• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Star Break is over! The NEW MLB Thread - This half we get stickied for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
BSPN is biased torward western teams like the Dodgers because of competition from other sports medias like Fox Sports who is a minority owner of the Dodgers.

Joe

im thinking more along the lines of clement, pedro, pavano, and leiter.

andddd vazquez continues to give up the longball.

Mrbob

Clement is ours! OURS! We will resign him. Hopefully.

Just the mere thought of Clement in Stankees filth turns my stomache in knots.

Anyway, looks like the Giants are getting desperate for a win tonight. Felipe Alou has pushed up Schmidt one day to pitch tonight against the Cubbies. Only going on four days rest now. I hope this tactic backfires. Put away Schmidt tonight and we can bury the Giants in this three game series.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Joe said:
in the last game of the twins series last week...he was atrocious.

The game after that he also had an error that single handedly cost us the game. And he's batting .230

He is a fucking scrub. Oh how sweet getting Nomar for Magglio would have been before the season started. Stupid fucking Red Sox not getting A-Rod.

calder

Haha, this Jays/Yankees game already feels like it's been on for 2 hours. I'd say it's going to be one of those 15-9 games, but this year I just always assume the Jays bats will die out after a big inning so I'll say it's going to be one of those 15-3 games. ;(

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
It's funny...after only missing 8 or so games all year, and going to 12 of them, you'd think I'd stop watching the Sox now that they are done. But no; I must keep watching. It's like if your son is a total fuck-up and dies of an overdose, you still have to go to the funeral. ya know? =(

Miguel

white_flag.jpg

Adam Everett with a broken arm (According to the Radio guy on the sports radio here)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
*starts crying*

I cant take it anymore...I just cant.

Rodriguez

calder said:
but this year I just always assume the Jays bats will die out after a big inning so I'll say it's going to be one of those 15-3 games. ;(

OMGILUVJ00CALDER!

Vazquez bounced back magnificently.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cubsfan23 said:

Wow you really are an ahole...I hope not all Cub fans are like you.

Matrix

Rodriguez said:
Pfft....crybaby.

Pfft...Yankee fan...cant get any worse than that.

rc213

Dodgers better get ready to get thier asses stomped! Phillies own the Dodgers so far this year.

Bah! Already 2-0 in the first.

Mrbob

Cubs batters need to come up big for Clement tonight.

Poor guy is 8-10 with a 3.03 era. Now he gets to face Jason Schmidt! Clement should be 13-4 if he got some run support.

Scoobert

Thank you Dodgers!

LoDoca wins the game for the Marlins!! In the 9th inning, bases loaded and 0 out he hits a single scoring in 2 runs.

And he gets a pie in the face. He's definitely a Marlin now. :D

Meier

Man.. Ishii was pitching so well until about 4 starts ago. He looked great last start but he has just been awful recently.. :(

Mrbob

Oh shit.

Clement walked two in the second and gave up a 3 run jack.

Cubs down 3-0 against Schmidt....first loss in the Nomar era looking good...

Mrbob

Cubsfan23 said:
Damn you Clement! He is the weak link right now.

Well, the defense didn't help him out at all.

Both Barrett and Ramirez dropped pop up foul balls that Bonds hit. Then he got walked....

Joe

matsui beat the bluejays by himself tonight and needed only 3 innings. the yanks looked really tired the past week or two but seem to have woken up during the past couple of days...THANKS OAKLAND! :)

Mrbob

FU Sosa. Damn choke artist with runners in scoring position.

Ugh. Ramirez leads off the next inning with a double. Good job Sosa....!!!

Mrbob

Bacon said:
Fuck, the Cubs are getting pounded. :(

EDIT: Damn, Clement got out of that inning in a lucky way...

Yup. But it's still 4-1. Good news is Schmidt has thrown 70 pitches threw four innings. Hopefully we can get him out by the 6th and crush that crappy bullpen.

Mrbob

Ugh. I'm sick of Sosa choking with runners in scoring position. If he doesn't jack it out of the park he screws up. We just need a hit! Geez.

Mrbob

I'd say Yankees as they'll have the best record in the league yet will get waxed in the divisional round of the playoffs due to lack of quality starting pitching.

Ugh, crap. Clement gives up a two run jack to JT SNOW. 6-2 Giants now. Getting close to Game. Set. Match.

Desperado

Joe said:
i wonder which team is the most dissapointing? red sox, phillies, astros, or cubs?

ASTROS...with a close runner up, the Phillies. Red Sox/Cubs have good records...Astros/Phillies are hovering around .500. Astros added Clemens and Pettitte and have a worse record than last year....?!?!?!

Mrbob

1st and 2nd, no outs. Top 7th. Sosa up. WWSD? I say double play. Nice swing at the ball in the dirt sosa...he strikes out. 3rd time tonight with runners in scoring position and you choked. good job. 17 million well spent.

Wow, Lee strikes out on a 3-2 count by swinging at a ball in the dirt. This team is reverting back to shit hitting tonight. Swinging at a ton of crap.

Joe

Mrbob said:
I'd say Yankees as they'll have the best record in the league yet will get waxed in the divisional round of the playoffs due to lack of quality starting pitching.
have fun going to the playoffs (which is still very much up in the air) without a real closer. and let it be known that your makeshift closer has a 6+ era in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom