• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Showcase Rumored to Be Announced Next Week

nemiroff

Gold Member
Wow talk about semantics
So literally everything in existence is in space. Brilliant

I was clearly twisting the perspective by example and mentioning the trope "space trade simulator" vs the scene we have today where we have games located in "space" covering pretty much every game genre there is. The "boring space game" thingy is meaningless, especially in these times, so that's kinda the point I was trying to make. I mean, let's take a look at the recently released Dead Space remake. I'd say that's a game in space as well. But I don't see anyone calling it "boring" because it takes place in space. So you tell me why you layered Starfield with the general notion of "space" as being something boring.

I'd suggest that instead of giving me an attitude, why don't you actually leave the one-liners behind and make a small effort to discuss instead.

Last edited:

Pop

Where Is It Season 10 GIF by One Chicago

So I'm hearing starfeld is more like The Expanse than Mass Effect. That is, it's more focused on politics and interacting with other humans in space then weird new worlds and aliens.

I'm hoping this is not true because I want to see a good space exploration game where we meet weird fucking creatures and aliens and explore ancient alien ruins when we land on planets.

But if it's politics between Earth humans and Mars colonists then that's going to be a yawfest to me even though I do like the show The Expanse.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Lol at that back pedal, sick of these twitter clowns getting clout they dont deserve

Of course that twat waffle blames other people for his shitty "journalism". Robinson from VGC says it's coming soon and Corden tells people it's next week. Then points the finger at Robinson and other sources for starting the rumor. Dude calling other people clowns when he's performing in the same fucking circus.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Of course that twat waffle blames other people for his shitty "journalism". Robinson from VGC says it's coming soon and Corden tells people it's next week. Then points the finger at Robinson and other sources for starting the rumor. Dude calling other people clowns when he's performing in the same fucking circus.
They should go out and get real jobs instead of making up rumors and simping for coroporations that dont give a shit about them. People like jez, kloribble, and tim dog are so fucking confusing to me. Like really, you’ve built up your entire personality around a brand?! Thats insane. Same with all of these people whose only purpose to exist is literally simping for playstation and nintendo.

kyussman

Fucking clown insiders....I'd be so embarrassed to parrot this shit on social media.....but they seem to have no shame.

Elysion

Banned
If this is still supposed to come out in the first half of this year we should be getting a release date pretty soon; it‘s already March after all. Unless it‘s not coming in the first half of course…

Topher

Gold Member
If this is still supposed to come out in the first half of this year we should be getting a release date pretty soon; it‘s already March after all. Unless it‘s not coming in the first half of course…

Supposed to? Yes. Will it? Getting more and more doubtful

Last edited:
Does not compute.

Either you have a source, even if said source is shit, or you are the person creating the rumour.
Andy Robinson tweeted about it and Jez talked about that tweet on the show. He said he has not verified it himself with any of his inside sources. He was just talking and speculating about it (just like.. loads of other people were on this very thread)

I just think it's a little weird to go after Jez specifically for a rumor that he had no direct role in. I won't keep holding water for the guy, but I listened to the show live last week and he was clear that he had no direct information about a showcase, and was just speculation based on existing tweets going around at the time. take that how you will.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here's my leak.

Starfield will be shown next week. My secret source is my hairy ass.

Lets see how it compares to Twitter users looking for attention and clicks.

SSM announced the release date shortly before the games launch. Same can happen with Starfield.

But I agree that Jez was just making this up.

So was forza, they are not releasing red field, forza, and starfield in the next 3 months

b0uncyfr0

Who gives a rats ass how its annoucned - is it actualy a good innovative game? Will we finally have something that pushes the X?

Those are more important questions.

pasterpl

I think insiders heard that there will be a Xbox show announced this week and all assumed it will be Starfiled. What it is is announcement of Xbox show with Paradox that was announced this week and it is happening on 6th of March.

Top Bottom