• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Star Break is over! The NEW MLB Thread - This half we get stickied for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
joe250 said:
I went to the games on Monday and Tuesday and listened today at work. Just terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I really need to take a break and focus on some other hobbies. I just take it way too seriously for my own good.

Ha, I was there today. Valentin single handedly cost them the win today. His I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HE COULD HAVE POSSIBLE BEEN THINKING base running play, and his I CAN'T CATCH AN EASY FOUL BOUL plays is why they lost. And Borchard swinging at the first fucking pitch and grounding into a DP.

Ah well, still 60 games left. 6 left with the twinkies. Hopefully this was a wake-up call for them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gary Gaetti has fixed the swing of pratically every batter on this team...I bow before his nose.

Mashing

I'm optimistic... but let's be frank... we're playing Arizona... and they look like a minor league team right now.

If Randy Johnson was pitching in this series and we still got 10 runs... then I'd be really excited.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I'm aware they're playing a shit team,difference is that they couldnt do this against the shit teams before with Spillman as hitting coach.

siege

Banned
Damn, the Bucs had 11 hits to Atlanta's 5 and the Braves still won 1-0. Russ Ortiz won his 6th straight game.

Matrix

LMAO @ Biggio

Anyone else watching the stros game catch what he did?

Matrix

Mike Fetters was pitching and of course he did his usual puff real hard and then turn and look at the plate with an evil face routine...Biggio did the samething back at him LOL

Stros win *over.500 BABY!* and are only 3 games behind the baby bears.

Desperado

21 @ ARI - W 5-2
22 @ ARI - W 10-3
23 vs MIL - L 7-6
24 vs MIL - W 6-3
25 vs MIL - W 9-1
26 vs ARI - L 4-1
27 vs ARI - W 10-3
28 vs ARI - W 6-1

29 vs ARI 1:05 PM - Redding

30 @ CIN 6:10 PM - Munro
31 @ CIN 12:15 PM - Pettitte
---trade deadline---
01 @ CIN 12:15 PM - Oswalt

HAHA OVER .500 BITCHEZZ...BAYBEE BARES TEH STROS R COMIN 4 U!!!11 3 GAMEZ BAK!!!!1

Matrix

Only a week? :(

Desperado

Should be to the end of baseball season...

lol.

But anyway...UR BAN WIL ONLEE MAKE TEH PASSSIN OF TEH CUBBEEES BYE TEH ASTROSS TAHT MUCH BETA!!11

In other news, how the hell has Oliver done so well so far for Houston? 5 scoreless innings so far. Hope he keeps it up!

Mrbob

Cubsfan23 said:
I'll ban myself for a week if the Astros pass the Cubs at any point.

Don't sweat it the Stros are playing the worst team in MLB. This should have been a four game sweep. It could be a split.

Rodriguez

Way to go, Felix Heredia, you worthless piece of shit. How the fuck is this damn scrub still be on the team? Because he's a lefty in the bullpen? HE CAN'T GET LEFTIES OUT! HE CAN'T GET ANYONE OUT! He's worthless, he sucks, it's over, get rid of him.

Scoobert

Hee Seop Choi Hee Seop Choi Hee Seop Choi!!

ynBN4K2C.jpg

9koCrP2s.jpg

Phillies02.jpg

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The A's have quietly won 5 in a row and are going to overtake the AL West lead tonight, AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE NL CENTRAL?

:|

Thaedolus

Gold Member
St. Louis will win the Central and you're in no shape to win the wild card. Lost season, get over it.

OAKLAND 2004 WORLD CHAMPS!

Mrbob

Saaaaammmmyyy!

Two run blast! 3-0 Cubs in the 6th! Stros down 4-1 to the Diamondbacks in the 5th Redding sucks lol.

Desperado

21 @ ARI - W 5-2
22 @ ARI - W 10-3
23 vs MIL - L 7-6
24 vs MIL - W 6-3
25 vs MIL - W 9-1
26 vs ARI - L 4-1
27 vs ARI - W 10-3
28 vs ARI - W 6-1
29 vs ARI - L 6-3

30 @ CIN 6:10 PM - Munro
31 @ CIN 12:15 PM - Pettitte
---trade deadline---
01 @ CIN 12:15 PM - Oswalt

meh, in the last 9 games, they're playing .666 ball. If they could keep it up, they might have a shot. but SPLITTING WITH THE F'ING DBACKS? ARHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHHHH

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jul. '04 OPPONENT RESULT
Thu. 15 Los Angeles L 4-3
Fri. 16 Los Angeles L 6-2
Sat. 17 Los Angeles L 7-6
Sun. 18 Los Angeles L 10-3
Mon. 19 San Francisco L 6-1
Tue. 20 San Francisco L 3-1
Wed. 21 Houston L 5-2
Thu. 22 Houston L 10-3
Fri. 23 Colorado L 8-2
Sat. 24 Colorado L 8-2
Sun. 25 Colorado L 3-2
Mon. 26 at Houston W 4-1
Tue. 27 at Houston L 10-3
Wed. 28 at Houston L 6-1
Thu. 29 at Houston W 6-4

I went through the painstaking task of bolding all the wins.

Rodriguez said:
Way to go, Felix Heredia, you worthless piece of shit. How the fuck is this damn scrub still be on the team? Because he's a lefty in the bullpen? HE CAN'T GET LEFTIES OUT! HE CAN'T GET ANYONE OUT! He's worthless, he sucks, it's over, get rid of him.

probably cause he sexes up steinbrenner? for the life of me, i cant understand why they kept this scrub and traded gabe white.

Mrbob

Can Houston find someone else to start than Redding? Surely they have someone in the minors they could bring up who could do better!

Houston is now involved in a three game firesale war with Cincinnati. Whoever loses, team gets sold off! Cincy is playing so poorly right now though that it is perfect time for the Stros to go get some wins. However this may also mean they turn it around against Houston!

Mashing

Yeah, the Astros have Carlos Hernandez who is picthing really well in New Orleans... they're taking their time with him after his injuy and I'm glad they are... With that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him up in the majors later this year.

The astros should just sell off our team and reform it with a nucleus of beltran and berkman. When was the last time we restructured, 1991?

Mashing

Heh, next year is going to be interesting... If Garner stayes the coach for next year (and I hope he does, him and his staff have done a great job so far)... I'd expect for the team to be much younger and with a lot of speed.

Joe

they know heredia is absolutely horrible right now but they keep putting him in games to try and straighten out. when you have an 8 game lead you can do that sort of stuff. they know they need a lefty in the pen and they've said they're trying to get one but they are also getting heredia in games just in case they cant. and when karsay finally comes back, the pen will be a lot stronger.

Joe said:
they know heredia is absolutely horrible right now but they keep putting him in games to try and straighten out. when you have an 8 game lead you can do that sort of stuff. they know they need a lefty in the pen and they've said they're trying to get one but they are also getting heredia in games just in case they cant. and when karsay finally comes back, the pen will be a lot stronger.

karsay aint coming back any time soon and this team is built for the postseason, not the playoffs. no amount of "practice" is gona starighten heredia. he sucks and the yanks dont wanna acknowledge this.

Scoobert

No just a few of the many reactions he had during the Marlins and Phillies series. He was always shaking his head, put his head down, cursing, or throwing something in the dugout. It was priceless watching him in that dugout, lol.

Joe

he was actually a good reliever last year for the yanks and the reds, they're just hoping he can capture it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom