• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Getting dandy'd up for this tomorrow night! Had no idea it was coming so soon.

I'll probably watch both the dub and sub and see which one I like better, though I almost always prefer subs over dubs.

As previously noted, the first episode has been leaked thanks to Madman flicking the switch and making it live 48 hours early. Clowns.

Any word if Hulu will be streaming this like they have Kill la Kill? It has been a really convenient way to watch.

Reasonably high, Funimation has a tenancy of sticking their simulcast stuff up there. Dunno if Adult Swim will object, though.

Jigolo

Getting dandy'd up for this tomorrow night! Had no idea it was coming so soon.

I'll probably watch both the dub and sub and see which one I like better, though I almost always prefer subs over dubs.

I'm doing the same thing.

dan2026

Its a very, very rare situation where a dub matches up to the original, at least for me.
Granted they are leaps and bounds better than the bad old days.

RPGCrazied

Almost time! I started watching Cowboy Bebop to see what the fuss was about, never saw it, and its really good! Sounds like its going to be the same, instead of a bounty hunter going after criminals, this guy goes after rare aliens for the same thing, cash.

Almost time! I started watching Cowboy Bebop to see what the fuss was about, never saw it, and its really good! Sounds like its going to be the same, instead of a bounty hunter going after criminals, this guy goes after rare aliens for the same thing, cash.

If you're expecting Space Dandy to be Cowboy Bebop 2, you're going to be disappointed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I just got word over Twitter that the Space Dandy promo has aired on ESPN, might be the Satellite provider, but it really does seem that Adult Swim is going all-in on Space Dandy.

So I just got word over Twitter that the Space Dandy promo has aired on ESPN, might be the Satellite provider, but it really does seem that Adult Swim is going all-in on Space Dandy.

On ESPN? Damn go Adult Swim/Funi/Toonami

Also finally back to Naruto, episode 87 is what I'm on, also have to watch the two episodes of InuYasha I missed from 2 weeks ago.

dan2026

The Cowboy Bebop comparisons are really, really dumb.

Hell Space Dandy is a comedy for a start. They aren't even the same genre.

Andrew J.

The Cowboy Bebop comparisons are really, really dumb.

Hell Space Dandy is a comedy for a start. They aren't even the same genre.

Some Bebob episodes were comedies. There's one that's really funny, but I can't seem to remember the title. I feel like I've just seen it somewhere recently, too...

Fjordson

Some Bebob episodes were comedies. There's one that's really funny, but I can't seem to remember the title. I feel like I've just seen it somewhere recently, too...
Probably Mushroom Samba.

The Alien homage episode "Toys in the Attic" is pretty funny also, though very different from Space Dandy.

Jacob

I'm probably not going to be able to watch tonight because I have to be at work at 7 AM tomorrow (retail), but this thread reminded me to set my DVR to record, so thanks! :)

White Man

What's going to be the quickest legal way for us US folks that don't subscribe to cable to see this? Toonami's website didn't indicate when things pop up there and I figured that's probably the best option.

What's going to be the quickest legal way for us US folks that don't subscribe to cable to see this? Toonami's website didn't indicate when things pop up there and I figured that's probably the best option.

Probably Funimations website for the sub, don't think you'll be able to see the dub online legally for awhile

So I'm guessing the toonami thread will be for live, unmarked-spoiler discussion while this is for post-air impressions? Perhaps there should be some mention/rules about that in the OP.

So I'm guessing the toonami thread will be for live, unmarked-spoiler discussion while this is for post-air impressions? Perhaps there should be some mention/rules about that in the OP.

Yeah the Space Dandy OT should have all spoilers marked as some people in here won't even watch the dub or won't watch it live on Toonami

Jotaka

gdld.gif

Seda

Toonami thread will be unmarked spoilers and reactions yes, as is standard there. And I'd assume you are correct that this thread will have more typical spoiler rules, discussing either sub or dub.

Jex

Basically every thread anime-show specific thread has had tagged spoilers so I'd assume that's the case.

Beats

Hmm, is this going to be up on Funimation at the same time as Toonami? I'm in Canada, so Funimation seems like my only option. Also, if it's going up at the same time do I need to be a subscriber to watch it or is a free account enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom