• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ashes |OT| Australia v England 2013-2014 - All this fuss just for a lil' urn

Status
Not open for further replies.
8NCcO73.gif

Great knock Finchy!

That was a brutally dismissive cross bat smash down to long off from the captain there.

Poor old Bresnan, he looks like one of those fat blokes who thinks that if he wears a skin tight shirt if will fool people into thinking it's muscle.

Moxx19

Banned
What was with the McKay hate earlier? He has been our best ODI bowler for years and is the first one named in the squad for good reason. Him having a few ordinary Big Trash League games means nothing.

And lol at Bell getting clean bowled by Derpaty.

Chris Jordan has a weird ass run up.

I noticed it during the first ODI, he reminds me a little of Shaun Tait actually not quite to his extreme though. Really short delivery stride and stomps his front foot down almost vertically. He's already been plagued by injury and I imagine he continually will be until he learns to run through the crease. Though saying that, there is something about him, good talent.

You can always tell the bowlers that will have injury trouble, they have jerky changes of momentum.

elfinke

I noticed it during the first ODI, he reminds me a little of Shaun Tait actually not quite to his extreme though. Really short delivery stride and stomps his front foot down almost vertically. He's already been plagued by injury and I imagine he continually will be until he learns to run through the crease. Though saying that, there is something about him, good talent.

You can always tell the bowlers that will have injury trouble, they have jerky changes of momentum.

He also seems to stop accelerating about 5mt short of the popping crease. I reckon he'd be just as fast off a shorter run up, and it may well save him a few injuries. Maybe Gillespie (or Brett) should have a chat with him...

Also, lol at the PM's XI result. Team played as well as the eponymous PM governs.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Tait still crazy quick but was sloppy early on.

Best memory of him is getting Tendulkar out.......... by making him shit himself so much he jumped onto his stumps.

Jezbollah

Tait played for my team Essex last year. Every time he bowled I wondered if his arm would fly off somewhere...

Also, I'd love to see Graham Napier out there for BBL. His 152no from 58 vs Sussex in '08... Hnnnnnng

Does joe root have the record for most consecutive failed referrals?

would have to be up the top of the list, followed by Watson.

I dont know what he was thinking then, that it was going over the top of the wickets? It hit him on the back pad and given that the on field umpire gave it out, he couldnt have been confident with that referral.

He is getting really desperate for runs, that is his main problem. Funny how that was was Watson's problem with it as well - when you are struggling for runs you never think you are out LBW!

McKay is bowling dross.

Looks like he's struggling physically. Incidentally they keep playing a Com Bank ad at the breaks with a certain P Siddle in it wearing a ODI outfit. It looks like already owns one, how about letting him wear it in anger.

kmag

why on earth is Clarke bowling McKay out? He's got overs in the tank and McKay is bowling so innocuously he may as well walk down and hand it to the batter. 11 nurdled runs off that over with England having to play 1 shot. Terrible.

Australia letting this get away from them. They had a decent bit of control but the last couple of overs have been terrible. I know the fielding restrictions help in the last 10 but the lines are all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom