• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

FrankT

MGS5 multiplet fine by me. As for Rising still excited and maybe a bit more if this rings true. Development now should be a good two years so interesting development if so.

Kagari said:
Kojima has had little involvement on the project from the start.

Maybe he had little creative involvement (or not, after all it's his baby), but it's developed by the company he oversees.
The timing is a little off though.

jett

D-Member
LqNt6.jpg

What's Getsuhumaden? An old Konami game, that looks like this

300px-Getsu_fuma_den_boxart.png

What does that remind you of huhuhuh

Zeliard

Krev said:
Everyone is assuming that Kamiya being behind it means it will be a Bayonetta clone. Kamiya is quite a versatile director. There's no reason that it can't be a mix of speed-based stealth gameplay and sword action.
I'm imagining this with a Vanquish-style boost (to move past guards) and a lot of wall-jumping and craziness, and I'm liking the idea a lot.

What bringing Kamiya and PG in does is ensure the core gameplay will be strong and highly responsive. I've also seen no reason to believe the guy can't incorporate significant stealth elements into a game. He certainly is a very versatile director.

Ra1den

I'm torn on Rising overall, on one hand we have Kojima letting it be known in that Famitsu interview that he was not pleased it was being made, and on the other I really want more Raiden action, particularly to see what he did exactly after MGS2. Kojima needs to stay invovled, though, or it may as well just be cancelled.

Zeliard

Ra1den said:
I'm torn on Rising overall, on one hand we have Kojima letting it be known in that Famitsu interview that he was not pleased it was being made, and on the other I really want more Raiden action, particularly to see what he did exactly after MGS2. Kojima needs to stay invovled, though, or it may as well just be cancelled.

Leave Kamiya to his own devices and you know he'll make something spectacular regardless.

Dahbomb

This is like the DmC to NT news....

Only in reverse mode meaning this news is actually FUCKING GODLIKE!

HYPE RISING!

And this qualifies as a genuine "MEGATON".

Gilgamesh

No matter what Kamiya is working on, I'm excited for it. He'll either make Rising into the game Konami never could or he'll blow us away with another original game. Win win.

iavi

Dahbomb said:
This is like the DmC to NT news....

Only in reverse mode meaning this news is actually FUCKING GODLIKE!

HYPE RISING!

And this qualifies as a genuine "MEGATON".

Not till confirmed. Not till confirmation...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How sad is it that I can't even read this fucking garbage? What's with the RT and the @ and the crap everywhere? What is his comment, and what is garbage internet shitheads' comments (minus our lovely wario, of course)?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Y2Kev said:
How sad is it that I can't even read this fucking garbage? What's with the RT and the @ and the crap everywhere? What is his comment, and what is garbage internet shitheads' comments (minus our lovely wario, of course)?

I thought you used Twitter? Then who the hell did I add?!?

https://twitter.com/#!/y2kev

Y2Kev said:

lol I feel the same way. I hate twitter. *rage*

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Y2Kev said:
Firs sentence is the response. Everything following RT (retweet) is the original comment. "@name" is the username.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Y2Kev said:
Anything after RT is what he's responding to, which means I should probably make new thread about his new game unveiling soon.

Edit:

Actually, could someone else? I have to jump into Terraria and help someone quick.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Y2Kev said:

His opinion is the part before it says RT.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Zeliard said:
lol @ Y2Kev

I feel the same way. It's just an eyesore.
The new UI lets you just respond then people can click on it to see where the chain went, but Kamiya is still doing it old style.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
opticalmace said:
As someone who has never played Bayonetta can someone tell me why this is awesome news?

Others have answered, but the simple reason is that Kamiya gets 3D melee action gaming more than anybody else.

Mechanically, Bayonetta is the apex of it's genre. The fighting mechanics allow for a wide variety of combos and depth, and you're always in control. There's no button mashy nonsense, garbage collision detection, and cheap attacks. You, the player, are in total control of what is happening on screen. The combination of the various attacks and ability to chain combos can be drastically altered by simply selecting a new weapon.

In depth, it's as close to a legitimate 3D 'fighting game' as any game has gotten. In style, it's fucking stupid over the top awesome full of huge set pieces and wild scenarios.

Kamiya is highly versatile when it comes game design though, so this doesn't necessarily mean MG Rising would be Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. But it does mean that the melee fighting mechanics, which we know play are part in the game, are literally in the best hands they could possibly be in.

I'm really not a big Metal Gear fan, so I haven't been overly hyped for Rising (though still would have got it as I have with every past Metal Gear game), but Kamiya at the helm elevates the game to god status.

ferr

Majukun said:
so the rumor is already proven to be fake?
Really? I read that as confirmation. Being coy with a reference to an obscure Konami game with a character that could be Raiden's clone.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever the dev is, Rising will be amazing. Platinum Games would just deliver a much more solid experience in gameplay. Would the story be affected if the game got transferred to them?

Duffyside

Banned
Dr Eggman said:
Whoever the dev is, Rising will be amazing. Platinum Games would just deliver a much more solid experience in gameplay. Would the story be affected if the game got transferred to them?
Yes, before Kamiya Raiden's outfit was high-tech, future nano-type-stuff. Now Raiden's suit is made out of his pube hairs.

Zomba13

When I googled Getsuhumaden all I got was twitter stuff from Kamiya. Apparently he wants to remake it when he was asked about a Kamiya/Kojima collab.

Zeliard

Dr Eggman said:

I'm curious how it would work actually. I think they would still use Shinkawa's character art, and I have to imagine Kojima will play a part in developing the storyline and characters (which are probably already done to a large degree).

Kojima hasn't said much but it could be the issues with his team's work on Rising (if that's what it is) were gameplay-related, and that's why they're bringing in Kamiya and company. But that's just a guess.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ferr said:
Really? I read that as confirmation. Being coy with a reference to an obscure Konami game with a character that could be Raiden's clone.

It could be read like "Great honor (that would be), but (no, I'm not) I would prefer (to work on) Getsuhu-maden (mentioned due to its main character similarity with Raiden and for being a Konami game)"

Or "Great honor (it is to be working on MGS Rising), but (to tell you the truth) I would prefer (to work on) Getsuhu-maden".

I think the first interpretation makes more sense, but then again my source lying to me doesn't.

Anyway...

*tightens security - moves family to secret place*

I'm actually at chapter XII of Bayonetta right now and it's been a pretty fun experience so far. The one thing that detracts from it all is the price of items. Most of this stuff is going to take several completions before I can get it all. Even that can't get in the way of a game that is essentially the best of any action games I have played in a while. I never played any other DmC besides DmC4 and this game has just blown it completely out of the water.

I have yet to play Vanquish, but it's definitely in my radar. Also, those Steam rumors had better be true. I loved playing MGS3 and the others were pretty good. Having them on Steam would be a great thing for PC gamers and the franchise as a whole.
Y2Kev said:
I've never been able to read the damned thing either. It's all a bunch of gibberish to me.

:/

Totally random, bored, listened to an old episode of the Soundtest and at the end of a PeaceWalker track Ray said the soundtrack includes guest composers including one who worked on Bayonetta.

ferr

TTP said:
It be read like "Great honor (that would be), but (no, I'm not) I would prefer (to work on) Getsuhu-maden (mentioned due to its main character similarity with Raiden and for being a Konami game)"

Or "Great honor (it is to be working on MGS Rising), but (to tell you the truth) I would prefer (to work on) Getsuhu-maden".

I think the first interpretations makes more sense, but than again my source lying to me doesn't.

Anyway...

*tightens security - moves family to secret place*
Well I read it as "I'm not allowed to tell you anything, but I am a funny guy and I will tease you with my clever wit by referencing a game with similar elements"

But anyway the big news is that Deep Fear 2 is happening.. FINALLY!

ferr

robut said:
Totally random, bored, listened to an old episode of the Soundtest and at the end of a PeaceWalker track Ray said the soundtrack includes guest composers including one who worked on Bayonetta.
Wait a second.. Ray.. Ray den.. confirmed.

oops posted too quick

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
duffyside said:
Yes, before Kamiya Raiden's outfit was high-tech, future nano-type-stuff. Now Raiden's suit is made out of his pube hairs.
Meh, would prefer naked.

mattp

i just went from not caring about rising at all really(im a HUGE mgs fan) to OMFG WOW YES

kamiya can do no wrong

Top Bottom