• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD IS BETHESDA’S Least Buggiest GAME TO DATE,

MMaRsu

Banned
Where the fuck is the any button can't find it.

Child Smile GIF

Homer Simpson Lol GIF by Demic

Draugoth

Gold Member
The engine used on Starfield is Gamebryo 2.0, so im assuming it was going to be much more stable,

But if you see leaked gameplay you will see the Bethesda jank there

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

How embarrassing must it be to be a Bethesda upper level manager and see websites report that your new game isn't a complete technical dumpster fire.

The bar is so fucking low with Bethesda games.

Is that the prepared answer after the mobs spent months claiming Starfield would be a buggy mess? There's a different between the bar that Bethesda has set with Startfield, and your perception bar which is what was set too low and now you should feel embarrassed for doubting. Bethesda has nothing to be ashamed of here.

I can believe it.

The game isn't built on a derivative of GameBryo. This is all new tech they've built for this game. So I can see them making a dedicated effort to ensure the engine isn't held together with duct tape and bubble gum like GameBryo was.

Idk if the whole BGS bugs thing is massively overblown or if I have just been very luck. I got the Skyrim platinum on PS3 and outside of the occasional memory issue where the game would eventually move in slow motion if you played too long and required a console reboot, I never ran into any serious bugs. Same for Fallout 4. There was a door somewhere where the game ran slow on Xbone, that was about it. I never played Oblivion. Fallout 3 had no big bugs for me either. I'm glad to hear Starfield is apparently even less buggy.

Dutchy

Quite the feat for you to try to spin an article talking about Starfield being polished into a negative. Any upper level manager would be ecstatic at the reports of very few unknown bugs.

Not according to Metacritic, though
You try so hard to spin the narrative on anything even remotely negative someone has to say about Xbox. It must be so tiresome to live like you.

If a game was nicely polished, they would say just that. Instead it's "least buggy bethesda game". The guy literally commented saying how as an upper level manager, that must be quite the negative connotation to be applied to your work by default. It's not really the kind of compliment you'd be looking for.

He simply commented about the irony in that. That's it. Not hidden meaning or narratives. Stop taking everything so personal. Your life does not revolve around the success of a plastic box.

MMaRsu

Banned
Idk if the whole BGS bugs thing is massively overblown or if I have just been very luck. I got the Skyrim platinum on PS3 and outside of the occasional memory issue where the game would eventually move in slow motion if you played too long and required a console reboot, I never ran into any serious bugs. Same for Fallout 4. There was a door somewhere where the game ran slow on Xbone, that was about it. I never played Oblivion. Fallout 3 had no big bugs for me either. I'm glad to hear Starfield is apparently even less buggy.
Ofcourse its overblown. The compilations have made it easy to see that all sorts of crazy bugs CAN occur, but not every player will see such bugs. Some people might only encounter a few weird issues. Some people can encounter loads of them. Thats the crazy shit that can happen when you let the player do whatever they want.

Ozriel

M$FT
You try so hard to spin the narrative on anything even remotely negative someone has to say about Xbox. It must be so tiresome to live like you.

If a game was nicely polished, they would say just that. Instead it's "least buggy bethesda game". The guy literally commented saying how as an upper level manager, that must be quite the negative connotation to be applied to your work by default. It's not really the kind of compliment you'd be looking for.

He simply commented about the irony in that. That's it. Not hidden meaning or narratives. Stop taking everything so personal. Your life does not revolve around the success of a plastic box.

I can’t be held responsible for your failure to read or comprehend an article that clearly highlights that - across 5 people interviewed - Starfield has been quite the polished experience so far.

I’m critical of Microsoft when I’m convinced they deserve it. You’ll find that in my post history. I’m under no obligation to agree with you…or to show patience with trolling.

If a game was nicely polished, they would say just that.

this is heavily implied in the article. Your fault for stubbornly clinging to a poorly written title vs actually reading.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

It will be hilarious if you step off your starship and fall through the ground.
Ironically, this glitch was one of the first things to happen to me when I played Baldur's Gate 3; I for a brief moment, my character clipped the ground while traveling up a hill. Still the GOTG to me though.

I am expected Starfield to be even buggier. I'm taking all of these previews with a healthy dose of salt.

Fredrik

I don't remember any from my time playing 110 hours of Skyrim in its launch year
😵‍💫 I saw all kinds of weird things. Mammoths dropping from the sky and a mammoth flying about like a leaf was probably the weirdest ones. Then I had the physics engine break apart with every little thing in my house rumbling about like there was an earthquake, came from playing at higher framerates on PC, I think the engine were tuned to only handle 60fps max.
Mostly nice memories now tbh 😋

Last edited:

pasterpl

Some people want bugs on this game so bad they'll be grinding like speedrunners to get video of them. Pretty sure if you just play it normally you won't encounter much. I don't remember any from my time playing 110 hours of Skyrim in its launch year and I didn't even install community fixes.
Same here, completed game on x360 and cannot recall any major bugs. Put almost 200h into that game.

LostDonkey

Netimmerse -> Gamebryo -> Creation Engine -> Creation Engine 2

They just renamed it a few times.
Slightly updated the renderer to have nicer graphics. Lipstick on a pig style.
It's still as buggy as it was 25 years ago, maybe even more so.
Rather pessimistic but ok...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Lol Tyler mcvicker is not a journalist. It’s just some mega hype valve kid who will datamine everything from valve

MMaRsu

Banned
In 10 years from now, we'll be downloading the Starfield unofficial patch from Nexus to correct the 1000's of bugs that were never adressed.
Larian studios also just released a patch that fixed over a 1000 bugs, but its still a great game.

Alebrije

When your achivement is that your game has less bugs than previous ones ...it says something about your legacy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom