• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorpio.

Should statham be allowed to return to NeoGAF after his grandstanding account suicide in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 63 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 26.5%
  • If he begs

Votes: 73 39.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
calling an autistic person pathetic for not having a social circle in real life

Good thing he didn't do that, then! It was a comment in regards to him claiming his only social life exists only on Era specifically. While I wouldn't agree that makes him pathetic, I don't think it's fair to extrapolate Scopa's statement to mean that it's pathetic to simply not have a social circle in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned
You have to deprogram these people and that is only going to come with a proper ethering. They need to be exposed to a little corrective bullying and exposed to more ideas than what were in their little echo chamber.

Then again, I am of the opinion that one shouldn't be able to block out hearing voices they don't like. Ignore features on forums and social media are a big part of why things have gotten the way they are these days.

I agree. Liberal use of the ignore function produces JareBear and Hotspurr.

TrainedRage

Banned
you do realize that one of the main traits of autism is lack of social awareness which results in social isolation. this isnt just someone being introverted or shy because they are a loser on a video game forum. this is a person who was born with a lack of awareness both you and i take for granted. calling an autistic person pathetic for not having a social circle in real life is not only callous but one of the worst things i've read on any forum.
Yeah as someone who devoted my life to children and people with special needs it’s pretty weird how many people don’t understand.

However it’s a spectrum and Tay seems pretty high functioning. Also over the internet you have time to respond and plan your conversation.

It should not be some negative insult to be edgy.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

iGV4pSL.jpg

I agree. Liberal use of the ignore function produces JareBear and Hotspurr.
tfw put on ignore for making a TLoU joke.

Cato

Banned
Yeah as someone who devoted my life to children and people with special needs it’s pretty weird how many people don’t understand.

However it’s a spectrum and Tay seems pretty high functioning. Also over the internet you have time to respond and plan your conversation.

I am always skeptical when I hear people self-diagnose and claim they are autistic. Especially when in all other regards they seem to be fully functioning. Maybe snowflake, but still fully functioning.

Remember, every special snowflake used to self-diagnose as AssBurger to be "special" a few years back.
This was before being gender-fluid became the trend for showing how special you were.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I am always skeptical when I hear people self-diagnose and claim they are autistic. Especially when in all other regards they seem to be fully functioning. Maybe snowflake, but still fully functioning.

Remember, every special snowflake used to self-diagnose as AssBurger to be "special" a few years back.
This was before being gender-fluid became the trend for showing how special you were.
I get where you are coming from. Yeah, it’s hard to tell if people are telling the truth online. However even if it’s a self diagnosis, out of respect for people who have ASD I feel like people should be aware. That’s all.

You don’t need to use the disability as a crutch for criticism. In the same vein you don’t need to be a dick, making fun of people with disabilities.

So I mean do you. But my advice is you catch more flies with honey. Insulting people shuts them down and typically does not lead to any meaningful conversation.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Good thing he didn't do that, then! It was a comment in regards to him claiming his only social life exists only on Era specifically. While I wouldn't agree that makes him pathetic, I don't think it's fair to extrapolate Scopa's statement to mean its pathetic to not have a social circle in real life.
Like I already said and Zefah says, I was highlighting him saying RESETERA is his SOCIAL LIFE.

I agree. I reckon there are a hell of a lot of internet sad sacks (Era is my social life) whom use disabilities as a crutch in order to gain sympathy and acceptance/popularity.

I am also skeptical of the fact that everyone’s fucking autistic now simply because doctors and society transformed autism from a real and observable condition (severe autism), to a much larger and vague definition (“the spectrum” i.e. misbehaving kids that need a smack). Just another excuse for the medical profession to incorrectly prescribe medicine and the pharmaceutical companies to make money. Just like the “Everybody’s got ADHD” party of the late 90s to mid 2000s.

I am clearly saying that autism is real, but it is over-diagnosed nowadays, so please take that in before any angry responses, people.

TaySan

Banned

I was diagnosed as a child and I didn't even start to speak until I was 3, but I don't need to prove myself to you. I know and lived my own life.

Anyways just don't be a dick it's not that hard.

Papa

Banned
I was diagnosed as a child and I didn't even start to speak until I was 3, but I don't need to prove myself to you. I know and lived my own life.

Anyways just don't be a dick it's not that hard.

Nobody gives a fuck about your victim badge unless you bring it up yourself.

I think you’re being a dick by trying to control the speech and thoughts of others on a forum you would happily throw under the bus on Ree for social brownie points. I believe your saying is “be better”.

highrider

Banned

I think you’re being a dick by trying to control the speech and thoughts of others on a forum you would happily throw under the bus on Ree for social brownie points. I believe your saying is “be better”.

Right?! It’s like yeah dude, nobody else had to overcome anything, that’s why you get special treatment. 😕

Winter John

Gold Member
General comment, not directed at you, but I’ve seen a few comments in this thread that indicate to me that some have learned absolutely nothing from the last two years. Specifically, the importance of culture and how you undermine it by ignoring behaviour and attempting to equalise people from the top down. I think we all want civil discourse but we can’t shortcut our way there. It has to be built up sustainably and a huge wave of Reefugees would likely overwhelm it. The likes of Winter John Winter John cheerleading to let them all back, no questions asked, simply to boost traffic as much as possible, need to be shot down. Quite frankly, they’re idiots. Let those who show humility and a willingness to address past wrongs come back and reintegrate. Tell the others to go play on the highway.

Now sidebitch, you know better than to invoke my name. It never ends well for you. You know that. You just go on and get back behind the safety barrier where you belong you bootlicking mutt, or I'll say things that'll make you break your fingers hitting the report button again.

Texas Pride

Banned
@EviLore Just out of interest., when Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesetera inevitably implodes and we have an influx of reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefugees, what is the policy going to be if they start trying to play out that extremist shit over here?

With the election around the corner you're going to get that influx from RE anyway with people looking to start shit and shift political opinion. If you're a mod I implore you to strap in because this year is gonna be a ride politically and outside agitators will look to divide this place up. I don't think this initial trickle of expats returning is a coincidence.

bitbydeath

Exactly, nobody knows on forums if you have three nipples and we don’t give a fuck either.

Keep your insecurities to yourself.

Papa

Banned
Now sidebitch, you know better than to invoke my name. It never ends well for you. You know that. You just go on and get back behind the safety barrier where you belong you bootlicking mutt, or I'll say things that'll make you break your fingers hitting the report button again.

I’ve never reported you, dumb cunt 😂

You are a fragile bitch though.

gatti-man

It was easy to get wrapped up in the drama back in the day. Especially as someone who didn’t really dedicate his life to the forum it’s hard to know who to believe. Now that the dust has settled it’s plainly obvious that Reset has some major clowncar people running it and why wild accusations were made.

pretty much anyone that was conned into leaving I’d like to see let back in. The only people I don’t want back in are the hyper sensitive screeching top end of reset. Those people will never be happy anywhere with voices other than their own.

Airola

Anyone out there who has some insecurities they wanna vent/share, hit me up. I’ll be happy to listen to ya.

It’s all good.

:messenger_heart:

Currently Matt is holding up tears as he'd like to finally open up to someone but can't because the charade has to be upheld.
"It's hard man... It's hard to be a bully... Especially a cyber one... You know those laughter reactions I ironically give to people here, well, they are fake... The only thing that's real in them... it's the tears..."

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Currently Matt is holding up tears as he'd like to finally open up to someone but can't because the charade has to be upheld.
"It's hard man... It's hard to be a bully... Especially a cyber one... You know those laughter reactions I ironically give to people here, well, they are fake... The only thing that's real in them... it's the tears..."
You get a laugh emoji? I only get thoughtful and praise the sun.

MilkyJoe

How the fuck did this place get worse?

Pro - no more flippant banning
Pro - Good video game chat
Pro - in-fighting at a minimal
Pro - you can speak your mind without getting dog piled
Pro - It's not purple
Pro - interaction with staff
Pro - personal politics are respected if not agreed with (though I have been jumping on the left a lot lately and that is due to the state of the left in this fair isle (not to be confused with Fairisle))
Pro - Identity politics is laughed at.
Pro - Everyone (but that one bloke) can see The Last Jedi was shit and fucked the entire franchise into a tree.

Neg - little bit of a sausage fest.

Top Bottom