• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamepass Competitor: ''PlayStation Plus Neo'' prices and tiers apparently leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUBARx89

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than pay £120 quid a year to have the current access I have as of now to "free" monthly games, discounts etc.

This is gotta be a piss take.

Ezquimacore

Banned
The more demanding games like kill zone 3 don't even run great on a 12700k. You need something like a 12900k to really run that game at its best. So your statement is highly relative
Only a few games are too demanding, but it's all a matter of time and optimization. You can already play games like god of war 3, uncharted and the last of us native on PS5, which are the ones with problems. Other than that a 5600g is perfect for that. I have a mini PC with that apu and no graphics card and it's fantastic and now even better that rpcs3 has fidelityfx.

Sega Orphan

Banned
GP is around $10 per month, isn't it? With Ultimate being $15.

Honestly, I think Sony can get away with a $15/month pricetag even without all their releases being day one on the service, maybe they can offer a guaranteed day one discount on first party releases for subscribers, who knows. But even without that, if they offer classic PS1+PS2+PSP (with maybe Vita and PS3) games and their full PS4+PS5 first party back catalogue, that's still a VERY strong value proposition.

About first party day one releases they can be selective, just like Disney is with Disney+... Something like Returnal, Sackboy, etc. would go straight to the service, while something like God Of War would be a premium release that would come to the subscription some unspecified time later.
You still need live to access GP so to actually use GP you have to have Ultimate or GP and Live. The best value is Ultimate.
Sony does not want to get into an apple's for apples comparison where they look worse off. Sure Sony's first parry games are good, but MS first party studios are the equal of Sony's and then when it includes all of Activision as well, no way Sony has the Same price. Doing that will actually drive people to GP as it would be such a glaring value difference.

Zeroing

Banned
It is fake, things are not align. Also why take a photo of the screen?
Ridiculous prices, badly aligned text and buttons, "silver" tier price doesn't match and some details like the word "Tier" being written with a capital T in the top text.

This has to be fake, right?
Yeah

Ozzie666

Maybe you should read through the thread. I wouldn’t assume anything based on this fake leak.

Fake or not, something is coming, and as people have stated, most likely Sony has miscalculated. I'd expect Sony to be slightly out of touch, which has been a consistent theme, at least for me during the last 2 years. I highly doubt Sony is going to match Microsoft's aggressive service. More likely this is a $699 moment, more so than a glorious $299 moment.

The fact bozos keep posting this. And other bozos actually read the graphic and make opinions while it looks like that, I can’t even…

then on top of that, the ones who you think would know better… say “This has to be fake, right?”

The homie literally didn‘t even try. People are still eating it up like breakfast. Mods here probably went look at these idiots scramble for a half assed crop and paste.

Fake or not, something is coming, and as people have stated, most likely Sony has miscalculated. I'd expect Sony to be slightly out of touch, which has been a consistent theme, at least for me during the last 2 years. I highly doubt Sony is going to match Microsoft's aggressive service. More likely this is a $699 moment, more so than a glorious $299 moment.

I seriously doubt it’s going to wreck the PlayStation brand like your suggesting.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I didn't even notice the SIlver prices being different which right away shows it's fake. To me, it was fake due to the sliding slope boxes which the bronze box you can barely even read some of the text. I dont think a web designer would make bundle boxes so hard to see.

Last edited:

Shmunter

This is obviously make believe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the deal stinks with penny pincher Jim at the helm.

Let’s have a look,

- $70 games
- Paid upgrades on next gen patches wherever possible
- Horizon penny pinching despite promises
- Cross gen games at the cost of next gen advancement- despite promises otherwise
- GT7 mtx gouging

This is not a company beyond the whale consumer mentality nor taking every opportunity to get one over on their fans

Mattyp

Gold Member
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the prices aren’t that far off the mark with the gouging they’ve done this gen.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the prices aren’t that far off the mark with the gouging they’ve done this gen.
I was thinking the same.

If that bronze tier is true in real life, it's a blessing for many gamers. If all you care about is MP gaming with no other features included, it's only $40 US.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Oh Fuck. If true, I'm out. Not paying over double for the 'free' games I'm getting per month now. This has to be bullshit or Sony has gone batshit insane.

Swift_Star

Banned
Sony can't charge anywhere near what GP costs if they don't have day and date with first party games. If they have a day and date they could legitimately charge a couple of extra bucks per month more, and it wouldn't be an issue.
So if GP is $15 a month with day and date, the Sony really wouldn't want to be more than $10.
Y’all really think GP is all that… it isn’t.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Marie Fake Ass GIF by NETFLIX

sainraja

I mean, I don't care either way but I don't think Sony will do day one releases. People that want day one releases already have Game Pass. ;)

hemo memo

Gold Member
$120 a year for essentially the same current PS+ subscription? Nah Sony is greedy but not idiotic.

Doing this will make the jump to Series X and Series S especially very easy and cost effective.

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
Y’all really think GP is all that… it isn’t.
Value is in the eye of the beholder. From a purely financial point of view and just playing games, yeah it's all that. If you like to collect physical media then it's not really all that.
I predict one thing. If Sony release an equivalent product as GP, there will a group of certain people who will suddenly do a backflip and will now love subscription services and think it's so good. Hypocrisy is the one thing you can bet on.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Value is in the eye of the beholder. From a purely financial point of view and just playing games, yeah it's all that. If you like to collect physical media then it's not really all that.
I predict one thing. If Sony release an equivalent product as GP, there will a group of certain people who will suddenly do a backflip and will now love subscription services and think it's so good. Hypocrisy is the one thing you can bet on.
Not everyone likes sub plans, but one things for sure. It's got 10x the value in gamer's minds than PS Now.

Sony has tons more console units sold and PS Now launched over 3 years before GP, yet only has 3.2M sub count as of May 2021. Perhaps it's up to 4M now for sake of argument. 4M in 8 years.

GP is at 25M and growing. GP gets more subs in 1 year than PS Now in 8 years. Even though there's fewer Xbox consoles out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom