• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, how many packs have you gone through now, TTP?

Cipherr

Big One said:
MGS4 on Steam?

Yeah enjoy your 40 GB download

Is that supposed to be something PC gamers would fear? Not everyone is fucked by monthly bandwidth caps and shitty connection speed. 40GB wouldnt be a problem at all. OTOH they couldnt get me to play MGS4, let alone buy it again for anything, so its moot really. I'd go for 1 again though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
EatChildren said:
So, how many packs have you gone through now, TTP?

Just finished the last one (of two). I'm out of nicotine now and it's 5AM here.

Guess this is a good time to go try catch some sleep. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
MGS:R by PG is probably the most believe one in that article.

TTP said:
Just finished the last one (of two). I'm out of nicotine now and it's 5AM here.

Guess this is a good time to go try catch some sleep. :D
Yeah, get some sleep.
You'll never wake up again.

Kaizer

Banned
Holy shit! The E3 hype train is exceeding capacity. Good lawd next week can't come soon enough. I was already excited for Rising, but this just took it to another level.

Zeal

Banned
bring this shit with Move support and it would move a million Move starter kits. and play godlike.

praise Umbasa this game is alive. OP, you're now legendary.

Jintor

I initially thought his tweets were denying the rumours, but now I think Kamiya is totally trolling the shit out of us. Awesome.

I honestly just want Konami to confirm the Peace Walker PS3 Remaster is not dead. Rising always looked interesting and I'd no doubt buy it day 1, but the remaster is what I care about. Of course, MGS5 would make scream like a giddy school girl if confirmed.

Zeliard said:
TTP will wake up to find the Internet on fire with his rumors.

I am on fire with these rumors. Shit, look at Kamiya's last five games: RE2, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Bayonetta. That's 5 of the most badass action heroes in gaming history right there (yeah it took Mikami to make Leon completely badass but still). Cyber Ninja Raiden's cutscenes were the most holy shit moments of MGS4, if anyone can make a game live up to those it's this guy.

TTP, if you're wrong I won't be even be mad. It's dreams and hype like this that makes being a message board fiend fun :)

thcsquad said:
So it's not just because the main character is named Solid Snake? Umm, okay...

Yes. It's widely known the Solid subtitle is due to the jump to 3D. As was said before, Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, as well as the non-canon Snake's Revenge all existed and starred Snake well before the Solid Series.

:O

so what happened to the team that was originally making MGS:Rising? development hell got too much for them..?

hmm hmm hmm.. don't know if i believe all of this... MGS4 on Steam... hmmmm..

Zeliard

robut said:
I am on fire with these rumors. Shit, look at Kamiya's last five games: RE2, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Bayonetta. That's 5 of the most badass action heroes in gaming history right there (yeah it took Mikami to make Leon completely badass but still). Cyber Ninja Raiden's cutscenes were the most holy shit moments of MGS4, if anyone can make a game live up to those it's this guy.

Damn right. Kamiya is one of my favorite game designers and I can't wait for his next title regardless of what it is.

Nope, not interested in Rising jumping to the the stylish action buttonmasher genre. Maybe if Kamiya stuck with the original game concept, art style and engine. Everything else he can do as he likes.

CosmicGroinPull said:
Nope, not interested in Rising jumping to the the stylish action buttonmasher genre. Maybe if Kamiya stuck with the original game concept, art style and engine. Everything else he can do as he likes.
Kamiya can do more than DMC and Bayo. I would love to see his take on a stealth-action game.

jackdoe

Hahahaha. Porting a seven year old, PS2 exclusive game, to the PC of all places, is the most laughable idea ever. As is porting MGS4 to the PC.

jett

D-Member
-Winnie- said:
On the MGS on Steam rumour...

http://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/64981980676231168

So who would give Kojima a Portal 2 guidebook? *gaspflail*
Could be from anybody but who cares

kermit.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
-Winnie- said:
On the MGS on Steam rumour...

http://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/64981980676231168

So who would give Kojima a Portal 2 guidebook? *gaspflail*
Could be from anybody but who cares

I love how every developer, no matter who they are and what they make, like Valve. Even Miyamoto counted Portal as one of his favourite games of that year.

jackdoe said:
Hahahaha. Porting a seven year old, PS2 exclusive game, to the PC of all places, is the most laughable idea ever. As is porting MGS4 to the PC.
Why not? The series is huge and throwing ports up on Steam would cost barely anything and bring in some decent revenue for Konami. It's stupid not to do it really.

Also Platinum making Rising? Gimme gimme gimme.

Duffyside

Banned
Remember when people praised the Raiden x Vamp fight, but at the same time lamented it as "I wish I could play it, but I know it's impossible to do something that awesome in gameplay"?

Konami has found a way...

jackdoe

Shalashaska161 said:
Why not? The series is huge and throwing ports up on Steam would cost barely anything and bring in some decent revenue for Konami. It's stupid not to do it really.
SMH. PS2's unique architecture makes the porting process for a PS2 exclusive cost more than "barely anything". Granted, Konami is stupid enough of a company to do this, but if they do, I'll laugh at their over dependence on MGS.

TreIII

duffyside said:
Remember when people praised the Raiden x Vamp fight, but at the same time lamented it as "I wish I could play it, but I know it's impossible to do something that awesome in gameplay"?

Konami has found a way...

Yep. Through perhaps the one man and development team who could actually stand to render such a thing in-game.

jackdoe

TreIII said:
Yep. Through perhaps the one man and development team who could actually stand to render such a thing in-game.
This is a very left field rumor, coupled with some even more off the wall rumors. I pretty much don't believe anything from TTP's source.

bhlaab

Great news is true but forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Don't know how well they'd control without pressure sensitive buttons though

beastmode

I'm really doubting MGS4 on PC since I'm pretty sure the reason Sony went with that stupid Cell processor was to deter people from making ports to other platforms.

However, I think MGS1 & 2 would be easy, just take the old PC versions and tweak them to run on Windows 7 64bit if they have any compatibility issues then send the files to Valve. I'd really like MGS3 but I'm not sure how easy it is to port from PS2 to PC, though I would assume it's easier than PS2-PS3 lol.

bhlaab

jackdoe said:
This is a very left field rumor, coupled with some even more off the wall rumors. I pretty much don't believe anything from TTP's source.

It's 100% reliable. He said so!

onken

Heh I love it when exclusive games go multiplatform and all the complaints about it suddenly don't seem so important any more for some reason.

ezekial45

Banned
I must say, i'm very to think about the prospect of a Kamiya stealth action game. He hasn't done stealth game before, but he's managed to knock it out of the park with every other genre he's worked on (Survival Horror, Action, Action/Adventure).

Lince

Banned
beastmode said:
I'm really doubting MGS4 on PC since I'm pretty sure the reason Sony went with that stupid Cell processor was to deter people from making ports to other platforms.

MGS4 doesn't look like particularly tailored to the Cell strengths at all, I remember reading somewhere that the MGS4 engine uses pretty basic and unoptimized multi-threading (low SPU usage, not helping rendering at all) compared to most recent 1st party Sony exclusives, gotta find that link. I bet a PC port would run beautifully on a cheap quad-core with a half-decent GPU setup.

Top Bottom