• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CES 2016 press conference thread

Dabanton

Why announce the price and date before your competitors though? If I was Sony I would wait it out just like Sony is doing and announce a price and date last to undercut the competitors.

The problem is Sony is on an island of one with their VR, it's exclusive to their own machine. The others are fighting it out on PC hardware. Sony has to cater to a mass audience who are price sensitive especially for stuff like this.

Raist

Banned
The problem is Sony is on an island of one with their VR, it's exclusive to their own machine. The others are fighting it out on PC hardware. Sony has to cater to a mass audience who are price sensitive especially for stuff like this.

It won't make any difference to the "price sensitive mass audience" if they announce details 5 months or 5 weeks before.

Haha and the Intel Keynote which just followed Sony's started with something using VR....

Non-gaming related though. Some kind of digital art.

Too funny.

border

Maybe it's time to stop putting these CES conference threads in the Gaming Forum? It only gets people's hopes up unnecessarily.

iPhone announcements have more games than this conference did.

vivftp

Hmm. That tiny, portable short throw projector looked pretty nice. From the breakout session afterwards it seems it'll have a 720 resolution tho.

tumblr_m8prm2yZQl1rv2shpo1_500.gif

lupinko

Maybe it's time to stop putting these CES conference threads in the Gaming Forum? It only gets people's hopes up unnecessarily.

iPhone announcements have more games than this conference did.

Didn't you know? Sony and Microsoft are only about vidyagames.

thisisneogafdude.gif

farisr

I just logged on to gaf and saw the thread I was like "damn it I forgot about this"

Looks like I lucked out.

Xenus

can someone leave a summary of what i missed?

Kaz talks about company goals, shows screen shout to Kazification, PS4 sales wow aren't those nice, Camera's 4k everything they are awesome, short throw projector, glass speakers, our tv's are very bright, streaming service, hey it's Kaz again montage of products including PSVR and PS4 games on the way out....

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Kaz talks about company goals, shows screen shout to Kazification, PS4 sales wow aren't those nice, Camera's 4k everything they are awesome, short throw projector, glass speakers, our tv's are very bright, streaming service, hey it's Kaz again montage of products including PSVR and PS4 games on the way out....

ok so no games shown or announcements thanks a lot

Afrikan

Thank God I didn't call sick at work today to watch this..

man I hope they have other announcements as the week goes on. :/

someone has to budge on price, from the big 3 VR companies.

Price fo sho though?

I know they said you can preorder, but the price and launch date will be revealed?

Well price at the least, they wouldn't let people pre-order without a price, even though its no money down according to Palmer. They've said it ships in Q1, so I'm guessing starting shipping in February, more due to 2/1 being the last day kickstarter backers can redeem their free Rift.

eFKac

Hmm shame Sony is still not dipping their toes in OLED TVs, I still believe it's the future.

Definitely in for the hear in earphones, those looked great. And I'm in the market for a TV so I'll probably settle for a 2016 Bravia if the reviews are good.

Shame nothing about PSVR, but I wasn't really expecting anything major.

Xenus

Hmm shame Sony is still not dipping their toes in OLED TVs, I still believe it's the future.

Definitely in for the hear in earphones, those looked great. And I'm in the market for a TV so I'll probably settle for a 2016 Bravia if the reviews are good.

Shame nothing about PSVR, but I wasn't really expecting anything major.

Sad thing is they use OLED for their Professional Master monitors and tout it. So they know it's great tech. Just I guess they figure they can't make it cheap enough to sell to normal consumers versus $30000 professional monitors I guess.

What is the price on that projector? I wonder if it would have too much input lag for gaming, would be nice to play hearthstone on the table.

thuway

Really disappointed with Sony on the television front. Where did Crystal LED go? Where did the OLED ventures go? You make PlayStation, at the very least they should consider supporting FreeSync/G-Sync. And all of this comes with a "premium" price to boot. :/And as for Audio, it's hilarious to expect ANY ONE to hear a difference between high resolution files and MP3 on that outdoor speaker.

The only class leading product was the camera and lenses.

pelican

I wonder what platform Sony are going to to use to "launch" PSVR? - date, price etc.

I might be wrong, but I thought the target was Q1 2016?

I wasn't expecting an onstage demo, but I thought someone would come out and explain the PSVR, like specs, games/experiences, road map.

But in hindsight, the PSVR is pretty budget compared to the other products on show. And compared to the other headsets.

Top Bottom