• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SnackMania - Processed Sugars Baby!!!

Most people on NeoGAF have mentioned their previous fondness for processed treats and sweets, so naturally I created a thread to entertain the populace. Whether a part of a balanced diet or an occasional treat, or perhaps you're a fat bastard, confectionary has been a staple for most people throughout their lives. Beginning in childhood (alongside visits to the dentist), peaking during the teenage years thanks to pocket money and then levelling off in your 20s. Snacks are things of nutrition, taste, nostalgia and debate, so let's do all those things as we discuss our favourite processed sweets and treats!

One Entry Each Per Category!

Chocolate - Starbar

qLSIxiynibeFPjf-800x450-noPad.jpg

Soft centre covered with caramel and crushed peanuts? You have the makings of an absolute banger. I'm a "chew" in contrast to "crunch" kind of person so naturally these are amazing to me.

Jelly Candy - Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles

1920px-Rowntrees-Fruit-Pastilles.jpg

Once the granulated sugar has been licked away the urge to resist the chew is unbearable.

Hard Candy - Werther's Original
1920px-An_Open_Bag_of_Werther%27s_Original.jpg

German caramel candies. I've always been fearful of sucking on these as I'm fearful I might choke on them, but that hasn't happened thus far...

Potato Crisps - Doritos (Most Flavours)

07af1649-06d5-4b5b-951c-c382aff91074_514594283.jpeg

Chilli Doritos with some cool dipping cream is a winning combination.

Soft Drink - Dr Pepper

800px-Dr_Pepper_can.jpg

Maybe I'm crazy, but Dr Pepper has always reminded me of having a "blueberry" sort of taste to it. No?

Chewing Gum - Wrigley's Extra Peppermint

HOZ158

One of the most readily available chewing gums available and the one I use mostly.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I'm not usually a pretzel guy but I was intrigued and bought them... thought they were really tasty.
0_34000_21463_1_701_21463_003_Item_Front

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
My blood sugar is spiking just seeing the pics.

I rarely eat this kind of stuff, so I have little to contribute. Not to mention, it’d be ridiculously tame compared to what’s been posted so far. Practically health food in comparison.

Jinzo Prime

My blood sugar is spiking just seeing the pics.

I rarely eat this kind of stuff, so I have little to contribute. Not to mention, it’d be ridiculously tame compared to what’s been posted so far. Practically health food in comparison.
We'll be the judge of that, show us the snacks!

My contribution:
Jelly candy:
7c2b06d1-d98a-452c-a497-f262d9a1467a_2.edfb3ab2ee11e54020af8d5be0f14bec.jpeg

Hard candy:

11728899571742.jpg

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Chocolate

reeses pieces

Jelly Candy

sour patch kids

Hard Candy

maybe jolly ranches but i don't eat hard candy tbh

Potato Crisps

don't eat these either but im fine with utz

Soft Drink

i guess sprite though I usually pick fruit juice if I'm drinking a sugar drink

Chewing Gum

usually I purchase Pur peppermint or spearmint

edit: looking at previous posts for hard candies I'm gonna go with warheads too I forgot about those

Last edited:
Top Bottom