• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2014 Edition

Caayn

Clean up all the wires bit in my living room
Wireless Bridge, 5 port HDMI switch, Z632 speakers, XP500 Headset (rather have headphones but I sit pretty far from the TV), 360 S, Xbox One, PS4, PS3 Slim, Wii U, Cable hooked up.
Are those colour coded HDMI cables? Where did you get them?

Posting from my hovel.

hgyd88u.jpg

irmas

Projector: BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector
Screen: Elite Screens ER135DH2 Sable Fixed Frame Projection Screen 135 Inch 3D
Consoles: PS4/PS3/Xbox360
A/V Receiver: Yamaha HTR-4065
Speakers: -BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer
-BIC America Venturi DV64 2-Way Tower Speaker
-BIC America DV62si Bookshelf Speakers
-BIC America DV-62CLRS 6-Inch 2-Way Center Channel Speaker

qqKmpcv.jpg

IaBmWjt.jpg

9CPTb5G.jpg

PBmQhcC.jpg

mAj4cVt.jpg

Oxn

qqKmpcv.jpg

IaBmWjt.jpg

9CPTb5G.jpg

PBmQhcC.jpg

mAj4cVt.jpg

Love the pattern on your footstool

deadlast

Nice setup. Do you think you would ever upgrade to a 4K projector or do you feel the 1080p is sufficient?

irmas

Nice setup. Do you think you would ever upgrade to a 4K projector or do you feel the 1080p is sufficient?

1080p is sufficient for now. The Benq 1070w is an amazing projector for the price($729 on amazon). I would upgrade to a 4k projector once they hit the sub $1500 range.

desu

Looks really great. I've been considering getting the Benq projector for a while since it offers a pretty good value for it's price. However I lack the perfect space for a decent enough big wall and I already own a big TV :s.

Actually what's the distance between the projector and the wall ?

irmas

Looks really great. I've been considering getting the Benq projector for a while since it offers a pretty good value for it's price. However I lack the perfect space for a decent enough big wall and I already own a big TV :s.

Actually what's the distance between the projector and the wall ?

About 13ft from projector to screen. You can use this calculator to see what distance and size would work out for you: http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-W1070-projection-calculator-pro.htm

Some great setups here. I still live at the same place since 2013 so I haven't posted this year, but I'm getting a few new pieces of furniture so I'll probably post in the 2015 thread.

Robby C

Neo Member

qqKmpcv.jpg

IaBmWjt.jpg

9CPTb5G.jpg

PBmQhcC.jpg

mAj4cVt.jpg

Amazing setup, looks like you have a good eye for things.

Is this your main lounge or a dedicated cinema room? Did the missis enjoy the whole process? (Sometimes it can take some persuasion!!)

Really well done.

irmas

Amazing setup, looks like you have a good eye for things.

Is this your main lounge or a dedicated cinema room? Did the missis enjoy the whole process? (Sometimes it can take some persuasion!!)

Really well done.

Thanks! It's a bit of both. We designed/built the entire room together but painting the room black was a tough sell at first but now she loves it.

Tiktaalik

I'm having trouble finding a media centre shelf that's a good fit for a 60 inch tv plus some small bookshelf speakers. Ikea has a besta unit that is 180cm, which fits my tv and small bookshelf speakers with a mere 4.5 cm on each side to spare. I'm concerned that'll look bad and not work out. Alternatively I could combine two smaller besta shelves for 240cm.

Any other good options out there big TV folks?

I guess a frequently chosen solution is to buy floor standing speakers.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
It is seated, there are four slots on each side. That is the slot between the two ram sticks

If you look at the very far left top part of the stick, that white clamp isn't as far down as the other sticks like it isn't pressed in all the way. It probably is working correctly like you say but I think that's what he is bringing to your attention.

Bradach

I'm having trouble finding a media centre shelf that's a good fit for a 60 inch tv plus some small bookshelf speakers. Ikea has a besta unit that is 180cm, which fits my tv and small bookshelf speakers with a mere 4.5 cm on each side to spare. I'm concerned that'll look bad and not work out. Alternatively I could combine two smaller besta shelves for 240cm.

Any other good options out there big TV folks?

I guess a frequently chosen solution is to buy floor standing speakers.

I just finished putting together a Besta unit (180cm) for my 50" (btw they have decent cable management built in at the back)

Personally I think 5cm spare at both ends would look fine, as you can see mine is off center so that I could get the record player in. yours would be centered and would look better.

Very nice! How much did all those cabinets cost at ikea? Were they difficult to install?

IIRC the whole cabinet setup was sub $1200cdn. I had them install most of them, but if everything in the renovation lined up properly they could have done all of them at once. I did get them to put in ALL of the mounting railings. There was still a drill out behind the cabinet veneer to support the cable drop inside the wall and a couple other reasons it wasn't all put in at once. I highly recommend getting them to build and install them.

The entire wall behind the drywall is reinforced with plywood so it can take the weight of the cabinets without much issue.

I still have to drill out air holes in the top of the cabinet so the heat from the consoles can rise up and through. All the components are on top as I have a child and didn't want buttons pressed below.

sharc

Neo Member
welp this seems as good a place as any for babby's first post

i've mostly punched out of modern gaming, so these days my setup is used exclusively for older games. pretty humble-looking next to some of the rooms in this thread, as there’s not a lot of space (holding off on nicer furniture and cleaner layout until after moving somewhere else). the setup has gone through many revisions, but this is pretty close to finished. apologies for the poor photography.

Display: Sony PVM-2950Q
Video: Extron Crosspoint 450
Audio: Mackie LM3204
Phones: Shure SHR840

kVB7ko8.jpg

PVM is a little scuffed-up and has some minor geometry issues along the vertical edges, but even with that it’s been a damn fine platform for SD gaming and a huge improvement over my old emerson. still, it could gain a lot from a good cleaning, and maybe an ISF calibration. one of these days.

extron and mackie double-team consolidates all audio and video over two 16-channel devices, a big upgrade from the stack of receivers and switchboxes that used to do everything. technically the extron can do audio as well, but only when fed in on 5-pin captive screw so forget that. the mackie has a lot of nice extras, anyway, one being aux sends; currently it’s running any particularly noisy audio through an NS-2 to strip out line hiss.

KG3CrIO.jpg

yes of course a tate check was first thing when i got the set come on what is this amateur hour

thing weighs a ton, though

pc room? yeah, sure, i guess.

FXP2K59.jpg

left, a 386-DX33 rig for DOS gaming, processor chosen to hit the somewhat arbitrary point of running older origin games well. still largely configured as it was when i got it off the vogons forums, since ancient optical mice, LAPC-I cards, and 4MB sticks of 60ns SIMM ram don't just fall out of the sky.

right, a PC-88MA for japanese pc games. something about the old NEC 8bits really appeals to me so i managed to pick up one during a heavy importing phase. ask me about the time i nearly killed gaijinpunch by proxy with a computer or wait don't.

Alright, here's some pictures of my last basement...

Some before...

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

Then the finished product...

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
64" Samsung PN64D8000 3D Plasma, Samsung BD-D5500 3D Bluray player
Marantz sr5006, Sinclair Audio Brighton series speakers, Klipsch SW-110 (7.2 surround sound setup).

How did you get the Manchester United logo on the wall with paint? I've been looking for NFL stencils but can't find anything. Only thing I can find is wall decals which I don't want.

am_dragon

qqKmpcv.jpg

Completely inspired. When I moved several years ago I lost my theater room. I want it back...

Acrylic7

welp this seems as good a place as any for babby's first post

i've mostly punched out of modern gaming, so these days my setup is used exclusively for older games. pretty humble-looking next to some of the rooms in this thread, as there’s not a lot of space (holding off on nicer furniture and cleaner layout until after moving somewhere else). the setup has gone through many revisions, but this is pretty close to finished. apologies for the poor photography.

Display: Sony PVM-2950Q
Video: Extron Crosspoint 450
Audio: Mackie LM3204
Phones: Shure SHR840

kVB7ko8.jpg

PVM is a little scuffed-up and has some minor geometry issues along the vertical edges, but even with that it’s been a damn fine platform for SD gaming and a huge improvement over my old emerson. still, it could gain a lot from a good cleaning, and maybe an ISF calibration. one of these days.

extron and mackie double-team consolidates all audio and video over two 16-channel devices, a big upgrade from the stack of receivers and switchboxes that used to do everything. technically the extron can do audio as well, but only when fed in on 5-pin captive screw so forget that. the mackie has a lot of nice extras, anyway, one being aux sends; currently it’s running any particularly noisy audio through an NS-2 to strip out line hiss.

KG3CrIO.jpg

yes of course a tate check was first thing when i got the set come on what is this amateur hour

thing weighs a ton, though

pc room? yeah, sure, i guess.

FXP2K59.jpg

left, a 386-DX33 rig for DOS gaming, processor chosen to hit the somewhat arbitrary point of running older origin games well. still largely configured as it was when i got it off the vogons forums, since ancient optical mice, LAPC-I cards, and 4MB sticks of 60ns SIMM ram don't just fall out of the sky.

right, a PC-88MA for japanese pc games. something about the old NEC 8bits really appeals to me so i managed to pick up one during a heavy importing phase. ask me about the time i nearly killed gaijinpunch by proxy with a computer or wait don't.
Now thats just too much fun.

qqKmpcv.jpg

IaBmWjt.jpg

9CPTb5G.jpg

PBmQhcC.jpg

mAj4cVt.jpg

I am shopping for a new wide cushion, fluffy couch. This is pretty much what I want. Where'd ya get it?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

irmas

Do you notice any issues with your front right speaker being partially blocked from the main seating area?

I have a similar set up to yours but currently have bookshelves on stands. I've been thinking of moving to towers, but one speaker would be partially blocked by seating.

No issues so far. It's not shown too well on the pictures but there is at least 5ft of space from the speaker to the sectional.

How did you get the Manchester United logo on the wall with paint? I've been looking for NFL stencils but can't find anything. Only thing I can find is wall decals which I don't want.

We actually know a graphic artist who does awesome stencils for us. She's done my daughters room as well. It wasn't cheap, but it ended up being awesome in the end.

I would check and see if there's anyone who does vinyl stencils in your area.

Enordash

This has probably been answered (although I couldn't find it) but does anyone know what table Tabris has the systems and stereo sitting on under the TV?

Tabris

This has probably been answered (although I couldn't find it) but does anyone know what table Tabris has the systems and stereo sitting on under the TV?

It's the Ikea Friel TV Stand - It's no longer available as far as I know.

Absolutely love this setup:

I got some nice updates for the upcoming 2015 thread :)

Nice setup! If you don't mind me asking, what is the dimensions of your room? I'm looking to do a similar project in 2015 and plan on getting a BenQ W1070 as well, but worried if the way I want to set up the room would work well.

eso76

Here's an update for my gaming and PC'ing setups.

Unfortunately, i only have a 24mm handy, which, particularly on a non full-frame camera, makes it very hard to take pictures of the rooms. The PC room in particular being roughly 2.5m x 3.5 is very hard to capture.
Anyway, here goes.

My chequered gaming setup

kPAPm53.jpg

consoles are in the cupboard below the tv, so they are hidden away. Currently a PS4 and an X360. Tv is a Samsung 51F8500 Plasma, which i absolutely love. It's currently sitting too low, that's why i already purchased an additional shelf (center 5.1 speaker goes under said shelf to give you an idea. That and 2kgs worth of cables) to put on, and one of these:

61BXdWtrZiL._SX425_.jpg

so i can remove F8500 own pedestal and bring it 'closer' to the front of the bookshelf, maybe even have it pop out a little, in line with the bookself's black panels.

Receiver is a Marantz 6004. R&L Speakers are B&W 684. Center..no idea, shitty Yamaha. Don't care for the moment.
edit: surround speakers are Wharfedale diamond something. Pretty good speakers, kinda wasted as back speakers.

56yPAtL.jpg

Ah, yes. This is the comfy couch. Sitting at around 3.50 meters from the tv, which is a bit too far for a 51" but eh.
Need another layer of curtains there. Dark grey or something.
Not too fond of the carpet at all, but i haven't found one i really like yet.

mtyl8Xx.jpg

That's the other side of the bookshelf and eating setup.
It's not a large pic but maybe you can see the cable disaster going on on the back of the Receiver.
Window still needs curtain

I9M7GeQ.jpg

And that's the Gaf browsing setup.
I guess you can tell i like orange.

Should have posted more stylish pics of shiny tablets and PSvita, but that's all for now

Also, GAF Browsing setup is in need of this chair.

41bJu7fBpkL._SY300_.jpg

One day.

irmas

Nice setup! If you don't mind me asking, what is the dimensions of your room? I'm looking to do a similar project in 2015 and plan on getting a BenQ W1070 as well, but worried if the way I want to set up the room would work well.

these are the rough dimensions of the room and projector placement.

Ii2iBLo.png

Oxn

Here's an update for my gaming and PC'ing setups.

Unfortunately, i only have a 24mm handy, which, particularly on a non full-frame camera, makes it very hard to take pictures of the rooms. The PC room in particular being roughly 2.5m x 3.5 is very hard to capture.
Anyway, here goes.

My chequered gaming setup

kPAPm53.jpg

consoles are in the cupboard below the tv, so they are hidden away. Currently a PS4 and an X360. Tv is a Samsung 51F8500 Plasma, which i absolutely love. It's currently sitting too low, that's why i already purchased an additional shelf (center 5.1 speaker goes under said shelf to give you an idea. That and 2kgs worth of cables) to put on, and one of these:

61BXdWtrZiL._SX425_.jpg

so i can remove F8500 own pedestal and bring it 'closer' to the front of the bookshelf, maybe even have it pop out a little, in line with the bookself's black panels.

Receiver is a Marantz 6004. R&L Speakers are B&W 684. Center..no idea, shitty Yamaha. Don't care for the moment.
edit: surround speakers are Wharfedale diamond something. Pretty good speakers, kinda wasted as back speakers.

forgot what this other pics are, so i'll have to post and edit later :p

56yPAtL.jpg

Ah, yes. This is the comfy couch. Sitting at around 3.50 meters from the tv, which is a bit too far for a 51" but eh.
Need another layer of curtains there. Dark grey or something.
Not too fond of the carpet at all, but i haven't found one i really like yet.

mtyl8Xx.jpg

That's the other side of the bookshelf and eating setup.
It's not a large pic but maybe you can see the cable disaster going on on the back of the Receiver.
Window still needs curtain

I9M7GeQ.jpg

And that's the Gaf browsing setup.
I guess you can tell i like orange.

Should have posted more stylish pics of shiny tablets and PSvita, but that's all for now

Also, GAF Browsing setup is in need of this chair.

41bJu7fBpkL._SY300_.jpg

One day.

1st off what is the name of that office chair you want, it looks sick

2nd we have very similar taste in Color schemes
I do combinations of white, orange with hints of black or white, gold black

eso76

1st off what is the name of that office chair you want, it looks sick

That's an Amstyle Maglo. It's not too expensive either, actually at roughly 180€.

If you are in the US though it might be hard to find. I think it's either italian or german, not sure.

Poker360

I finally bought my first home and moved out of my parents.

Here is my setup:

Panasonic 65ax800
4x B&W 685 bookshelf speakers
B&W ASW61STB subwoofer
B&W HTM62B center channel
Denon 1713 AVR
Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Xbox 360 gaming consoles
Panamax MR5100 surge protector

Top Bottom