• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam has a new top GPU - Hail the new king

GreatnessRD

3060 is still gross when you can get a 6700 XT which is about 30% for cheaper or the same monies. But I know, mah DLSS and RT in 1080p. With that said, it is good to see the 1060 retired and folks getting newer cards. 1060 was my first discrete graphics card, so it'll always hold a firm place in my heart.

Now we just need to get Steam to streamline the survey to everyone so we can really see some raw numbers and not the joey random randomizer.

Rickyiez

If you mean by the VRAM then I do agree that Nvidia is restricting how much VRAM they give out to force people to upgrade but honestly it's not too bad.

The 3060 is over two years old and it comes with 12GB which honestly ain't terrible. We've started to see VRAM requirements increase but 12GB should last a while yet. People might just need to start turning down more settings. That shit has to happen eventually.

I feel bad for the people who got a 3080 with 10GB. Again, it's not bad for a card that is now 2 and a half years old but it's a higher tier model and 10GB felt like too little even at launch for such a card. There should never have been a 10GB model and they should all have been 12GB. A lower tier card like the 3060 can get away with having 8GB.

I didn't fall it for when people said 10GB would be enough in a 3080 and that's why I held out for a card with 16GB.
I feel bad for people thinking 12gb on 3060 worth anything. You won't be running anything at high resolution smooth enough to utilize half of the vram. 1080p used only a puddle of vram, if you look at actual usage and not allocation.

Buggy Loop

But I thought every pc gamer had a 4090?

200.gif

Top Bottom