• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD IS BETHESDA’S Least Buggiest GAME TO DATE,

SJRB

Gold Member
Yes, so embarrassing selling millions of copies of Skyrim etc. winning multiple goty awards. Their gameplay loop is one in a million. Starfield seems to be a sure bet again and game that will last for decades with modes etc.

This is about the technical state of their games. Nobody asked how many copies Skyrim sold because everyone knows their games sold gangbusters.

Sales numbers or gameplay loops have nothing to do with this topic.

Ozriel

M$FT
How embarrassing must it be to be a Bethesda upper level manager and see websites report that your new game isn't a complete technical dumpster fire.

Quite the feat for you to try to spin an article talking about Starfield being polished into a negative. Any upper level manager would be ecstatic at the reports of very few unknown bugs.

The bar is so fucking low with Bethesda games.

Not according to Metacritic, though

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Lies No GIF

Ginzeen

Banned
seems like those paid "rumours" that publishers plant in the media to help promote the game and consequently raise pre-order sales.
nope. Literally all the leakers and all the people under NDA have been consistent on this part. So it's very likely true. The game has been done since late last year. They've been polishing for 9 months

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Man, being Bethesda must be great. Imagine releasing every game with a ton of bugs and everyone's response is always "Oh, Bethesda!" like they're the comic relief character in a sitcom.

Their games are mega successful and evergreen. Most studios will love to be Bethesda

StereoVsn

I remember when reviewers were gushing over Cyberpunk just before the release, playing the game in their Cyberpunk chairs.

I will take these reports with an elephant sized grain of salt until actual player reviews/impressions on PC start going out.

johnjohn

How embarrassing must it be to be a Bethesda upper level manager and see websites report that your new game isn't a complete technical dumpster fire.

The bar is so fucking low with Bethesda games.
Yes, it must be incredibly embarrassing for them that they managed to create a game as expansive as Starfield with only a handful of bugs.

People are obviously just reading the title, but they actually quantify it in the article. The people they’ve talked to have only experienced like 1 or 2 minor bugs in hours of gameplay.

Last edited:

twilo99

It would’ve been nice a buggy but they had to ruin it by delaying it a whole year!

Thanks Phil

Last edited:

Barakov

Our first public comment about Starfield being a polished game came from journalist Tyler McVicker, who’s currently under an embargo for the title. Despite being under the embargo, McVicker took to Discord to say, “Also, 15 hours in and not a single bug”.

Taking one person’s comments at face value is never enough, so I reached out to my contacts to delve a little deeper.

Speaking with several sources under the condition of anonymity who are currently under embargo and couldn’t speak publically about the game, McVicker’s comment is the same sentiment given by everyone I’ve spoken to. Five individuals, who have a varying amount of time put in the game have all said that the amount of bugs they’ve experienced can be counted on one hand. In fact, most said one or two at most, with everyone I spoke to having put dozens of hours into the game. In addition, it was also said that almost all the bugs that were found have already been listed to be fixed in the Starfield Day 1 patch.

Blinking I See You GIF by shremps

Tomeru

Reading the article is that hard?

They didn’t rely on Tyler’s comments. Opinions were sampled from 5 people with review codes who have each spent dozens of hours in the game.

Im interested in seeing what a million people say. 5 people saying something based on a review build is, well, eh?

StueyDuck

Let's just wait till it releases... Journos are notoriously bad at reporting issues.

And bugs are so strange, even the classic skyrim giant bug I didn't notice till like 50hours in because I just ignored MQ, went off and did my own thing and never encountered a fight with a giant and got hit till much much later

No one really found the fallout 4 save corruption bug till it released and then lots of people started having it.

StueyDuck

Some people want bugs on this game so bad they'll be grinding like speedrunners to get video of them. Pretty sure if you just play it normally you won't encounter much. I don't remember any from my time playing 110 hours of Skyrim in its launch year and I didn't even install community fixes.
To be fair I've seen this with console warriors on X (twitter) with literally any first party exclusive release on either platform. They are even known to purposely ignore the day 1 patch just so they can make their little videos and get views and clicks.

Soodanim

1. The title uses block caps
  2. The title switches between block caps and lower case seemingly at random
  3. The entire OP is in bold
  4. This is not new news
These are the reasons I hate this thread

Top Bottom