• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall - The Cryptid Hunter | Devinder Hero Trailer

I find it really hard to get excited about Redfall's coop since the host is the only one gaining progression apparently.

This is how a lot of coop games work.

If a game is good as SP experience, Dev's expect you to jump in and out with randoms without affecting your progress.

And if you have a set of friends with whom you will play entire game, then that doesn't matter who get to keep the save. You will be playing the whole thing with them anyways. This is how I plan to play.

Orbital2060

I find it really hard to get excited about Redfall's coop since the host is the only one gaining progression apparently.
Oof, thats a bummer if so.

So probably no host migration or anything like that? If the host leaves or loses connection, the instance is dead.

Oof, thats a bummer if so.

So probably no host migration or anything like that? If the host leaves or loses connection, the instance is dead.

Yes.

How else will you design it?

Say you played with a friend but couldn't join next day. Then you could join the next day, so you have 1 day gap.

If everyone will get save file, game will assume you played the day you were absent.

Orbital2060

Yes.

How else will you design it?

Say you played with a friend but couldn't join next day. Then you could join the next day, so you have 1 day gap.

If everyone will get save file, game will assume you played the day you were absent.
It depends on the game design, and having said that I dont even know what kind of coop its going to be in Redfall. If you only get booted back to your own gameworld I guess its ok. Back4Blood had host migration but thats level based and Redfall is an open-world game. Maybe it works like in State of Decay, where you host a session but then you can run around in the same big envionment. And not just a single level. There was no host migration in Warhammer Vermintide 2, which sucked because the screen went dark and you got booted back to tte title or hub with nothing left for the effort, if the host left. But thats also level based and not open world.

jm89

metacritic will be in the 80s. Come back to this post and laugh at me if im wrong.
200w.gif

Top Bottom