• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Games Delisted from PSN; Tales of Xillia 2, Hearts R, Symphonia Chronicles

Delisted without any prior notification?

That is some grade A bullshit.
Yes it is! Nothing is safe. We all have to raise a voice to these companies that this shit isn't to be tolerated. If we are all quiet it will continue, just like Microtransactions etc..

What is the reason for delisting something that will potentionally make you money? Does Sony and MS and nintendo charge you just to be on the store? I wouldn't think so , or we wouldn't have scores of trash shovelware (looking at you eshop). None of those games could take the cost of it. I doubt these games take up that much space, compared to current titles.

Same shit happened with tons of xbox360 games. I got my series x (first xbox console in my 40 years of gaming, yeah i have been around since atari), and was excited to dig back into splinter cell only to find it and pandora tomorrow gone.
Same with Silent hill downpour, and the physical copy price jacked way up. Same with Mortal Kombat 9, and Skate 2 (that one didn't make a lick of sense as skate 1 and 3 were both still for sale. Then it was the battlefield bad company games and Graw. I of course bought all these titles physical (thankfully that is still a thing for now), but why remove them?

If there is an issue with a song, pay the royalty or get a contract signed , i am sure it won't be much for some old song to be in a game that already exists. Thing is those cases are few and far between. There isn't commercial songs in Tales of, or splinter cell. Silent hill dp and mk9 were the only delisted titles that had licensed properties.

Oh and its not just console. Alpha protocal and neverwinter nights 2, both removed from steam (along with many others probably). I couldn't play ap on steam deck as I don't have it (have on ps3 disc, but not on steam). Apparently they delisted it , over what? Shit got put back on gog.com recently, and snatched it up, but still, it should of been on steam, as I still can't play on steam deck. NWN2 already owend, but for future buyers , they have to go through gog as steam was delisted.
Thats a weird case too, why is it delisted on one platform and not another.

Again no system is safe from this bullshit.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

I understand it sucks if a games gets de-listed. However if you still have access to it after de-listing, fair baseball at least. But if you never bought it in the first place, well no one took your money.
On I-tunes they have taken away Homework by Daft Punk away from me twice!!! No notice. I paid for it. That's pretty criminal even if is a minor purchase.

I have been making my own personal list of game types that one would need to buy sooner rather than later, due to them being delisted earlier than usual. I have this so far:

• Rhythm games with licensed music
  • Racing games with real cars
  • When Rockstar announces a remake
  • WB games
Guess I will add ‘Games with anime intro’

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes it is! Nothing is safe. We all have to raise a voice to these companies that this shit isn't to be tolerated. If we are all quiet it will continue, just like Microtransactions etc..

It's a PS3 game....

Move on, there are other games to play.

MtZ9N.gif

Astray

Gold Member
How is this any "scarier" than a physical retailer no longer offering copies of a game? Can you go to best buy and buy PS3 games?
I think it's the way it happens.. It's usually a conscious decision that delists a game from digital platforms, rather than natural attrition cycle of supply chain stock levels for physical.

I think it's the way it happens.. It's usually a conscious decision that delists a game from digital platforms, rather than natural attrition cycle of supply chain stock levels for physical.

Yeah, but to my point, these games are available via digital for significantly longer than they ever were in physical retail.

We're literally talking about a game that is 12 years old...

Top Bottom