• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

JCreasy

AgentChris said:
This is an awesome crossover.

Kojima Productions does the tech and Platinum does everything else?

This, this right hear ladies and gentlemen, could be the marriage of the century.

Talk about a brilliant symbiotic relationship, jeebus. Just considering it makes my toes curl.

Kamiya is the Shane Black of the videogame universe . . .

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wario64 said:
CARNIVAL OF STUPID IN FULL EFFECT

caps and stuff, but for the most part people have been reasonable

this isn't quite like A NEXT METAL GEAR

grains of salt are going like hot cakes

EatChildren said:
I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long without a ponyocalypse.
WHAT THE HELL MAN! You jinxed it! It'll be locked within another 2 pages now. :(

Anyone who speaks Japanese done a proper translation of that Kojima tweet?

Ra1den

Thinking about this further, does this seem like something Kamiya would want to do? Isn't one of the reasons he left Capcom because he was tired of Capcom churning out sequels/wanted to get more creative? And not only is this a sequel of sorts, it's for somebody else's franchise.

Wario64 said:
CARNIVAL OF STUPID IN FULL EFFECT

KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS + PLATINUM'S NEXT GAMES SELL MORE THAN CALL OF DUTY!

THE NEXT FINAL FANTASY BIGGER THAN WoW!

3DS MARIO GAME MORE POPULAR THAN FACEBOOK!

JAPAN TAKES OVER!!!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
This makes sense. Wonder how long it would be until it comes out though. At least this means Kojima Productions is free to work on something else. ZOE3 or something entirely new, please.

Teetris said:
You think they'll skip the official numbering to 6?

Yeah, there's going to be a Metal Gear Solid 5: Something Something game without a doubt. In fact, Something Something sounds like a good name for Kojima's ramblings. *hides*

eso76

sounds like lots of wishful thinking, i don't believe a word.
But i guess we'll find out soon enough

pirata

False alarm, everyone! It turns out the big news at the Konami Conference will be the new Metal Gear Soda flavor, Raiden Raspberry! Mmmm, raspberry!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Momo said:
If they call it "5" I will be pretty angry. I know it's petty, but fuck it.
If they do bring Peace Walker to PS3 it just might happen, small chance but ya never know

pirata said:
False alarm, everyone! It turns out the big news at the Konami Conference will be the new Metal Gear Soda flavor, Raiden Raspberry! Mmmm, raspberry!

Oh my god, it just occurred to me - what if they give the game to Tak Fuji instead? How awesome would that be?

pirata

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Oh my god, it just occurred to me - what if they give the game to Tak Fuji instead? How awesome would that be?

No, Tak Fuji is too busy being the new voice of Raiden.

Alx

I don't really care about the regular MGS games, but Kamiya working on the hack'n slash spin off is great news for me. I have complete trust in him and Platinum, hopefully the MGS brand will help sell this game by millions and let them earn the money they deserve. :)

TreIII

Ra1den said:
Thinking about this further, does this seem like something Kamiya would want to do? Isn't one of the reasons he left Capcom because he was tired of Capcom churning out sequels/wanted to get more creative? And not only is this a sequel of sorts, it's for somebody else's franchise.

Kamiya has said and otherwise implied on more than one occasion that he doesn't have a problem at all with the notion of doing sequels. And going by how he's also said he'd like to do sequels for games ranging from StarFox, Getsu Fuuma Den and other various (retro) games, I guess it's safe to presume that he wouldn't be adverse to working on "established brands", either.

54-46!

Wow.. actually makes me interested in Rising, though I would rather have Platinum/Kamiya work on a brand new IP.

Kuraudo

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Anyone who speaks Japanese done a proper translation of that Kojima tweet?

"Left my keys at work again. Security had already locked up when I got back. Wife not home for two hours. It's starting to rain. fml"

rvy

Banned
Kuraudo said:
"Left my keys at work again. Security had already locked up when I got back. Wife not home for two hours. It's starting to rain. fml"
Hah, he actually said fuck my life? That's pretty cute.

rikichi

Let me get this straight, on top of getting a rising game directed by kamiya, we're also getting 2 new MGS games? Peace walker remake and MGS5??

Fuck

I wonder how Platinum Games felt when they were given the opportunity to work on such a prestigious franchise.

Papa Sega probably said: "Children, put down your Mega Bloks... and come and play with this Lego instead"

HYDE

Banned
Remember when people were talking about Kamiya making a new Shinobi?

I just think the rumor is too good to be true.

I'd love a new Shinobi or Ninja Raiden by Kamiya, but I'm to scared to set myself up for disappointment.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
either way, Kamiya is probably making something cool

hopefully it's a Max Payne-esque third person shooter starring the weird Joe Pesci guy from Bayonetta

Gravijah

Snuggler said:

hopefully it's a Max Payne-esque third person shooter starring the weird Joe Pesci guy from Bayonetta

School sim starring Cereza.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Snuggler said:

Devil's third then

Chiggs

Gold Member
JCreasy said:
Kamiya is the Shane Black of the videogame universe . . .

Faint praise considering Black had Hollywood at his disposal at one point in time and didn't do much after his initial success.

Top Bottom