• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Star Break is over! The NEW MLB Thread - This half we get stickied for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Disastros won? well, I guess it's not too out of the question. It was the "Spos. Anyway, fuck Biddle or Vargas or whoever the dipshit was that hit biggio and everett in the same inning. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Now viz is in there, and has had a decent bat this year. *sigh*

You know...any of you in the Houston area that listen to 610am know what I'm talking about

There's a commercial here for all the programming on the station. It goes something like.

John & Lance (5:30-9) "yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda"
Marc Vandermeer (9-11) "Smith to the plate...LINES one over the 1st baseman, Smith towards first...THUNDERING DOWN THE LINE...ROCK AND ROLL, ............a single." "That's like the biggest play in softball"
Jim Rome (11-2) "pulling tractor trailers...having sex with a chicken is disgusting" (lol, I dunno)
Dan Patrick (2-4) "Conversation with Bud Selig"
Rich/Charlie (4-8) "yadda yadda yadda"
Then...they get to the promo for the Nightshift with Matt Jackson. It goes something like...
"THEY HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL! WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT?!"

Man...he talks about it every friggin day now. "How could I have been so stupid! We even have that ridiciulous promo running still where I tell some guy to stop worring about the Astros."

Desperado

I bet they bring up Bruntlett....GODDAMNIT BRING UP SOME PITCHING!!! BACKE, HERNANDEZ, QUALLS...SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

argh

anyway...lol I just discovered 610 like, yesterday, [i know wtf???] so I haven't heard that promo...but that's hilarious.

wait, no it's not...it's depressing. :( :( :(

Miguel

*sigh*

Just stick Viz at SS, SEND DOWN TACKLEBERRY (Weathers) and bring up 2 pitchers.

12m.jpg
Dave%20Weathers.jpg

rc213

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Damn Error!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Izturis

DAMN U Izturis, why u give them that extra Out!

Meier

Man, Izturis has been struggling in the field lately. If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with that infection in his toe -- probably making it difficult to plant.

Mrbob

I hate my local FOX stations.

According to their programming schedule listed on their website, both stations are not showing the Cubs/Giants game at 3PM! But I get to see the Mets/Cards at noon.....Yay......I'm still hoping against hope that the Cubs/Giants game got bumped to 3PM central start at the last second due to Maddux bid for 300 and that these FOX websites didn't update their programming appropriately.

Miguel

Desperado said:
anyway...lol I just discovered 610 like, yesterday, [i know wtf???] so I haven't heard that promo...but that's hilarious.

BLASPHEMY!

You JUST discovered SR610?! >:O!

LOL, anyway, FYI, Texans vs Dolphins scrimmage will be on today. Starting...right about now I think, if not, at 12ish.

Joe

el duque said he's gonna bust out a new pitch in todays game. hopefully its not that eephus pitch. maybe its something slower than his 50mph curveball or hell maybe its a fastball :p

Mashing

Hopefully Pettite throws at Batista or something tonight... You can't let them get away with breaking your star shortstops hand without putting someone's face in the dirt.

Desperado

I hope Andy realizes that he can't pitch with his injury so he can just end his season already. I'd rather watch Carlos Hernandez than have to worry about Pettitte ruining the rest of his career...

astros.com said:
Hernandez sighting? Considering the Astros' pitching staff grows more and more shorthanded every day, it's not out of the realm of possibility that left-hander Carlos Hernandez will be called up soon.

Hernandez, who hasn't pitched in the big leagues since 2002 after undergoing left shoulder surgery last year, made his most recent start for the Triple-A New Orleans Zephyrs last Monday. With an off day on Wednesday, Hernandez's next scheduled start would be on Sunday at home versus Portland.

Hunsicker said Hernandez would "probably" be called up in the near future.

Another minor leaguer making a good case for a callup is right-hander Brandon Backe, who has made seven starts since moving from the Zephyrs' bullpen to their rotation.

Backe struck out 11 in seven innings in his most recent outing. He gave up five hits in a 5-1 win over Portland.

Good news. And Backe lives in the same city as me!

Mrbob

Joe said:
FUCK YOU FOX

cant even watch the game.

WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN??!!

FOX shows two football games on Sunday. Yet they tend to only show one of the two baseball games on Saturday. It makes no damn sense.

Also, the the heck is Maddux going for 300 not a national telivised game? This must be regional only. They got fucking infomercials on right now on both Fox stations.

Any of you Yankee fans think now may be the time to sit Bernie (as sad as it is). It's really getting pathetic (read - makes me feel fuckin old that I've now seen the rise and fall of Bernie, after watching Don Mattingly do the same) watching him play.

speshylives said:
Any of you Yankee fans think now may be the time to sit Bernie (as sad as it is). It's really getting pathetic (read - makes me feel fuckin old that I've now seen the rise and fall of Bernie, after watching Don Mattingly do the same) watching him play.

sit him permanently or do you just mean DH his ass and keep him out of the field?

Permanently. He just struck out looking with men on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. He just seems to be useless with runners in scoring position this season. That, compounded with the fact that he's not exactly the speedster out in the OF that he used to be either, and I think he's ready to take on a more active role of dethroning whomever may be on the top of the classical guitar charts.

Mrbob

speshylives said:
Permanently. He just struck out looking with men on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. He just seems to be useless with runners in scoring position this season. That, compounded with the fact that he's not exactly the speedster out in the OF that he used to be either, and I think he's ready to take on a more active role of dethroning whomever may be on the top of the classical guitar charts.

Sosa is that you?!

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
speshylives said:

Bernie is working his way back, he's still a solid hitter. We're going to have Carlos Beltran next season, so there won't be a need for Bernie anyway.

All Hail C-Webb

speshylives said:

Arod is doing even worse with RISp, does that mean we should give up on him too? Bernie is coming back from an injury, and he's not playing that badly.

El Duque is awesome. He has so much movement on the ball. He threw that 50 mph pitch to delgado and made him smile. I remember a few years back he was pitching to Arod and he threw that pitch that dropped right at the plate. Arod struck out the first time, and when he came up again he smashed it. Both arod and duque were laughing.

Joe

bernie's skills have definitely deteriated but i'm sure he'll contribute in the post season like he always does.

it would be nice to see beltran in center field next season. he's pretty much a better version of bernie.

I'm basing my judgement on what Bernie used to be, a solid hitter with a good eye. I'm by no means the master of the Elias sports bureau, but how many times do you remember Bernie Williams striking out looking with RISP? He just isn't even close to being the same player at the plate any more.

Mrbob

Walker triples in two runs I see!

DUSTY, BENCH GRUDZ FOR THE YEAR AND START WALKER EVERY GAME UNLESS IT IS A LEFT HANDED PITCHER. KTHX.

I will not give up the hope that Dusty will come to his senses eventually. I've been bitching about this all year. Walker flat out produces big time. If Walker started every day we would be leading the Wild Card by five, six, seven games.

Ugh, I just noticed Walker got stranded at 3rd with no outs. I'm blaming Maddux for this one. He needs to have Paul fucking Bako to catch him. Learn to pitch to Barrett Maddux. Barrett would have knocked him in.

Mrbob

It's a good thing we have a pair of former Red Sox players on this team because without them we would be screwed. Can Sosa, Alou, someone, please, knock runners over to the next base if you make an out!

Fuckbeans. Between Sosa and Alou they are batting, what, .150 over the last month? Nomar has been hitting the crap out of the ball lately and getting stranded because Sosa and Alou can't do shit to move him over to the next base.

Derrick Lee needs to get moved to 3rd in the lineup, Aram 4th. Sosa 5th, Walker 6th, and Alou 7th.

All Hail C-Webb

speshylives said:
I'm basing my judgement on what Bernie used to be, a solid hitter with a good eye. I'm by no means the master of the Elias sports bureau, but how many times do you remember Bernie Williams striking out looking with RISP? He just isn't even close to being the same player at the plate any more.

What what?

Bernie with the Bases loaded single, driving in 2 runs.

Mrbob

Dusty needs to let go of the legacy of Sosa and Alou. Aram is cleary our biggest run producer and clutch hitter this year. He needs to bat right after Garciaparra or the one after. Aram needs to go in the 3rd or 4th slot. Aram can knock in Nomar when he gets on base.

Hah, look at that, Lee doubles in Ramirez! My card lineup owns yours dusty! :p

Joe

im not watching the game but from reading forum posts it seems el duque did indeed throw an eephus pitch, and apparently threw a pitch with no windup.

All Hail C-Webb

Joe said:
im not watching the game but from reading forum posts it seems el duque did indeed throw an eephus pitch, and apparently threw a pitch with no windup.

He's thrown the eephus (slow ass pitch that is way abouve the batters head, and then drops?) at least once, but he only got it down to 54 mph, and the commentaters were pissed he didn't get it down to 50. He did the no windup pitch to Delgado, it was way out of the strike zone, but if he had thrown a strike, it looked like he had Delgado fooled.

Rodriguez

Ah well, no cycle for Cairo. But he played a great game today. Of course, the big news is another great performance by a Yankee starting pitcher.

God damn, Scott Proctor, you fucking scrub.

Mrbob

Farnsworth got out of the jam?!!?!??! DESTINY.

Edit: ALLLLOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. You actually did something! Two run jack! Cubs up 8-4 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom