• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CES 2016 press conference thread

Honestly the fact that VR is not here, says something about the internal support that product may have.

I understand with was greenlit at a time when Sony was struggling, but I dont think it has impressed internally.

I wish I could get exited for VR, but I just can't. Pretty much everything they showed during PSX was terrible and the games that did look remotely interesting had zero gameplay footage. Plus I definitely believe VR is only nice for a few genres. I am not getting the hype...... at all.

Hawk269

Well that really sucked. One of Sony's worse CES pressers on record. Was really expecting more TV's to be shown and of course the VR unit. Really disappointing press conference.

Barakov

this might be it.

image.php

Radec

Either PSVR's final form is not yet ready or they are holding it for E3 2016. Or both.

No a6000 successor though. Wtf sony.

Honestly the fact that VR is not here, says something about the internal support that product may have.

I understand with was greenlit at a time when Sony was struggling, but I dont think it has impressed internally.

I highly doubt that.

It oddly enough featured several times in the ending montage... and at the end spinning in the background lmao.
He used almost his entire opening speech to brag about Playstation lol.
Lol yea :)
Either PSVR's final form is not yet ready or they are holding it for E3 2016. Or both.
Yea.

QaaQer

They might have a reveal event a LA ps4

rav

I have to note the transition from the camcorder to the A7 mark II was terrible; they should have been more clear about that. 1/2 the time during the presentation with the screen gems guy I didn't know they were talking about a still camera, but that 4k camcorder.
Eventually I looked close at what he was holding, and it wasn't the camcorder. I'm still confused: you can do 4k film quality video on that A7 Mark II ?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They sure are getting a kick out of showing recycled The Last Guardian footage.

It's probably for those who want to see a line instead of a million people cheering all at once. It's kind of a relaxed fit in a way.

Give me a 4k camera, a 4k HDTV, and The Last Guardian. I feel like I'm set.

You hear that song, "I want something new", which is a strong song to use. We all sorta feel like we've been to 20 Apple conferences and so forth. We all probably don't feel independent. We all sorta share the same thoughts or we disagree until we don't even like what we got at times. You can still move on and enjoy what you use to enjoy.

I was expecting no PSVR and I got what I expected.

But I was also expecting 4K Blu-ray and that being a no-show is actually worrying. It already missed it's first scheduled launch Q4 2015, I wonder if it's going to slip more now as it's supposed to launch Q1 2016.

KiraXD

lol what a disappointing show... i mean i didnt expect a bunch of playstation or vr stuff... but nothing? and what they did show was NOT that exciting... how many times did the dude have to clap to get people clapping?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Need a new tv, disappointed. Ohh well. Was kinda hoping on a new Xperia but didn't expect it tbh.

Also, what words did they use the most?

Emotional
Future
Experience

Are certainly in the top 5.

Top Bottom