• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamepass Competitor: ''PlayStation Plus Neo'' prices and tiers apparently leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thief1987

It would be 120$ a year for a current offering with free games + online, it's an obvious fake

Last edited:

Stuart360

But both Gamepass and EA Play offer 10hr demos with the subscription. Gamepass did it with GRID and EA does it on all non pro EA Play subs
EA owns Codemasters now remember, the new Grid comes under EA Play on Gamepass. Gsamepass itself diesnt do trials.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
thats-just-fake-dwayne-johnson.gif
seinfeld-julia-louis-dreyfus.gif
giphy.gif
fake.gif
giphy.gif
this-is-so-fake-lularich.gif
tumblr_mu9atjvt6Z1s5bh5uo1_500.gif

FingerBang

Since this thread is basically fucking nothing, let me ask you fellas: How much would you be willing to spend on a new Sony service that includes exclusive games on day one?

Let's assume you don't get to buy it for cheap like we do on Game Pass.

I say 180 - 200 a year.

kingfey

Banned
Since this thread is basically fucking nothing, let me ask you fellas: How much would you be willing to spend on a new Sony service that includes exclusive games on day one?

Let's assume you don't get to buy it for cheap like we do on Game Pass.

I say 180 - 200 a year.
Same as gamepass ultimate.

That is basically 3 Sony games at $60. I will be down to it. Even if the price Is $20 a month, I will join it. It saves me Ps games. Basically, I will be spending $35 a month on both service, or $420 a year. That is 7 games at the price of $60.

That would be a steal for me.

envyzeal

I just hope they give us an update on when they'll let players change region (i'm stuck with a US PSN account, had to make a secondary account to buy games in Brazilian Reais) and bring the service to more countries

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Boy I really hope this is fake.

I can't imagine a multi billion dollar company using an oxymoron like "free game demos".

Perrott

Gold Member
Why are we even discussing this bullshit?

We've know for over a month now thanks to a report from VentureBeat that the service will retain the PlayStation Plus branding, with the three tiers being labeled Essential ($10), Extra ($13) and Premium ($16) at the time of the report.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
PS+ 12 months: $60
PS Now 12 months: $60
PS+ and PS Now for 12 months: $120

No way in hell are they insane enough to try charging twice for the same thing.

rofif

Banned
so current gold is getting way more expensive..
so in order to play online, you have to pay the same as before but dont get monthly games. lol wtf sony.
I would feel better about this but you dont evne keep gold games outside of being subbed

this sounds really bad. Why would I pay money for online demos? what is the point when I can play full games day 1 on game pass? I am not trying to fanboy here, but I really don't get the point of this sell/marketing here. I really hope this is fake. I am legit confused, Sony could do better than this come on now.

kirby007

ya dunderheads if you make fake shit atleast use some effort they will never present it like mentioned above in a presentation towards a buyer "game streaming"

jaysius

Banned
“Free“ game demos, lol if that’s true that’s retarded, and they aren’t free if you need to pay a fee to access it.

This is probably fake.

Sega Orphan

Banned
Sony can't charge anywhere near what GP costs if they don't have day and date with first party games. If they have a day and date they could legitimately charge a couple of extra bucks per month more, and it wouldn't be an issue.
So if GP is $15 a month with day and date, the Sony really wouldn't want to be more than $10.

Ozzie666

Sony's been showing flashes of greed this generation. These prices could be real, only because Microsoft has presented similar price value services. I'm a bit concerned if this is even remotely close to being true, actually very disappointed. No matter what Sony presents, I don't think the day on day releases and value overall that Microsoft pits forward, is going to be there. Microsoft also covers PC releases too, which is great.

Holding my breath and expecting the worst. Starting to feel a bit like the Sony PS3 Hubris time period again.

Pallas

Has to be fake, but I’m grinning a little that there’s a possibility of a “PlayStation Gold”

But everything about that screen shot looks awful and the pricing is terrible.

Belthazar

Why is this even being taken seriously? This is clearly fake, even the design of the cards look nothing like the visual identity Sony has going for lately. Fake as hell.

Hezekiah

Banned
Sony's been showing flashes of greed this generation. These prices could be real, only because Microsoft has presented similar price value services. I'm a bit concerned if this is even remotely close to being true, actually very disappointed. No matter what Sony presents, I don't think the day on day releases and value overall that Microsoft pits forward, is going to be there. Microsoft also covers PC releases too, which is great.

Holding my breath and expecting the worst. Starting to feel a bit like the Sony PS3 Hubris time period again.
It's not real. It doesn't even look real.

Belthazar

Sony can't charge anywhere near what GP costs if they don't have day and date with first party games. If they have a day and date they could legitimately charge a couple of extra bucks per month more, and it wouldn't be an issue.
So if GP is $15 a month with day and date, the Sony really wouldn't want to be more than $10.

GP is around $10 per month, isn't it? With Ultimate being $15.

Honestly, I think Sony can get away with a $15/month pricetag even without all their releases being day one on the service, maybe they can offer a guaranteed day one discount on first party releases for subscribers, who knows. But even without that, if they offer classic PS1+PS2+PSP (with maybe Vita and PS3) games and their full PS4+PS5 first party back catalogue, that's still a VERY strong value proposition.

About first party day one releases they can be selective, just like Disney is with Disney+... Something like Returnal, Sackboy, etc. would go straight to the service, while something like God Of War would be a premium release that would come to the subscription some unspecified time later.

Gamepass Ultimate is $39.99 for 3 months. Nothing appealing about this but I guess they can put the price they want because they don't need to compete with MS, this is only for Playstation owners unlike MS which have PC, Xbox and mobile. Still, if you wanna play ps3 games so bad just build a cheap pc and download rpcs3, even AMD apus can run that easily these days.
The more demanding games like kill zone 3 don't even run great on a 12700k. You need something like a 12900k to really run that game at its best. So your statement is highly relative

Maybe you should read through the thread. I wouldn’t assume anything based on this fake leak.

Brofist

Obvious fake.

I hope they keep it to 2 tiers, anything more than that is just confusing and unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom