• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Konosuke

beastmode said:
I'm really doubting MGS4 on PC since I'm pretty sure the reason Sony went with that stupid Cell processor was to deter people from making ports to other platforms.
Didn't other multicore platforms like the 360 benefit from PS3 centric development? I think it was Criterion who said this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
onken said:
Heh I love it when exclusive games go multiplatform and all the complaints about it suddenly don't seem so important any more for some reason.

Dont worry. A whole new audiance will get to experience the trainwreck that is MGS4, this time in true 1080p.

Ports sounds WAY more likely than remakes. That being said, it took the god of war people only about 2 months to fully "hd-ize" the original two GoW games. I know that 2 of the guys I work with would be completely blown away by the hype due to the fact that they are pc/xbox 360 owners.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Onion_Relish said:
Ports sounds WAY more likely than remakes. That being said, it took the god of war people only about 2 months to fully "hd-ize" the original two GoW games. I know that 2 of the guys I work with would be completely blown away by the hype due to the fact that they are pc/xbox 360 owners.

I think TTP corrected the "remake" part and said it would be ports.

If they're straight ports, I just hope I can run them windowed and use my pad natively

granted this is all true, of course lol

It's hard to believe that those games would end up on Steam of all places. It's likely that there will be an HD remake of the PS2 games on PS3, since that's an easy cash grab, and Konami wants the series to be multiplat so it's not a stretch for them to be on 360 as well and maybe PC (if Rising is still alive and really is planned for a PC release).

MGS1 seems questionable, but possible, but MGS4 won't happen.

I mean I guess the steam rumor could be true. Rising was announced for the PC as well. Would make sense to have them all up there.

I still don't believe this.

Anth0ny

Wario64 said:
lol wut. Kojima and Kamiya having a Twitter conversation? MGS RISING PLATINUM CONFIRMED

https://twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya/statuses/73983978058690561

"I have not written in a long time. The uproar in the streets and I like the moon maker of my Warriors! RT @Kojima_Hideo: How are you? It is been a while. @PG_kamiya"

Kojima:

troll-dance.gif

Kamiya:

will-troll.png

Snuggler said:

If they're straight ports, I just hope I can run them windowed and use my pad natively

It's hard to believe that those games would end up on Steam of all places. It's likely that there will be an HD remake of the PS2 games on PS3, since that's an easy cash grab, and Konami wants the series to be multiplat so it's not a stretch for them to be on 360 as well and maybe PC (if Rising is still alive and really is planned for a PC release).

Its good when you can just adjust the rumour to make it more believable!

onken

It would be funny if the Steam version of MGS4 came with achievements.

Also, didn't MS publish MGS1 on PC? I wonder if they still have an oar in all this.

bhlaab

Snuggler said:

MGS1 and 2 already had PC ports (bad ones) though I agree I really don't see MGS4 going anywhere.

But even a baseless rumor that MGS3 is coming to PC is enough to make me happy

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Chuck Norris said:

Good post, Chuck, but that's the thing with rumors. They are often a distorted version of the truth. I'm just trying to work my way to the gooey center.

MGS1 and 2 already had PC ports (bad ones)

This is true, but like you said, they are bad ones. They aren't on any DD service and aren't ready to go on modern hardware, so it wouldn't hurt to try again.

beastmode

Chuck Norris said:
?
TTP said:
I wrote "remakes" cos I assume you have to re-write engines and what not for a PC release no? An emulator would do for MGS1,2,3 but for 4? Besides, some MGS games have already been released for PC afaik.

Source just said they are coming to Steam. Didn't specify in what form.

JABEE

Wario64 said:
lol wut. Kojima and Kamiya having a Twitter conversation? MGS RISING PLATINUM CONFIRMED

https://twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya/statuses/73983978058690561

"I have not written in a long time. The uproar in the streets and I like the moon maker of my Warriors! RT @Kojima_Hideo: How are you? It is been a while. @PG_kamiya"
Is there anyway to translate twitter without having to go through Google translate for everything?

Edit: I'm surprised this news hasn't hit any mainstream sites.

Ra1den

This is like Persona 2, rumors becoming reality(if it is real lolz)...I wonder what the next rumor should be? If Konami can hand Rising over to platinum, then certainly Capcom can hand DMC5 to them also! After DMC bombs of course.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
JABEE said:
It is unusual for blatantly false rumors to not spread like wildfire on gaming blogs.

pirata

Hmmm...this is crazy, but it kinda makes sense. Also, the thing about the next MGS being on NGP reminded me of something that Kojima said recently. Wasn't he talking about how great it would be if one could play a PS3 game and continue it on the go? Could this next Metal Gear game be an example of that? It would be crazy to expect people to buy two versions of the game just for that purpose, so maybe the NGP version could somehow be discounted or even free with purchase of the PS3 version...would that even be possible?

EDIT:

Ra1den said:
This is like Persona 2, rumors becoming reality(if it is real lolz).

I hope to God our faces don't start melting...

JABEE said:

Honestly I wouldn't report it until at least partially sure of the validity of the rumor. It's something both too big and too crazy.

antonz

pirata said:
Hmmm...this is crazy, but it kinda makes sense. Also, the thing about the next MGS being on NGP reminded me of something that Kojima said recently. Wasn't he talking about how great it would be if one could play a PS3 game and continue it on the go? Could this next Metal Gear game be an example of that? It would be crazy to expect people to buy two versions of the game just for that purpose, so maybe the NGP version could somehow be discounted or even free with purchase of the PS3 version...would that even be possible?
That would decimate the NGP on software sales and set a precedent other Publishers would want to avoid for sure.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VisanidethDM said:
Honestly I wouldn't report it until at least partially sure of the validity of the rumor. It's something both too big and too crazy.

I did!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
TheOddOne said:
This sounds redonkulous. How much fate does OP have in this source? What has he or she confirmed before?

His source could very well be a total liar, but we know TTP is a legit dude. He wouldn't post this for no reason.

TheOddOne

Snuggler said:
His source could very well be a total liar, but we know TTP is a legit dude. He wouldn't post this for no reason.
Yeah, TTP would not post something too crazy. Still if we knew what this source has confirmed in the past, we might know how valid this is.

The 3DS thing doesn't make sense unless they are confusing it with Snake Eater. Although I was secretly hoping Peace Walker was coming to 3DS when I first heard the news that MGS5 was hitting the system.

EatChildren

Is TTP even real? Is NeoGAF real? What is this, where am I? What does this mean?

EatChildren

I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long without a ponyocalypse.

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
do you?

do you?

wait - are you the source

TELL US NOW

GIVE US THE INFORMATION

-slowclap-

so, you figured it out?

congratulations, pc gamers. mgs4 will be uploaded to steam servers. enjoy gaming while you can.

Top Bottom