• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CES 2016 press conference thread

I wish I could get exited for VR, but I just can't. Pretty much everything they showed during PSX was terrible and the games that did look remotely interesting had zero gameplay footage. Plus I definitely believe VR is only nice for a few genres. I am not getting the hype...... at all.

Check out the VR threads on here for gameplay on most of the games I think. Except for ones like Robinson that were just announced with CG trailers.

Goldenhen

Remember the last time Sony tried show off VR and gameplay on stage at PSX and it was terrible. Thank god they are not wasting time on it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I was expecting no PSVR and I got what I expected.

But I was also expecting 4K Blu-ray and that being a no-show is actually worrying. It already missed it's first scheduled launch Q4 2015, I wonder if it's going to slip more now as it's supposed to launch Q1 2016.

Just skip 4K, focus on 8K.

Elandyll

Banned
It was an off chance to start with, GDC is where the PSVR was revealed, and probably where it will be priced/ dated.

I can't imagine what the AV professionals of CES would have done with a PSVR announce tbh.

Xenus

Need a new tv, disappointed. Ohh well. Was kinda hoping on a new Xperia but didn't expect it tbh.

Also, what words did they use the most?

Emotional
Future
Experience

Are certainly in the top 5.

Yeah I'm waiting on 4K OLED in the 1K range for a 55 inch and I'm assuming there are no major flaws in the set.

It was an off chance to start with, GDC is where the PSVR was revealed, and probably where it will be priced/ dated.

I can't imagine what the AV professionals of CES would have done with a PSVR announce tbh.

This. While a big audience, the reactions would have been quiet as hell.

KrisB

Bit disappointing about no news of the PSvr or the new 4k bluray player but damn I want one of those tvs.

Jerm411

IgMyxh.jpg

Oersted

45 mins show for a 4K Camcoder...

I will never quite get the immense focus of CES shows on non-massmarket products.

"Hey world, here is a product you won't buy. And another one. And another one."

I get it, they have to carter to niches, but CES is way too much focussed on it.

Tankard

PSVR will have a show just like PS4 reveal. It will have it's own 90 minute show in March.

That was always what i was expecting to be honest, that they were going to announce a PSVR press conference similar to the PS4 reveal, but at this point it looks more like GDC.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm waiting on 4K OLED in the 1K range for a 55 inch and I'm assuming there are no major flaws in the set.

Haven't been following it all that closely (my tv served me well until recently). LG still the one really going with OLED or have others picked it up too? (or dropped)

I was expecting no PSVR and I got what I expected.

But I was also expecting 4K Blu-ray and that being a no-show is actually worrying. It already missed it's first scheduled launch Q4 2015, I wonder if it's going to slip more now as it's supposed to launch Q1 2016.

Yeah, I hope they show their player before these other two come out so that we can compare them before buying...

Xenus

Haven't been following it all that closely (my tv served me well until recently). LG still the one really going with OLED or have others picked it up too? (or dropped)

LG is and is selling their panels to some other like Panasonic. Also Samsung is back and forth on whether they'll make TV sized sets again or not.

rambis

Banned

This is a huge copout. Both HTC and supposedly Oculus are making big reveals this week. It would have been the perfect time to focus on non gaming aspects of the device. They have it on the ahow floor for a reason.

For a "First Half" 2016 device this is a bit worrying that they are still dancing around it in big shows.

Competitors talked a bit about their VR headset.
If i wise Sony i would have announced the price and date in CES2016 but show the games on E3.

Why announce the price and date before your competitors though? If I was Sony I would wait it out just like Sony is doing and announce a price and date last to undercut the competitors.

Top Bottom