• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD IS BETHESDA’S Least Buggiest GAME TO DATE,

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The fact that this is a headline...

And that it's a headline derived from a quote 2+ months ago.

Plus it uses a doctored image on the article banner that makes the game character look a lot more anime than it actually is.

It's a click-bait article for generating clicks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And that it's a headline derived from a quote 2+ months ago.

Plus it uses a doctored image on the article banner that makes the game character look a lot more anime than it actually is.

It's a click-bait article for generating clicks.
first time GIF

fart town usa

Gold Member
I hope there's bugs and not cause I'm a hater. Non game breaking bugs are entertaining as can be. I can't wait to see the goofy YouTube clips of things going haywire.

Dutchy

Your fault for stubbornly clinging to a poorly written title
?

The title of the article says least buggy. The negative connotation applied to BGS games is that they're buggy.

How does a slight re-iteration of that fact later down in the article completely overrule that connotation?

You should join Sennin in the psych ward.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
?

The title of the article says least buggy.

articles are meant to be read. I clearly pointed out the title was poorly written, including atrocious grammar, and the actual article itself implies the game is quite polished, citing 5 individuals playing the game.

Why are you so rabidly opposed to reading?

You should join Sennin in the psych ward.

clearly your time there hasn’t helped your comprehension skill.

Last edited:

Dutchy

articles are meant to be read. I clearly pointed out the title was poorly written, including atrocious grammar, and the actual article itself implies the game is quite polished, citing 5 individuals playing the game.

Why are you so rabidly opposed to reading?

clearly your time there hasn’t helped your comprehension skill.
Poorly written title? So BGS games aren't buggy? That's not the notion under which we've been playing them for the past 15+ years?

The rest of the article is irrelevant as I was simply replying to your multi-quote to 8 people about why the title is ironic as fuck from the actual devs perspective. The fact you couldn't even grasp that one thing all the way in the beginning and immediately started defending again is very telling.

hemo memo

Gold Member
At first I read least as latest and was very confused how that is not common knowledge for a Bethesda open world game. Then read it again as least and yeah that’s actual news.

Hudo

Netimmerse -> Gamebryo -> Creation Engine -> Creation Engine 2

They just renamed it a few times.
Slightly updated the renderer to have nicer graphics. Lipstick on a pig style.
It's still as buggy as it was 25 years ago, maybe even more so.
In your expert opinion, what would you have done on the technical side of things? And how can you tell that they only updated the name and "slightly updated the renderer"?

MMaRsu

Banned
We also shouldn't be praising Nintendo for doing the bare minimum.

And I apologize for not kissing the ground Todd Howard walks. But I like my games not being a buggy mess. And unlike most people, I don't find it endearing when Bethesda does it.

Except their games aren't really 'buggy messes' with the exception of Skyrim PS3.

Their games have their fair share of bugs, and users can encounter plenty of them. However due to the open world nature and open structure of the games that can also mean that users can see almost no bugs.

So in most cases their games are unique and despite the amount of bugs earn their Metacritic scores. Baldurs Gate 3 just launched and had a patch from Larian Studios fix over a thousand bugs. But regardless of that, the game is still great.

laynelane

We also shouldn't be praising Nintendo for doing the bare minimum.

And I apologize for not kissing the ground Todd Howard walks. But I like my games not being a buggy mess. And unlike most people, I don't find it endearing when Bethesda does it.

Agreed. And the other issue with Bethesda is they don't fix many of the bugs in their games. I'm playing Skyrim on PS4 right now and am dealing with crashes and a game-breaking bug in one of the DLCs. That bug is fixed by the unofficial patch, but in all the years and re-releases of the game - Bethesda made no effort to fix it themselves. I don't find this endearing or funny at all.

Except their games aren't really 'buggy messes' with the exception of Skyrim PS3.

Their games have their fair share of bugs, and users can encounter plenty of them. However due to the open world nature and open structure of the games that can also mean that users can see almost no bugs.

So in most cases their games are unique and despite the amount of bugs earn their Metacritic scores. Baldurs Gate 3 just launched and had a patch from Larian Studios fix over a thousand bugs. But regardless of that, the game is still great.
Key word everyone leaves out : PS3

MMaRsu

Banned
But I didnt leave it out its right there.

In fact that was the only version I played till way later, I got it three days before release tho so that was pretty sweet.
And since there was no news or screenshots basically of the Ps3 version I made this YT video for GAF basically

I got like 60/70 hours in though

Top Bottom