• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill: The Movie 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'll never understand why video game movie threads get posted here rather than the board where more people would be interested. :p

On that note, first movie was eh. Based on SH3 would be interesting though.

omg rite said:
I'll never understand why video game movie threads get posted here rather than the board where more people would be interested. :p

sh3shakeheadof9.gif

Masaki_

Jacob's Ladder was a better adaptation of Silent Hill than the Silent Hill movie. And it was even made before the game.

strange_booj said:
What is wrong with the bolded?
Gaming is a hellish place.

Here: Guy points out link from SH1 to 3 and 2 is side story. Another guy points out I probably know, thread continues
Gaming: Guy points out link from SH1 to 3 and 2 is side story. Race for lulz starts, 20 people laugh at me, I have to defend myself, trolls deem the rest of my posts irrelevant, flame war starts between white knights and trolls, nuclear banhammer is dropped.

Plus only reasons this thread isn't getting more play is the time it was posted (like 10 PM?) and the fact it's a rumor right now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Frankman said:
Gaming is a hellish place.

Here: Guy points out link from SH1 to 3 and 2 is side story. Another guy points out I probably know, thread continues
Gaming: Guy points out link from SH1 to 3 and 2 is side story. Race for lulz starts, 20 people laugh at me, I have to defend myself, trolls deem the rest of my posts irrelevant, flame war starts between white knights and trolls, nuclear banhammer is dropped.

Plus only reasons this thread isn't getting more play is the time it was posted (like 10 PM?) and the fact it's a rumor right now.
You know, I think you're probably right. A bit of an exaggeration, but I think it's better that the thread was posted here.

Mar

Masaki_ said:
Jacob's Ladder was a better adaptation of Silent Hill than the Silent Hill movie. And it was even made before the game.

Jacob's Ladder is an excellent movie, and the creators of Silent Hill have pointed to it as inspiration for the games. But as an 'adaption' of Silent Hill? No. There is nothing Silent Hill about that movie at all, besides some very brief scenes.

omg rite said:

It was posted first on gaming a couple of days ago, if OP went to gaming side all they would say is old.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Me and my friend really really enjoyed the first movie and wondered why all the hate. We sat down about a month ago and realized our folly. Regardless I look forward to this movie. I hope I like it again, the first time, like I did before.

evil ways

SH2's story is easier to adapt to the big screen. Simpler story, but at the same time more intresting and darker that 1 & 3, not to mention the story's twists.

Just copy & paste from the game, trim some of the fluff and characters, add more pyramid head, add the SH2 soundtrack, and you have a winner. Oh and have the "In water" ending.

btkadams

i really enjoyed the first one. i'm stoked! so does this mean it wont be continuing the story from the first if its being based on silent hill 3? the first movie kind of had an ending as if it would continue on from there.

btkadams said:
i really enjoyed the first one. i'm stoked! so does this mean it wont be continuing the story from the first if its being based on silent hill 3? the first movie kind of had an ending as if it would continue on from there.

I have no idea what they intend to do with the sequel.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I really liked the first one, I had the impression that fans of the games enjoyed it as well. (I have not played any SH games.) Though skimming by I see some disappointed people. Well regardless I look forward to the sequel and hope for the best.

black_13

Banned
Silent Hill still is the only video game movie to stay true to the source material.

Fuck they had everything from music, scenes and even camera angles all from the game.

As a big fan of the game I loved it. Only thing I would say for the sequel would be to base it on Silent Hill 2 which had the better storyline and this time almost don't change a thing about it. It's perfect as it is. I wouldn't even mind if it had almost no dialogue.

Frester said:
Liked the first movie but haven't ever played a Silent Hill game :p Gonna play 2 over winter break though!

You should play the original Silent Hill as well. Sure, its graphics are outdated, but it's still a pretty frightening game. You may also appreciate Silent Hill 3 more if you played the first game beforehand.

Yasae

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
You should play the original Silent Hill as well. Sure, its graphics are outdated, but it's still a pretty frightening game. You may also appreciate Silent Hill 3 more if you played the first game beforehand.
I didn't really find that to be the case, but the first game is still worth a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom