• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD IS BETHESDA’S Least Buggiest GAME TO DATE,

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Our first public comment about Starfield being a polished game came from journalist Tyler McVicker, who’s currently under an embargo for the title. Despite being under the embargo, McVicker took to Discord to say, “Also, 15 hours in and not a single bug”.

Taking one person’s comments at face value is never enough, so I reached out to my contacts to delve a little deeper.

Speaking with several sources under the condition of anonymity who are currently under embargo and couldn’t speak publically about the game, McVicker’s comment is the same sentiment given by everyone I’ve spoken to. Five individuals, who have a varying amount of time put in the game have all said that the amount of bugs they’ve experienced can be counted on one hand. In fact, most said one or two at most, with everyone I spoke to having put dozens of hours into the game. In addition, it was also said that almost all the bugs that were found have already been listed to be fixed in the Starfield Day 1 patch.

Kuranghi

Our first public comment about Starfield being a polished game came from journalist Tyler McVicker, who’s currently under an embargo for the title. Despite being under the embargo, McVicker took to Discord to say, “Also, 15 hours in and not a single bug”.

Taking one person’s comments at face value is never enough, so I reached out to my contacts to delve a little deeper.

Speaking with several sources under the condition of anonymity who are currently under embargo and couldn’t speak publically about the game, McVicker’s comment is the same sentiment given by everyone I’ve spoken to. Five individuals, who have a varying amount of time put in the game have all said that the amount of bugs they’ve experienced can be counted on one hand. In fact, most said one or two at most, with everyone I spoke to having put dozens of hours into the game. In addition, it was also said that almost all the bugs that were found have already been listed to be fixed in the Starfield Day 1 patch.

Forget about Bethesda bug memes, that just sounds like a total bollocks statement for an open world game, let alone one of this scope. Does he mean major bugs like progress stopping or where you have to reload? Then I could believe it.

If true though... thats awesome! I'm getting more excited every day for this game.

M.W.

677.jpg

Pallas

Gold Member
I guess I’m with others, I’ll believe it when I play it myself but it’s a good sign that there are reviewers who are mentioning that there aren’t many bugs and the least amount from any Bethesda RPG.

The delays, extra polishing and support from Microsoft is paying off it would seem.

mrcroket

To be fair it's not hard to have the bethesda game with the least bugs, I mean the bar was pretty low.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW

Ozriel

M$FT
giphy.gif

In a game like this 15h is what, 0.00001% of the game?

Big grain of salt on this one for me.

To be fair is not difficulty to have the less buggiest bethesda game, I mean the bar was pretty low.
Never once heard of this dude. It's like my niece or nephew saying Starfield is the least buggy Bethesda game ever. Holds the same weight.
>Tyler McVicker

Opinion discarded

Reading the article is that hard?

They didn’t rely on Tyler’s comments. Opinions were sampled from 5 people with review codes who have each spent dozens of hours in the game.

That’s not a really high target to achieve, is it?

Article says “we can count the number of bugs we encountered on one hand”.

For an open world RPG, that’s quite a good sign.

mrcroket

They didn’t rely on Tyler’s comments. Opinions were sampled from 5 people with review codes who have each spent dozens of hours in the game.

Relax just kidding... still true though

Brigandier

All the journalists who gave Cyberpunk 11/10 and best game ever but never mentioned anything about the state of the game???

I'm supposed to take a journalists word that this game is bug free? 🤣

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I guess I’m with others, I’ll believe it when I play it myself but it’s a good sign that there are reviewers who are mentioning that there aren’t many bugs and the least amount from any Bethesda RPG.

The delays, extra polishing and support from Microsoft is paying off it would seem.
No doubt here. With Microsoft backing them and this being the first RPG from Bethesda in over a decade, and it's a 1st party title - I predicted this would be the case long ago. Phil is havin' none-of-it!

Ozriel

M$FT
‘Least buggiest’ is just poor grammar for a journalist to use. How did that even get published as a title in bold font without anyone there picking it up?

SomeGit

Don’t care, Tyler McVicker = ignore article.

Mr Hyde

Bethesda did it the other way around this time. The bugs aren't appearing until you've put in at least 100 hours in the game. That's when it all falls apart, with game breaking glitches, save corrupting, progression hindrance, Series S bricking. You know, the true Bethesda experience.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Some people want bugs on this game so bad they'll be grinding like speedrunners to get video of them. Pretty sure if you just play it normally you won't encounter much. I don't remember any from my time playing 110 hours of Skyrim in its launch year and I didn't even install community fixes.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
And that could still be a game with more bugs than all the other releases of the year put together :d

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I dont care so much about bugs, I care about performance on my PC. Will it run at at least 60 fps with good specs? This year has had such piss poor PC optimization that I can't say I have faith.

pasterpl

Some people want bugs on this game so bad they'll be grinding like speedrunners to get video of them. Pretty sure if you just play it normally you won't encounter much. I don't remember any from my time playing 110 hours of Skyrim in its launch year and I didn't even install community fixes.
Certain part of this forum wants this game to be full of bugs, undelivered promises and fail miserably. It will not happen By the looks of it so we have got lots of trolls, fud I people complaining about the game they will never play.

pasterpl

How embarrassing must it be to be a Bethesda upper level manager and see websites report that your new game isn't a complete technical dumpster fire.

The bar is so fucking low with Bethesda games.
Yes, so embarrassing selling millions of copies of Skyrim etc. winning multiple goty awards. Their gameplay loop is one in a million. Starfield seems to be a sure bet again and game that will last for decades with modes etc.

Top Bottom