually want Xbox to fail? Serious question.

No, and I've said as much in this thread as well as the various merger threads.

I want Xbox to do better.
I want them to use Microsoft's warchest and actually build -- not buy -- things.
I want them to embrace how they used to be at the end of the OG Xbox/beginning of the X360, before they got overly focused on Halo, Gears, and Forza at the expense of everything else.

And if they're still only capable of being in third place, I want them to accept that and keep making good products.

The problem with Xbox is Microsoft's corporate culture where they believe, like Ricky Bobby, if you ain't first, you're last.

nbkicker

I think people on gaf dont want any game to fail, ill admit even though ive owned every console from a nes and mega drive i have been more of a playstation gamer, yet for me i hate the art style and direction sony took with horizon, dont like last of us 2 , not a fan of deathloop ,and think the ps5 which i own is the most annoying in all sonys consoles with the fan noise on mine, but for me was really looking forward to playing redfall , but seing clips on youtube my hopes for this game are going down

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Need to bring back the Peter Moore and J Allard dream team
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they brought on some boring suits or bean counters from other divisions. "Vision" can only take you so far, clearly.

Profits are down, and this ship needs correcting. Even if their inspiration to do better is purely motivated by profit, I'd take it if it meant better games and more competition. Honestly at this point, I think Microsoft needs to go full third party - since they essentially are on Steam and that's earning them a ton of cash.

Krathoon

I always found it funny how indie development kind of flopped on the XBOX 360. XNA anyone? That was a solid framework, but it did not catch on. It became Monogame.

Needlecrash

I feel like this is gonna turn into another Anthem situation. Super hyped game that was SUPPOSED to be a Destiny killer, only for its destiny to be killed. Then, the sales will be bad enough that you sell copies for $5 at Five Below.

Jaybe

Gold Member
Honestly, this kind of situation is also why Microsoft's instance on measuring "player engagement" instead of sales numbers is fundamentally flawed. There will obviously be a lot of people that play this with Game Pass. Maybe even more than usual, if the reviews are bad as people think "how bad can it be, I'll just download it for free and try it myself", then exit out after 5 minutes and boom - they're tallied the same way as a paying customer is on other platforms.

And - this game is apparently shit despite the outcry of 30fps on Series X, the always-online-single-player debates, and others that they've had weeks and months to correct (or delay the game until they could be logistically resolved).

I think until they get their head out of their asses with this kind of bullshit, the situation isn't going to improve any.
Yeah I’ll finish a game like hifi rush or high on life and it unlocks a rare achievement (under 10% of players). Finished Hogwarts legacy, and the story completion % was like 64%.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I feel like this is gonna turn into another Anthem situation. Super hyped game that was SUPPOSED to be a Destiny killer, only for its destiny to be killed. Then, the sales will be bad enough that you sell copies for $5 at Five Below.
If we see the roadmap.jpg Tweet then we know it's toast

I don’t think it’s ever had that sort of pre release hype has it?

If anything it had scrutiny because it was delayed a year during a sparse release AAA schedule from Microsoft

DrFigs

I don't think this game ever got that much attention. The most i've seen people talk about it prior to now was when that terrible ign preview came up, and that was because whoever played it was terrible at the game, and not the game itself.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

People thought it was a left for dead rip off not a destiny killer.

Fake

I want the 360 era Ms back. That was a great console with great exclusives. This MS has fallen so far I personally wouldn't lose a wink if sleep if they left gaming.

Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox 360 have local splitscreen... I happy to say Xbox 360 was one of my best gaming experiences so far.

Just look at the Xbox 360 specs and tell me how that hell Valve did Splitscreen on Xbox 360 with that quantity of zombies. How Microsoft can look at Left 4 Dead for Xbox 360 and think Redfall should be acceptable on Series X.

Last edited:
Top Bottom