• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: The Marvels (2023)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's very possible for the movie to get a standing ovation. When I went, my date and I were the only ones there. It was fun enough to watch but we were joking around the whole time so that probably made it more enjoyable. I think they missed an opportunity when Rambeau was closing the rift for her to say "I'll be back before you know it" to REALLY make Carol feel like shit, haha.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I guarantee you they are going to pivot the whole thing with Fantastic Four, and Doom will become the big bad of a renamed Avengers 5. That'll then lead into Secret Wars with Avengers 6.

God Emperor Doom? Yes please!

rBPu6CK.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
I guarantee you they are going to pivot the whole thing with Fantastic Four, and Doom will become the big bad of a renamed Avengers 5. That'll then lead into Secret Wars with Avengers 6.

The irony is that they CUT Doom out of Black Panther 2. Lake Bell's character was working for Doom to find Vibranium in the ocean, and they cut out a credits stinger where that was revealed when she reported to him in Latveria.

MayauMiao

This movie is now seriously on track to be one of the biggest box office disasters of all time. Its weekday performance has been horrendous. It barely cracked 1 million dollars on Thursday - a week out from release. It's now tracking for a sub X2 multiplier. Good chance it won't crack 100 million total domestic.

Utter rejection by the audience. Not down to the marketing, the strike or anything else, other than absolute audience apathy with this shit.

Meanwhile, “The Marvels” is facing a steep tumble in its second outing. The Marvel Studios production earned $2.8 million on Friday, down a staggering 87% from its opening day last week. It’ll be lucky to hit $10 million in its sophomore outing.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

87% drop in its second week? Damn, racism and misogyny run deep among US movie goers. Marvel, and every other studio, needs to push through the noise and ensure that more Nia DaCostas, Brie Larsons, Iman Vellanis and Teyonah Parrises, as well as folks across the gender and racial spectrum, have the opportunity to make comic book films.

:messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_grinning_sweat:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Oh yeah I remember reading that a long time ago and loving it

Been a long time since I forgot about that Panel lol

Hickman's run on Avengers and his Secret Wars were Marvel comics at its finest.

If they follow Hickman's story for Secret Wars and bring in God Emperor Doom, I'll be in the cinema day one.

Billbofet

87% drop in its second week? Damn, racism and misogyny run deep among US movie goers. Marvel, and every other studio, needs to push through the noise and ensure that more Nia DaCostas, Brie Larsons, Iman Vellanis and Teyonah Parrises, as well as folks across the gender and racial spectrum, have the opportunity to make comic book films.

:messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Wow, that Huffpost article reads like a Babylon Bee article. Holy shit. "Marvel needs to push through" after losing probably $3-400M and continue to make this bullshit that nobody wants?!?!?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They just delayed everything except Deadpool a year.
Seem wise although it will have references it's not tied directly to the MCU and can operate outside but influence the MCU, just like Spider-Man.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Did they blame the Jews too?

ThisIsMyDog

Wow, that Huffpost article reads like a Babylon Bee article. Holy shit. "Marvel needs to push through" after losing probably $3-400M and continue to make this bullshit that nobody wants?!?!?
Look at her other article, she is just mentally ill person, nothing to see here.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Seem wise although it will have references it's not tied directly to the MCU and can operate outside but influence the MCU, just like Spider-Man.

It's tied directly to the MCU and is the direct setup for Secret Wars and a sequel to Loki.

The story is:
The TVA picks up Deadpool for what he was doing with Cable's time machine. They're putting together an army of heroes from dying universes to fight the Kangs. Deadpool tries to recruit Wolverine.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

It's tied directly to the MCU and is the direct setup for Secret Wars and a sequel to Loki.

The story is:
The TVA picks up Deadpool for what he was doing with Cable's time machine. They're putting together an army of heroes from dying universes to fight the Kangs. Deadpool tries to recruit Wolverine.
This I will go to the movies for.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The story is:

Jesus Christ, that sounds fucking awful. Deadpool is meant to be the one taking the piss out of the idiotic, convoluted story, not be a part of it. And why the fuck are they folding in the TVA? Nobody gives a shit about that, outside the rapidly shrinking Disney Plus audience.

Great, they’ve fucked Deadpool to prop up their shitty TV shows. I knew getting bought by Disney would screw it up.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

The story is:

I think that sounds awesome.

peish

The irony is that they CUT Doom out of Black Panther 2. Lake Bell's character was working for Doom to find Vibranium in the ocean, and they cut out a credits stinger where that was revealed when she reported to him in Latveria.

What so special about this doom guy? A lot of hype he is better than Kang, but guy in iron mask back story sounds like Kang with a bit of magic

MayauMiao

What so special about this doom guy? A lot of hype he is better than Kang, but guy in iron mask back story sounds like Kang with a bit of magic

Unlike Kang, Doom has yet to be humiliated.

Kang was beaten by ants and it went downhill from there.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
They're not going to Hunger Games either. No one wanted a prequel to a dead franchise.
Songbirds is performing near expectations and will easily turn a profit. The Marvels will be on the list of biggest bombs in Hollywood history.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Songbirds is performing near expectations and will easily turn a profit. The Marvels will be on the list of biggest bombs in Hollywood history.

Just wait for Wish. It's already at 50 on RT and that's BEFORE the boycotts begin over it being a movie about a Hispanic girl trying to kill God.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Disney made an anime?

No they made a woke fairy tale. The main character is a Hispanic girl trying to kill the evil white man God (who's based on Trump). It's also just a boring Easter Egg hunt that references other Disney movies and being trashed in reviews. It could bomb bigger than Strange World did.

DKehoe

No they made a woke fairy tale. The main character is a Hispanic girl trying to kill the evil white man God (who's based on Trump). It's also just a boring Easter Egg hunt that references other Disney movies and being trashed in reviews. It could bomb bigger than Strange World did.
I was just joking because of the “kill God” part.

Top Bottom